|Queen of Snow only appears during certain holiday or seasonal events and may not be currently found in-game.|
|Release date||18 December 2007 (Update)|
|Removal date||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?|| 2007 Christmas event |
2008 Christmas event
2009 Christmas event
2011 Easter event
|Location||Land of Snow, Land of Holly and Hawthorn|
|Examine|| Her lack of body heat is unsettling.|
|Notable features||Queen of the Land of Snow|
Lumi, Queen of Snow, who is sometimes referred to as Snowie, is an NPC who featured as part of the 2007 Christmas event, 2008 Christmas event, 2009 Christmas event and the 2011 Easter event. According to the 2011 Easter Event, she can only perceive winter, and she thinks that when the snow melts "The world is all full of nothing". She is the wife to Nick (also known as Santa Claus) and mother to Jack Frost. The Queen of Snow is also one of the few NPCs that free players can meet who worships the god Guthix. When she says expressions or quotes she sometimes mentions Guthix.
2007 Christmas eventEdit
She first appears in the 2007 Christmas Event, welcoming the player to the Land of Snow, explaining it and her race's history, and how she has been neglecting the tradition of bringing snowfall to Gielinor in recent years.
2008 Christmas eventEdit
She appears again at the 2008 Christmas event to save her husband Santa Claus, who was frozen by their son, Jack Frost. Jack tries to freeze all of Gielinor, leaving ice patches in Asgarnia and Misthalin. She was graphically updated in a similar fashion to Human NPCS after the HD Update.
2009 Christmas eventEdit
2011 Easter eventEdit
The Queen of snow serves as the opponent to the Queen of Sunrise in the quests Holly and Hawthorn and attempts to keep winter going as long as possible by hiding the True year. The player can make her give the year back by carving a statue in an ice block to help ease her transition to the Spring. Once again, she received another graphical update. This time, making her look far more powerful and regal. During this event, she also revealed that she could exist in two places at once as she is the embodiment of a season.
2007 Christmas EventEdit
Snow Queen: Happy Christmas, noble visitor. Welcome to the Land of Snow. I have a gift for you, if you would like it.
- Player:Ooh, a present?
- SQ:It is a snow globe: a tiny model of your Lumbridge Castle enchanted with a little of this land's magical snow.
- The Queen of Snow hands you a snow globe.
- SQ:If you lost it, I have given Diango of Draynor Village a supply of spares.
- P:Happy Christmas, Your Majesty.
- SQ:And a Happy New Year to you.
- P:Why have you sent snow to RuneScape?
- SQ:A snowy Christmas is a tradition that I have sadly neglected in recent years; what is Christmas without the hope of snow? There can be no hope of snow if snow never comes.
- P:What is the Land of Snow?
- SQ:The Land of Snow was created aeons ago by Guthix, as part of his balancing of the world. The coldness of this place counteracts the heat of the great deserts and volcanoes of others; ensuring the correct balance of hot and cold.
- P:What is the snow globe for?
- SQ:Nothing, besides your idle amusement. It is imbued with a little of the snow imps' magic. When you shake it, it will call some snow to you from the Land of Snow.
- P:I want to go back to RuneScape.
- SQ:Very well. You may return here during Christmas-time, when the Land of Snow is close to RuneScape. Just speak to a snowman or snow imp.
- P:What is this place?
- SQ:This is the Land of Snow. It was created by Guthix as part of his balancing of the world. The coldness of this place counteracts the heat of the great deserts.
- The name Lumi means 'snow' in Estonian and Finnish.
- Some views of the Snow Queen's eyes seem to be almost a spoiler for the Loyalty Programme Special Effects, as her eyes seem to be identical to that of a player using the divine gaze effect.
Rulers and Monarchs
Queen Ellamaria Remanis • King Roald Remanis III (current king of Varrock) • Tarquin Marjoribanks • King Claudius • King Botolph Remanis • King Roald Remanis I • King Roald Remanis II • The Five Princes of Misthalin
|Miscellania and Etceteria|
|Ape Atoll and Karamja|
|Land of Snow|
King Alvis • King Veldaban • Hreidmar • King rat • Sea Troll Queen • Queen Black Dragon • King Black Dragon • Spider Queen • The Pescallion • Walrus • Pest Queen • Queen of Sunrise • Fairy Queen • Penance Queen • Frog Prince • Frog princess • Flora • King Arthur • The Queen