|Release||9 August 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Exchange||6,169 coins (info)|
|Examine||A giant mosquito's proboscis: aerodynamic, sharp and pointy!|
A Proboscis (plural proboscises or proboscides) is an item that members can use (along with a spirit shard, a gold charm, and an empty pouch) to make Spirit mosquito pouches as part of the Summoning skill. These pouches are used to summon Spirit mosquitos, which require level 17 Summoning.
Players can obtain proboscides from Mosquito Swarms, which drop a varying number of them during the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame. The number proboscises dropped is the same as the number of mosquitoes in the swarm. They are also obtainable in batches of twelve from the "Gamble" Soul Wars reward, a random loot reward from a Box of summoning ingredients received as a choice after the Familiarisation Distraction and Diversion, or as loot when opening spirit impling jars.
This is one of the few stackable tertiary ingredients in Summoning. You could theoretically get from level 17 to 99 in a single trip to the obelisk with enough shards, charms, pouches, and proboscises by making Spirit mosquito pouches, converting them to Pester scrolls, and repeating. It would take 280,244 proboscis and the needed shards, charms and pouches to achieve this. Players completing Fairytale I - Growing Pains may need this item as a randomly selected item that they must take to the Nature Spirit to make the magic secateurs.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Mosquito swarm||92; 95||1–5||Always|
- Proboscises used to have a different examine: "A giant mosquito's proboscis: aerodynamic, sharp and not very useful!" It was changed to what it is after the release the Summoning 2 update, along with the Spirit mosquito familiar.
- Collecting proboscis may be a way of making money. Since they stack it doesn't take much space and it also is dropped in groups of 1, 3, 5 depending on the level of the mosquito, seeing as the price of proboscis is reasonably high and also sells reasonably quick.