Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
Recipe for Disaster is the 100th quest released by Jagex, being a sequel to the Cook's Assistant quest. It is composed of 10 subquests. The subquests range in difficulty from easy to very hard. It is intended to be a quest which nearly any member can start, but which only the most accomplished and willing players can complete.
|“||The cook in Lumbridge has a surprisingly small number of ingredients to hand in his kitchen, possibly as a result of an endless stream of newcomers with light fingers, taking anything that isn't nailed down from his kitchen. Luckily, in the past, a kind Cook's Assistant was willing to help him in his culinary duties, but a problem has now appeared that could spell... a Recipe For Disaster! Almost all members may attempt to solve his tricky predicament, and be rewarded accordingly, but only the very elite of Questers will be able to put an end to his problem permanently!||”|
|Start point||cook in Lumbridge Castle.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. See below|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
It is strongly recommended that you grow a pet kitten before you start the quest, if you don't already have an adult cat. It will take 3 hours for the pet kitten to grow into a cat. If you do this at the start of the quest, it should be fully grown and you can save the Evil Dave sub-quest for last.
Subquests 1 to 9Edit
Another Cook's QuestEdit
The cook is preparing for a party in Lumbridge. He tells you that a hundred years ago, a very important meeting was held in Lumbridge. His ancestor, Franizzard Van Lumbcook, cooked such an amazing banquet for the occasion that he was offered a job as head cook, along with all his descendants, for life. This big, important meeting is held in Lumbridge every ten years and today is the tenth anniversary. As he cannot think of a brilliant dish himself, he intends to use his ancestor's recipe for the feast. However, he needs your help gathering the ingredients again.
The Secret CouncilEdit
After completing Another Cook's Quest, you receive an invitation to the feast. Enter the doors to the dining room to observe the feast, and you will see members of the Lumbridge Secret Council seated at the table. They include:
- A Mountain Dwarf from White Wolf Mountain
- Osman from Al-Kharid
- Gypsy Aris from Varrock (Aris is late to the feast and does not arrive till after the player enters the room)
- General Wartface and General Bentnoze from Goblin Village
- Pirate Pete from Morytania
- Phileas, the Lumbridge Sage
- Evil Dave from Edgeville
- Skrach Uglogwee from the Feldip Hills
- Sir Amik Varze from Falador
- Awowogei from Ape Atoll
- Duke Horacio
As the Duke introduces the rest of the secret council, he is interrupted by the Mysterious Old Man and is teleported to take care of it. Osman will then get taken away by Evil Bob. At this point, you enter the room. A short while later, the Culinaromancer crashes the party and starts to attack everyone at the dining table with magic spells.
Luckily, the Gypsy from Varrock enters the room and casts Tempus Cessit, which freezes everyone in time, except for you and her. She explains that the Culinaromancer was a cook in Lumbridge a hundred years ago and had threatened the secret council with death, only to be thwarted by the Duke's assistant, who managed to trap him in another dimension. This assistant was the cook's ancestor, and was made head cook for life. The current head cook, whom you helped build the feast, apparently created a powerful food-magic, which released the Culinaromancer from his prison. Seeing him, the Gypsy casts the aforementioned spell, so that you both can protect the council from the Culinaromancer's attacks. While she can easily seal the Culinaromancer in a heartbeat, due to the fact you caused the Culinaromancer to awaken she holds you responsible and sends you to save them as the magic is causing a temporal paradox that could destroy the known reality with the magic.
To release each member of the council from the Culinaromancer's spell, you must feed each of them their favourite food. After you give each member their favourite dish, Gypsy teleports them away to safety and tells you how many more council members are left.
You can complete these subquests in any order and start as many of them at a time as you want. Each subquest opens up increased access to the Culinaromancer's Chest, which holds a variety of goods.
Freeing the Council membersEdit
There are nine council members you must save from the Culinaromancer:
Freeing the Goblin Generals
Freeing the Mountain Dwarf
Freeing Evil Dave
Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
Freeing Pirate Pete
Freeing Skrach Uglogwee
Freeing Sir Amik Varze
Freeing King Awowogei
Subquest 10: Defeating the CulinaromancerEditAfter you have freed all the council members, you will see a cutscene, where Gypsy Aris restarts time by saying "Tempus procedit!" The Culinaromancer will then retreat through the portal. Aris then says that you too must go through the portal to finish him off.
|Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer||
||Decent Combat gear|
If you have fully completed all 10 subquests for "Recipe for Disaster", you will have received the following:
- 10 Quest points
- 28,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- 2,500 experience
- 1,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- 2,500 experience
- 1,500 experience
- 1,500 experience
- 4,000 experience
- 10,000 experience
- A 20,000 experience antique lamp for any skill above 50 (can be banked)
- Access to the following areas:
- Ability to dive for crabs
- Ability to own a crab
- Ability to cook crab meat
- Ability to catch Hell-Rats
- Ability to own a hellcat
- Ability to add coloured spices to stews of any sort
- Ability to use the boat trip to travel between Karamja and Feldip Hills
- Ape Atoll Teleport spell
- Full access to Culinaromancer's Chest
- 20 Treasure hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter.
- 20 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter.
Required for completingEdit
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Desert Tasks:
- Chef Surprize - after completing Another Cook's Quest (after the dining room cutscene).
- Chickened Out - during Freeing Sir Amik Varze (the Evil Chicken's Lair).
- Davy Jones' Locker - during Freeing Pirate Pete (the Mogre Camp).
- Mastermindless - during Freeing the Lumbridge Sage (the quiz show).
- Too Many Cooks... - during Freeing the Goblin generals (the Goblin Village basement).
- Developer - Framework: James B
- Developer - Dining room cutscenes: Ash B
- Developer - Mountain Dwarf: Marion C
- Developer - Goblin Generals: Ian G
- Developer - Pirate Pete: Anthony W
- Developer - Lumbridge Sage: Tim C
- Developer - Evil Dave: John A
- Developer - Skrach Uglogwee: Tytn H
- Developer - Sir Amik Varze Greg V
- Developer - King Awowogei Chihiro Y, Liam P, Dylan C
- Developer - New cat chats: Mark O
- QuestHelp: Rob M, Gillan M, Stephen R, Dave O
- Graphics: John S, Steve R, Damian C, Tom W, Paul B, Nick F, Joe R, Dan B, Matt M, James W
- QA: Martin I, Francis B
- Audio: Ian T
- In the first cutscene, Duke Horacio and Osman appear to have a random event featuring the Mysterious Old Man. After Duke Horacio is abducted, the Dwarf Guard says to Osman "something has to be done about that old man". Furthermore, once Osman has also been abducted, the Dwarf comments on the rarity of witnessing two random events in a matter of seconds.
- A visual glitch has appeared on Osman of Al Kharid, his appearance is stretched and glitched.
- When informed by Gypsy Aris that the universe could be destroyed, your player exclaims, Not the whole universe! That's where I keep my stuff! This is a reference to the animated comedy series Futurama. The original quote came from the cartoon series "The Tick". Interviewer: Well, can you... blow up the world? Tick: Egad. I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff.
- The quest point requirement used to be only 175. It was increased to 176 after the Unstable Foundations tutorial update, which gave an extra quest point upon completion.
- The cook, after telling you about defeating the Culinaromancer, says, "Did you ever know that you're my hero?" This is a reference to Bette Midler's "Wind beneath my Wings".
- When you attempt to release Pirate Pete, the gypsy exclaims "Wait a moment, my gypsy-sense is tingling..." This is a reference to Spiderman.
- When asking the Lumbridge Cook for help on a section of the quest you didn't start yet, the gypsy will stop you, saying that it will cause a time paradox if you don't talk to her about it first.
- The first subquest is called 'Another Cook's Quest' on the "Quest-Complete Scroll", but is called 'Starting Out' in the Adventurer's Log.
- After you have freed the last member of the council, Gypsy Aris releases her spell, allowing the Culinaromancer to escape, but not before saying "But you cannot defeat me! I'LL BE BACK!" This is a reference to The Terminator.
Recipe for Disaster