|Release||14 July 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Exchange||28 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this. Used in Cooking (1).|
Raw crayfish were introduced with the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks on 14 July 2008. Level 1 Fishing is required to catch a Raw crayfish, as well as a Crayfish cage, which can be obtained from the Lumbridge or Port Sarim fishing shop. Successfully catching a crayfish rewards 10 Fishing experience. This is good experience for free players, and is helpful because crayfish are caught very fast, much faster than shrimp and other low-level fish. They also can be cooked on the Lumbridge range after cook's assistant. But the rate of catching them appears to decrease when levelling up, instead catching less of them than the other types of fish.
With a Divination level of at least 16, 3 raw crayfish may be transmuted into 1 raw trout. This costs 2 flickering energy and yields 3.6 Divination experience. Twenty raw crayfish and five Pale energy can be used to make a Divine crayfish bubble
Assuming no burning, each raw crayfish cooked would yield a profit/loss of -14 coins. This is fairly unimportant, however, as it is most effective for new players to fish and cook their own crayfish.
|Fishing XP||10 XP|
|Tool XP||1.18 XP|
There are three fishing locations for Crayfish.
- Immediately East of the Lumbridge church, by the River Lum
- At the lake in northern Taverley, near Nicholas Angle
- West of the log balance to the Fremennik Province (m)
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Lumbridge Fishing Supplies||5||Coins||0||No|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- The image of this fish has changed repeatedly. Between September–October 2009, they changed twice. It started as three small crayfish, was changed to a single small crayfish for about three weeks, then changed to a large one, similar to an upside-down lobster. The detailed icon of three small crayfish is used in the GE Database.