Postbag from the Hedge is a collection of letters to, and responses from, RuneScape non-player characters. They are often replied to in a humorous fashion, although some replies (especially those from the Chaos Elemental) hint at future updates. The letters are delivered by Postie Pete.
Postbag from the Hedge replaces the old letters from the gods of RuneScape, as the gods have "neither the time nor the inclination to speak with mere mortals".
The most recent Postbag was Postbag from the Hedge 46, dated 16 April 2012.
List of PostbagsEdit
The most recent postbags are listed first.
- Postbag 46 - It begins again...
- Postbag 45 - Letters are read, postbag is due
- Postbag 44 - Postbag from the Heim.
- Postbag 43 - Postbag suffers from feature creep.
- Postbag 42 - A NOTE FROM YOUR MUM.
- Postbag 41 - Anarchy in the KGP.
- Postbag 40 - Previously, in Dorgesh-Kaan.
- Postbag 39 - Who is the greatest of them all?
- Postbag 38 - What's the matter, Jad? Chicken?
- Postbag 37 - Are you sitting funkily? Then we'll begin.
- Postbag 36 - I've got a Fiara in my heart for you.
- Postbag 35 - But how do you pruh-nounce Rell-doh?
- Postbag 34 - A SUBLIMINAL EVIL MESSAGE: Read this postbag!
- Postbag 33 - We've deliberated, cogitated and digested.
- Postbag 32 - *sips tea*
- Postbag 31 - Ectofuntically friendly
- Postbag 30 - A message from the wire.
- Postbag 29 - You shall not pass!
- Player Takeover!
- Postbag 28 - The Wise Old Man needs you...Part Two!
- Postbag 27 - Fashion, imps and one very relaxed chinchompa...
- Postbag 26 - Creatures great and small, and the end of the year!
- Postbag 25 - The trouble with trolls
- Postbag 24 - Spooky goings on!
- Postbag 23 - Wise old musings and demonic drills
- Postbag 22 - What will happen to the pie?
- Postbag 21 - Somethingorotherwotsit
- Postbag 20 - Tales from earlier ages
- Postbag 19 - The vampyres explain themselves
- Postbag 18 - Melzar's Mad Musings.
- Postbag 17 - Happy Birthday, Mr Elemental.
- Postbag 16 - You enjoy Postbag from the Hedge.
- Postbag 15 - Property Law and Vampires.
- Postbag 14 - The woeful tale of the bunny ears.
- Postbag 13 - The Evil Chicken defends his reputation.
- Postbag 12 - Rats, Pirates and the Wise Old Man!
- Postbag 11 - Baba Yaga, Hill Giants and correct pronunciation!
- Postbag 10 - Jellies, Rocnars and Rantz gets literate!
- Postbag 9 - Sawdust, Wallbeasts and Kebabs!
- Postbag 8 - Pull the udder one!
- Postbag 7 - May Mixup!
- Postbag 6 - Me! Oh, and a few others.
- Postbag 5 - Chaotic chat, family trouble and secrets revealled!
- Postbag 4 - Goblins, globes and golems!
- Postbag 3 - Barbarians, Tree Spirits, and an embarrassed Demon!
- Postbag 2 - Magic, Hans and Bankers!
- Postbag 1 - Poultry, Dragons and Zombies
- It is possible that the name is a reference or play on the novel/ film by the title of "postcards from the edge".
- The postbags sometimes foreshadow future characters. Drorkar was mentioned by Kaqemeex in the 24th postbag, more than six months prior to the release of Perils of Ice Mountain. Dr Nabanik answered a letter in the 41st postbag addressed to Jhallan, and he referred to himself as a "learned archaeologist...with something of an interest in the Mahjarrat". This led to predictions that Nabanik was Azzanadra, which was revealed to be true with the release of The Temple at Senntisten four months later.
- Postbag 45 is Valentine-themed, and the update title refers to the love song "Total Eclipse of the Heart", by Bonnie Tyler.