- 100% drop - Most creatures have what is called a '100% drop', which they will drop every time they are defeated (for example bones or Demonic ashes).
- Main drop - This will be an item drawn from a creature's drop table based upon a random 'roll' (imagine a dice roll or roulette wheel).
- Second drop - Some creatures also have a second drop. The only second drops in the game consist of items such as charms used in Summoning, the Draconic visage from various Dragons, as well as starved ancient effigies and clue scrolls.
- Quest drops - in some instances, a creature will drop a quest-specific item (e.g. the unique bones required for the Rag and Bone Man or Fur 'n' Seek quests).
- Drop table - This is a list of all items that a creature could possibly drop. The percentage chance of receiving each item varies, often depending upon the item's relative value.
- Rare drop table - Occasionally, a creature can give access to a set of drop tables that hold more valuable items. To receive items from these drop tables, you must first "roll" to land on the Gem Table or Rare Table.
- Gem Table - This is the table accessed by all monsters that can access the rare drop table.
- Rare Table - This is the second table on the rare drop table, reached by rolling onto it from the Gem Table. Higher level monsters, above combat level 80 and Slayer level 50, can access it directly, without rolling the Gem Table first.
- Super Table - This is the third and rarest table on the rare drop table, reached by rolling from the Rare Table.
How the rare drop table worksEdit
When a creature is killed, the item(s) it drops are chosen from a list of possible drops, which is different for each creature. This drop is chosen at random, via a sort of "roll of the dice". Some items (usually the less valuable ones) are more likely to be dropped than others.
For the monsters that give access to the rare drop table, one of the "items" on the list of standard drops is actually a trigger that gives a second "roll" on another list of items: the rare drop table.
The rare drop table is actually a set of three tables, referred to as the Gem Table, the Rare Table, and the Super Table. When a player kills a creature and accesses the rare drop table, the "dice" are thrown onto the Gem Table. The player may get an uncut gem, a half of a key, and other select items, or they may roll onto the Rare Table. The Rare Table has more valuable items such as rune equipment or a dragon dagger, and a small chance to roll onto the third table, the Super Table. This is the rarest table and offers the most valuable items such as magic tree seeds or a dragon spear. For all tables, the less valuable items are more likely to be chosen than the expensive ones.
Note that not all valuable items are on the rare drop table. Some rare items that can only be dropped by a specific monster are simply on that monster's standard drop table. For example, a draconic visage is only attainable by killing dragons, so it cannot be on the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth has no influence on the rare drop table, although it will improve the odds of receiving a better gem should a player roll one. Wearing the ring is also required to obtain a Vecna skull.
Items on the rare drop tableEdit
The following is a list of items on the rare drop table. Note that due to the nature of the way the rare drop table is accessed, it can't be determined for sure what items are on the rare drop table. Wearing a ring of wealth will increase the chance of getting better gems from the rare drop table.
This is the first level of the tables, containing the least valuable rewards. Lower-level monsters, those that are under 80 combat and 50 Slayer, can only access the Gem Table directly.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,332 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,723 Tooth half of a key 1 Common 62,304 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,850 Rune javelin 5 Common 885 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 3,596 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,964 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 375 Rare table N/A Uncommon Not sold
The rare table is the second level of the rare drop table, containing drops of intermediate value. Monsters of 80+ combat and 50+ Slayer can access this table directly.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 31,551 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,359 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 10,486 Uncut diamond 2 Common 11,928 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,997 Tooth half of a key 1 Common 62,304 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,850 Rune bar 1 Uncommon 13,926 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,523 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,112 Law rune 45 Rare 21,735 Death rune 45 Rare 9,675 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,800 Silver ore 100 Rare 9,000 Adamant bolts 200 Rare 19,000 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,400–23,200 Dragon dagger 1 Common 16,343 Super table N/A Uncommon Not sold
The super table is the last of the three tables that make up the rare drop table. It can only be accessed via the rare table, and contains the most valuable drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 7,500–12,500 Common Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,022 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,048 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,486 Court summons 1 Common Not sold Clean torstol 16–34 Uncommon 137,888–293,012 Magic seed 3–7 Uncommon 437,418–1,020,642 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 Uncommon 16,000–24,000 Onyx bolts 150 Uncommon 1,258,200 Coal 550–700 Uncommon 135,850–172,900 Runite ore 100 Uncommon 1,049,100 Yew logs 450–550 Uncommon 177,750–217,250 Vecna skull 1 [v 1]Very rare 102,171 Rune bar 50 Uncommon 696,300 Fire talisman 25–35 Uncommon 111,675–156,345 Raw shark 250 Uncommon 387,500 Raw swordfish 150–250 Uncommon 59,250–98,750 Adamantite ore 150–250 Uncommon 346,800–578,000 Clean toadflax 35–45 Uncommon 151,795–195,165 Clean snapdragon 30–35 Uncommon 148,200–172,900 Palm tree seed 10 Uncommon 1,152,270 Big bones 150–180 Uncommon 98,700–118,440 Battlestaff 200 Uncommon 1,564,200 Earth talisman 25–35 Uncommon 118,125–165,375 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 39,030 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 2,172 Soul rune 20 Uncommon 4,860 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 16,350 Death rune 50 Uncommon 10,750 Tooth half of a key 1 Common 62,304 Loop half of a key 1 Common 27,850 Watermelon seed 3 Common 8,547 Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Rare Not sold
Monsters that give access to the rare drop tableEdit
The following is a list of some monsters that drop many of the items found on the rare drop table. This list is very likely to be incomplete.