- 100% drop - Most creatures have what is called a '100% drop', which they will drop every time they are defeated (for example bones or demonic ashes).
- Main drop - This will be an item drawn from a creature's drop table based upon a random 'roll' (imagine a dice roll or roulette wheel).
- Second drop - Some creatures also have a second drop. The only second drops in the game consist of items such as charms used in Summoning, the Draconic visage from various Dragons, as well as starved ancient effigies and clue scrolls.
- Quest drops - in some instances, a creature will drop a quest-specific item (e.g. the unique bones required for the Rag and Bone Man or Fur 'n' Seek quests).
- Drop table - This is a list of all items that a creature could possibly drop. The percentage chance of receiving each item varies, often depending upon the item's relative value.
- Rare drop table - Occasionally, a creature can give access to a set of drop tables that hold more valuable items. To receive items from these drop tables, you must first "roll" to land on the Gem Table or Rare Table.
- Gem Table - This is the table accessed by all monsters that can access the rare drop table.
- Rare Table - This is the second table on the rare drop table, reached by rolling onto it from the Gem Table. Higher level monsters, above combat level 80 and Slayer level 50, can access it directly, without rolling the Gem Table first.
- Super Table - This is the third and rarest table on the rare drop table, reached by rolling from the Rare Table.
How the rare drop table worksEdit
When a creature is killed, the item(s) it drops are chosen from a list of possible drops, which is different for each creature. This drop is chosen at random, via a sort of "roll of the dice". Some items (usually the less valuable ones) are more likely to be dropped than others.
For the monsters that give access to the rare drop table, one of the "items" on the list of standard drops is actually a trigger that gives a second "roll" on another list of items: the rare drop table.
The rare drop table is actually a set of three tables, referred to as the Gem Table, the Rare Table, and the Super Table. When a player kills a creature and accesses the rare drop table, the "dice" are thrown onto the Gem Table. The player may get an uncut gem, a half of a key, and other select items, or they may roll onto the Rare Table. The Rare Table has more valuable items such as rune equipment or a dragon dagger, and a small chance to roll onto the third table, the Super Table. This is the rarest table and offers the most valuable items such as magic tree seeds or a dragon spear. For all tables, the less valuable items are more likely to be chosen than the expensive ones.
Note that not all valuable items are on the rare drop table. Some rare items that can only be dropped by a specific monster are simply on that monster's standard drop table. For example, a draconic visage is only attainable by killing dragons, so it cannot be on the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth has no influence on the rare drop table, although it will improve the odds of receiving a better gem should a player roll one. Wearing the ring is also required to obtain a Vecna skull.
Items on the rare drop tableEdit
The following is a list of items on the rare drop table. Note that due to the nature of the way the rare drop table is accessed, it can't be determined for sure what items are on the rare drop table. Wearing a ring of wealth will increase the chance of getting better gems from the rare drop table.
This is the first level of the tables, containing the least valuable rewards. Lower-level monsters, those that are under 80 combat and 50 Slayer, can only access the Gem Table directly.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 200–350 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,129 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,080 Tooth half of a key 1 Common 30,725 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,802 Rune javelin 5 Common 890 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 3,015 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 4,992 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 372 Rare table N/A Uncommon Not sold
The rare table is the second level of the rare drop table, containing drops of intermediate value. Monsters of 80+ combat and 50+ Slayer can access this table directly.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Tooth half of a key 1 Common 30,725 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,802 Uncut diamond 2 Common 9,984 Dragon dagger 1 Common 16,560 Super table N/A Uncommon Not sold Rune bar 1 Uncommon 14,228 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 31,952 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,169 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,048 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,260 Law rune 45 Rare 18,855 Death rune 45 Rare 15,660 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Silver ore 100 Rare 9,200 Adamant bolts 200 Rare 12,200 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 21,360–28,480 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 9,399 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,946
The super table is the last of the three tables that make up the rare drop table. It can only be accessed via the rare table, and contains the most valuable drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 7,500–12,500 Common Not sold Tooth half of a key 1 Common 30,725 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,802 Watermelon seed 3 Common 7,323 Court summons 1 Common Not sold Clean torstol 16–34 Uncommon 94,528–200,872 Magic seed 3–7 Uncommon 485,586–1,133,034 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Onyx bolts 150 Uncommon 1,258,500 Coal 550–700 Uncommon 145,200–184,800 Runite ore 100 Uncommon 1,075,400 Yew logs 450–550 Uncommon 162,450–198,550 Rune bar 50 Uncommon 711,400 Fire talisman 25–35 Uncommon 64,750–90,650 Raw shark 250 Uncommon 288,500 Raw swordfish 150–250 Uncommon 65,700–109,500 Adamantite ore 150–250 Uncommon 197,700–329,500 Clean toadflax 35–45 Uncommon 118,195–151,965 Clean snapdragon 30–35 Uncommon 115,740–135,030 Palm tree seed 10 Uncommon 1,595,420 Big bones 150–180 Uncommon 76,800–92,160 Battlestaff 200 Uncommon 1,574,200 Earth talisman 25–35 Uncommon 67,475–94,465 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 16,965 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 1,349 Soul rune 20 Uncommon 3,980 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 24,600 Death rune 50 Uncommon 17,400 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,487 Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Vecna skull 1 [v 1]Very rare 94,419 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,953 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,309
Monsters that give access to the rare drop tableEdit
The following is a list of some monsters that drop many of the items found on the rare drop table. This list is very likely to be incomplete.