|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||20 coins|
|Low alch||13 coins|
|Exchange||177 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this. Used in Cooking (18).|
Raw cod is a members-only fish. It can be caught with a big net at any Net/Harpoon fishing spot. It requires level 23 Fishing to catch and grants 45 Fishing experience per catch. It can be cooked into cod with level 18 Cooking. The most common spot to fish cod is Catherby.
Raw cod is used for the Freeing Pirate Pete section of the Recipe for Disaster quest, in which it could be ground into ground cod, awarding 1 Cooking experience. Raw cod is also needed during the Cold War quest to bribe a penguin (unless the ring of charos is used).
|Tool||Big fishing net|
|Fishing XP||45 XP|
|Tool XP||5.31 XP|
There are 8 fishing locations for cod:
- Catherby beach: A popular spot that's close to a bank.
- Fishing Guild: The closest spot to a bank, with a fishing shop in the area as well as a spawn of a harpoon and a big net. It is usually recommended because it is close to the bank and there are a lot of fishing spots.
- Rellekka: This location isn't very useful. If players wield Fremennik sea boots 1 or above, they will be able to deposit their catches by using Peer the Seer, who is located by the maze room south of the Fremennik market.
- Burgh de Rott: Requires In Aid of the Myreque. There is a bank in Burgh de Rott not too far from these spots. This area is notable for its especially high density of Net/Harpoon spots—there are a lot of them very close together, so not a lot of running around is needed to get from one spot to another.
- Isafdar: Requires Regicide. As with the Net/Bait spots here, this area is too far from a bank to be practical.
- Jatizso: Requires The Fremennik Isles. Just like the Cage/Harpoon spots, the Net/Harpoon spots here are very close to a bank and excellent for players who do not like a lot of company when they fish.
- Feldip Hills: There are aggressive enemies nearby, but fishing here is not as inconvenient as it used to be. There is a bank at Mobilising Armies which is not too far.
- Ape Atoll: Requires Monkey Madness. There is a fishing spot located near the agility course and another on the south-west side of the island. There's no bank on the whole island, and players can only fish when they are in human form, which means the monsters on the island will become aggressive. Because of this, it is not an effective place to fish.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|'Two Feet' Charley's Fish Shop||34||Coins||10||Yes|
|Fishing Guild Shop||34||Coins||0||Yes|
|Harry's Fishing Shop||34||Coins||0||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||80.2%|