Setting Up Edit
All of the items needed in this quest can be bought at the Grand Exchange. If you prefer gathering these items yourself, they can be obtained quite cheaply or without spending any money at all.
If you intend to gather these items yourself, you will need:
- Pickaxe for mining
- Hatchet and tinderbox to light a fire
- Shears to get some wool from sheep (can purchased from any General store, if you don't have any)
- Gold coins for the Al-Kharid toll pass and to purchase items that can only be obtained from NPC stores or the Grand Exchange
- You can pick up ashes from fires lit by other players in front of Varrock Bank. If you can't find any, just cut a tree, light the log and then wait for it to burn out and pick up the ashes.
- Buy 3-4 beers (2 coins each) at the Blue Moon Inn. Then leave by the south city exit.
- At the south-east Varrock mining site, you can mine one tin ore and one copper ore to make the bronze bar.
- Pick redberries from the nearby bushes (or can also be bought from Beefy Bill's).
- Go to the sheep pen just to the south of Varrock and shear seven sheep with shears to get wool. Then you need to spin them to make balls of wool.
- Walk south towards Lumbridge. Cross the north bridge to the forge and smelt a bronze bar on the furnace, or use the Al-Kharid forge if you want.
- Go to Lumbridge Castle and spin the wool into balls, using the spinning wheel on the first floor of the castle.
- Grab a bucket from the basement and fill it with water. Wet the clay with it, then fill the bucket again.
- Follow the road north out of Lumbridge, and go to Farmer Fred's house. Behind his house, is a garden with 12 onions planted. Pick two.
At this point, you should now be carrying:
- 7 balls of wool (from shearing sheep and spinning the wool)
- Ashes (make or find a fire)
- Bronze bar (mine tin and copper, and smelt them)
- 1 Soft clay (use clay on a water source)
- 2 Onions
- 1 Redberries (found south of Varrock, north of Lumbridge's windmill by Gnomecopters, bought from Port Sarim Food Shop, or Beefy Bill's north of Lumbridge)
- 3 beers (normal beer found in Morgan's house, or buy from Blue Moon Inn, or get it free at the Barbarian Village)
- Pink skirt (from Varrock's clothes shop)
- A bucket of water
- Coins (to make the dye and for the pass)