|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the most pious of heroes.|
The Prayer cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Prayer skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Prayer hood from Brother Jered at the Edgeville Monastery by players who have achieved level 99 Prayer. Prayer capes are white in colour, and have a yellow-gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. The "operate cape" boost will have no effect if the player's prayer is not full when activated. The boost is also given as soon as the cape is worn.
The Prayer cape is one of the most expensive to obtain, with some players spending as much as 231,805,976 coins on 99 Prayer using frost dragon bones on a lit gilded altar. Alongside the Herblore skill, it is considered one of the most expensive skills to train.
Talking to Brother Jered gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Prayer cape's perk increases Prayer experience gained from burning bones in a player-owned house by 100%, equivalent to having two incense burners lit. All Capes of Accomplishment can be added to a max cape, completionist cape, or trimmed completionist cape, after which players may choose to enable up to three perks.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- Currently, 142,100 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- There used to be a glitch where you could operate the skillcape when you had zero Prayer Points left, allowing you to use Redemption twice, or Redemption and Retribution. This bug has since been fixed.
- Like all skillcapes, when worn, it temporarily boosts the wearer's level by one. If the cape is equipped with full prayer points (990), it will boost prayer points by 10 to 1,000. Because prayer point boosts do not wear off on their own, the Prayer cape is the only skillcape that is capable of giving a permanent boost. However when unequipped, any points above 990, even from a different source, are lost.
- At one point in time the symbol on the Prayer cape (along with a few other skillcapes eg. Herblore cape) was changed to have a blue circle around the icon, as well as the "Star" being changed itself. However many players complained and it was changed back soon after on 24 October 2012's Halloween update.