Proselyte armour can be obtained after completing the Slug Menace quest from Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador. The quest is a requirement for wearing the set, along with 30 Defence and 20 Prayer. It has the same stats as its adamant armour counterpart (except for the Prayer bonus).
The armour consists of only three pieces of plate armour, offering either legs (cuisse) or a skirt (tasset). Proselyte armour, when combined with White gloves, White boots or Bandos boots, Illuminated god books, Explorer's ring, Amulet of Glory and Completionist cape, will give the highest Prayer bonus amongst melee armour. This is due to the fact that a set of full Verac's armour (+18) gives a higher Prayer bonus in total, but includes a two-handed weapon. Akrisae's armour (+24) is also higher, and has a Prayer regenerate effect similar to Guthans Lifepoints regeneration.
Proselyte armour is also a popular substitute for more expensive armour as it provides reasonably good Defence bonuses and offers a notable Prayer bonus.
|Item||Sir Tiffy||Grand Exchange|
|Proselyte sallet||8,000||4,364 coins (update)|
|Proselyte hauberk||12,000||6,656 coins (update)|
|Proselyte cuisse||10,000||5,518 coins (update)|
|Proselyte tasset||10,000||5,658 coins (update)|
| Pros'yte harness m|
(Full set with cuisse)
|25,000||26,462 coins (update)|
| Pros'yte harness f|
(Full set with tasset)
|25,000||25,807 coins (update)|
Note: In the game (and the GE), "Proselyte" in the name of the harnesses (sets) is abbreviated to "Pros'yte".
Combined, the full set has the following statistics:
|Mainhand Info||Offhand Info||Attributes||Critical bonuses|
|File:P sallet.png||Proselyte sallet||0||0||0||-6||-2||+19||+21||+16||-1||+19||+6||0||0||+4||0||1%||0%||2%|
- When Proselyte armour first came out, Jagex made the mistake of making it a free-to-play item. Free players could obtain Proselyte armour from another player through trade, but not wear it.
- Upon being graphically updated, the armour glitched when a player Rested. It will also glitch when certain emotes are performed.
- When examining a green-plumed white knight, it is described as a white knight acolyte. This implies there is a rank above Proselyte, and if a yellow-plumed knight is examined, it is described as a proselyte. A blue-plumed knight is described as a white knight partisan, which is presumably the highest rank. Sir Tiffy further supports the idea of higher ranks by saying that he can only sell a player up to Proselyte armour upon completion of The Slug Menace.
- Unlike most melee armours with the typical 'metallic' model, wearing Proselyte armour has no effect on the arrow-gathering ability of Ava's Attractor, suggesting that it may not be made out of metal.
- The in-game Prayer guide includes 'Proselyte plateskirt' instead of 'Proselyte tasset', but for the Defence skill guide it says 'Proselyte tasset'. The RuneScape Grand Exchange guide on the website also says 'Proselyte tasset', not 'Proselyte plateskirt'.
- Various pieces of this set are used in certain situations that require prayer for prolonged periods of time.
- Interestingly, the set does not have a corresponding shield (just like the Initiate armour set); the Falador shields are often used to make up for this.
- The biblical term Proselyte refers to a convert from Paganism to Judaism in the New Testament.
- If one equips a shield with the Proselyte armour, the armour appears to be brighter than without one.
Temple Knight Armour
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus