|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||15 coins|
|Low Alch||10 coins|
|Store price|| 49 coins|
|Exchange price||35 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
This article is about raw cod. For the cooked version, see Cod.
Raw cod is a members-only fish. It can be caught with a big net at any Net/Harpoon fishing spot. It requires a fishing level of 23 to catch and grants 45 fishing experience per catch. It can be cooked into cod with level 18 cooking. The most common spot to fish cod is Catherby.
There are 7 fishing locations for cod:
- Catherby beach: A popular spot that's close to a bank.
- Fishing Guild: The closest spot to a bank, with a fishing shop in the area as well as a spawn of a harpoon and a big net. It is usually recommended because it is close to the bank and there are a lot of fishing spots.
- Rellekka: This location isn't very useful. If players wield Fremennik Sea Boots 1 or above, they will be able to deposit their catches by using Peer the Seer, who is located by the maze room south of the Fremennik market.
- Burgh de Rott: Requires In Aid of the Myreque. There is a bank in Burgh de Rott not too far from these spots. This area is notable for its especially high density of Net/Harpoon spots—there are a lot of them very close together, so not a lot of running around is needed to get from one spot to another.
- Isafdar: Requires Regicide. As with the Net/Bait spots here, this area is too far from a bank to be practical.
- Jatizso: Requires The Fremennik Isles. Just like the Cage/Harpoon spots, the Net/Harpoon spots here are very close to a bank and excellent for players who do not like a lot of company when they fish.
- Feldip Hills: There are aggressive enemies nearby, but fishing here is not as inconvenient as it used to be. There is a bank at Mobilising Armies which is not too far.
- Ape Atoll: Requires Monkey Madness. There is a fishing spot located near the agility course and another on the south-west side of the island. There's no bank on the whole island, and players can only fish when they are in human form, which means the monsters on the island will become aggressive. Because of this, it is not an effective place to fish.
- Fish Flingers: You can catch raw cod in the Fish Flingers Distraction and Diversion. However, you cannot keep your catch.
Crayfish (raw) • Shrimps (raw) • Karambwanji (raw) • Sardine (raw) • Herring (raw) Anchovies (raw) • Mackerel (raw) • Trout (raw) • Cod (raw) • Pike (raw) Cooked slimy eel (raw) • Salmon (raw) • Tuna (raw) • Rainbow fish (raw) • Cave eel (raw) • Lobster (raw) • Bass (raw) • Swordfish (raw) • Monkfish (raw) • Shark (raw) Cavefish (raw) • Rocktail (raw)
Heim crab (raw) • Red-eye (raw) • Dusk eel (raw) • Giant flatfish (raw) • Short-finned eel (raw) • Web snipper (raw) • Bouldabass (raw) • Salve eel (raw) • Blue crab (raw) • Cave moray (raw) • Vile fish (raw)