|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||59,400 coins|
|Low Alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the most pious of heroes.|
A Prayer cape can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Prayer hood from Brother Jered at the Edgeville Monastery by players who have achieved level 99 Prayer. It is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Prayer skill. Prayer capes are white in colour, and have a yellow-gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. The "operate cape" boost will have no effect if the player's prayer is not full when activated. The boost is also given as soon as the cape is worn. This is one of very few methods in which a player can obtain a number of prayer points exceeding three digits (1000).
The Prayer Cape is widely regarded as one of the most expensive skillcapes in the game, with some players spending as much as 250,000,000 coins on 99 prayer using frost dragon bones. Now however, prayer materials are relatively cheap, and the cape can be obtained for even lower than 100,000,000 coins using infernal ashes. Along side the Herblore skill, it is considered the most expensive skill to train.
A player wearing an untrimmed prayer cape
A player wearing a trimmed prayer cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- There used to be a glitch where you could operate the skillcape when you had zero Prayer Points left, allowing you to use Redemption twice, or Redemption and Retribution. This bug has since been fixed.
- The Prayer cape is known as one of the most expensive capes, costing hundreds of millions of coins. This is due to the high price of bones and the rarity of a player mastering the Prayer skill by obtaining and burying their own bones without purchasing them with coins.
- Brother Jered, who sells the Prayer capes to players, says that the Prayer cape is the hardest skillcape to achieve; however, it is a very fast skill when using a gilded altar, and it is in fact the thirteenth most prevalent skillcape. However, his point is largely true, due to the large expense of coins needed to buy the bones required or the large expense of time needed to gather them.
- Like all skillcapes, when worn, it temporarily boosts the wearer's level by one. If the cape is equipped with full prayer points (990), it will boost prayer points by 10 to 1,000. Because prayer point boosts do not wear off on their own, the Prayer cape is the only skillcape that is capable of giving a permanent boost.
- At one point in time the symbol on the Prayer cape (along with a few other skillcapes eg. Herblore cape) was changed to have a blue circle around the icon, as well as the "Star" being changed itself. However many players complained and it was changed back soon after on 24 October 2012's Halloween update.
- There is currently a slight visual glitch where the cape flies out too far from the owner's body.
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|