|Release||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||9 coins|
|Low alch||6 coins|
|Exchange||84 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
Raw herring is a fish that can be caught by a player at level 10 Fishing. Players must use a normal fishing rod at any net/bait fishing spot in RuneScape. Catching raw herring gives 30 Fishing experience. Bait must be in a players inventory, with one being used for every fish caught. Cooking a raw herring is one of the tasks for Lumbridge/Draynor.
Assuming no burning, each raw herring cooked would yield a profit/loss of -73 coins.
|Fishing XP||30 XP|
|Tool XP||3.54 XP|
There are 12 fishing locations for Herring:
- Draynor Village: To the south of Draynor Village's bank
- Thurgo's Peninsula: South of Port Sarim, dotting the western shore of the peninsula, located behind the church and near Thurgo's shack
- Karamja: North-west Karamja (members)
- Lumbridge Swamp: At the east side of the swamp
- Al Kharid: South-west of Al-Kharid Bank
- Wilderness Bandit Camp: The small pond
- Catherby beach: On the beach, south-east of the bank. (members)
- Entrana: Platform to the south-east. (members)
- Feldip Hills: West of the hunter area (members)
- Barbarian Outpost: On the west of the peninsula (members)
- Fishing Platform: Various spots (members)
- Rellekka: the port just north from Peer the Seer, north-west from fishing stall
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||77; 78||4||Common|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||78; 79||3||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||94.5%|
- A Monty Python reference is revealed if players use a herring (cooked or raw) with any tree in RuneScape except the one outside the Draynor Village bank, in which the security guard is hiding. The text will say "This is not the mightiest tree in the forest", in reference to one of the lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If used with the Grand Tree, the text replies "It can't be done!" in reference to another line in the movie.