For other uses, see Quests (disambiguation).
Quests are groups of interrelated tasks that can take anywhere from five minutes to a few hours or even a few days to complete. The start locations of quests are labeled with a blue star icon () on your Minimap. Once completed you can be rewarded with various xp for skills or unlocks places which are only accessible once certain quests are completed.
As of 7 August 2012, there are a total of 184 quests with 19 free and 165 members-only quests, offering a total of 334 quest points. Free players can only obtain up to 43 quest points. The last quest added to the free version of RuneScape was Gunnar's Ground, which replaced Romeo and Juliet, and the last quest added to member's version of RuneScape was Some Like It Cold.
The 50th quest, Legends' Quest was released on 20 August 2003, which was prior to the RuneScape 2 release. The 100th quest, Recipe for Disaster, is actually 10 quests in one with 8 subquests ranging from easy to very hard. The 150th quest, The Chosen Commander, was released on 17 March 2009.
List of Quests & Quest Walkthroughs
Many quests are part of a series of quests which share a common plot-line.
Usually, progress is made in the series in a linear fashion, with each quest requiring the previous one in a sequence. There are exceptions to this linear progression, however, when a quest is involved in multiple plot-lines.
The majority of quest series are rooted in a specific area, and their completion is often needed to access more of that area or specific features within it. For example, West Ardougne as a whole is inaccessible unless at least some progress is made in the Plague quest series.
A complete list of quest series can be found here.
Completing a quest results in rewards.
Ongoing quest rewards
|Quest||Reward||How to Receive|
|Prince Ali Rescue||A free pass through the Al Kharid main gate. This waives the standard 10 coins fee.||Speak to the guard.|
|Hand in the Sand||84 buckets of sand delivered to the player's bank.||Speak to Bert once a day.|
|Tears of Guthix||Access to a distraction and diversion for experience in the lowest skill weekly.||Speak to Juna.|
|Throne of Miscellania||Access to Miscellania's resources through Managing Miscellania.||Speak to Advisor Ghrim.|
|Royal Trouble||5 extra workers in Managing Miscellania and an allowance-per-day boost.||Speak to Advisor Ghrim.|
|Back to my Roots||Access to a jade vine seed which can be planted for 1,500 Farming experience and slain for 2,500 Slayer experience every 15 hours.||Plant and check the health of a jade vine, and slay wild jade vine.|
|All Fired Up||Access to pieces of equipment that facilitate Firemaking training.||Light 6, 10, or 14 beacons in All Fired Up activity|
|Cold War||Some penguins are worth two points in the Penguin Hide and Seek Distraction and Diversion.||Speak to Larry in Ardougne zoo or Chuck the Polar Bear if Larry isn't there. (Larry is taken off during the quest and may not be available)|
|What Lies Below||Access to Bork who can be killed daily for charms and Slayer experience.||Travel through the Chaos Tunnels.|
|In Pyre Need||Access to a daily distraction and diversion, Phoenix Lair, which grants 5 Phoenix Quills, 1,000 Crafting experience, 7,500 Firemaking experience, 3,000 Fletching experience and 500 Slayer experience.||Go to the Phoenix lair.|
|The Hunt for Red Raktuber||Access to a bonus point for finding a polar bear spy in the Penguin Hide and Seek distraction and diversion.||Talk to Chuck the Polar Bear in the Ardougne zoo.|
|Fur 'n' Seek||Access to a weekly slaying of the Skeletal horror for a reward of 1,250 Slayer and 1,000 Prayer Experience. (First time it is slain you receive 10,000 Slayer and 7,000 Prayer Experience.)||Complete the Odd Old Man's second wish list.|
|Garden of Tranquility||Go to the garden you made during the quest and pick the fruit of the white tree.|
|Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen||Access to the Fairy Ring transportation method, while wielding a Dramen or Lunar staff (neither of the two listed items are needed for transportation after the completion of Fairytale III - Battle at Orks Rift )|
to complete every quest
may be used in some quests
The quests requiring the highest skill levels are:
* Completion of the Fur 'n' Seek wishlist requires 78 slayer.
** While the highest combat level required to complete a quest is 85, the minimum possible level to get a quest cape at is 105.
- Although 65 is the highest Farming requirement, if boosting from 62, Branches of Darkmeyer requires level 63.
Individual quest skill requirements
Quest Cape of Accomplishment
Players who have the maximum number of quest points are able to wear the Quest Point Cape, a Cape of Accomplishment which can be bought from the Wise Old Man for 99,000 coins. However, whenever a new quest is available, the cape and hood will automatically be unequipped and cannot be worn again until a player completes the new quest.
If the inventory is full upon release of a new quest, the cape and hood will be sent to the bank. If the bank is also full, the Wise Old Man will hold onto it and will return it free of charge.
If multiple sets are obtained through various methods, the Wise Old Man will only return one set if both your inventory and bank are full and the set is worn and unequipped(ON) twice. In other words, if the Wise Old Man has a set and you do not claim it and get another set unequipped and sent to the Wise Old Man, only one set will be reclaimable.
The cape however, does not count towards trimming Capes of Accomplishment.
All quests that have a "Quest overview" window also have a unique quest icon. These are currently limited to:
- All quests and holiday events released since 15 March 2010 (The Blood Pact onwards)
- The few old quests that were converted to the new quest format on 15 December 2009 (Cook's Assistant, Ernest the Chicken, Rune Mysteries, The Restless Ghost and the now discontinued Sheep Shearer quest)
- The two quests made free-to-play on 24 June 2010 to replace the removed ones (Myths of the White Lands and Swept Away).
These icons are displayed both in the quest overview window, and as small boxes next to quest-specific NPCs and objects. It is unknown whether all quests will eventually be renovated to have this property.
- List of quest series
- QuestHelp (discontinued) Jagex's official program, which helps out when stuck in a quest.
- List of quest release dates with release dates in reverse chronological order; includes RS update.
- List of recent music with names of songs released with quests and other updates
- Tears of Guthix - A Distraction and Diversion greatly influenced by quest points.
- The Champions' Guild
- The Heroes' Guild
- The Legends' Guild - This is the (in some people's eyes), highest level guild in RuneScape, due to the various skills and quests needed for entry.
- Quest Experience Rewards - This is a list which shows which quests give experience points in specific skills. It also states the amount of experience given, and is listed by skill.
- Quest Music Rewards - This is a list which shows the amount of music unlocked during the quest.
- Quest List - The page that describes the in-game interface and its sorting features.
- Adventurer's Log/Quest complete - The list of Adventurer's Log messages that come after the completion of quests.