Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|No. of banks||1 bank deposit box|
|No. of altars||1|
|No. of obelisks||1|
|Main music||Sea Shanty II|
|Leader||Under the administration of the Asgarnian Government|
|Teleportation||Lodestone Network (after activating)|
- Players can teleport to Port Sarim using the Home Teleport spell once they have discovered the required lodestone.
- Port Sarim can be entered by land from Falador to the north/north-west, Draynor Village to the east, Rimmington to the west, or Thurgo's Peninsula to the south.
- If a player has the explorer's ring 3 or 4 equipped or in their inventory, they can teleport to the Falador cabbage patch north of the area and walk south.
- Players can also travel to Port Sarim Jail directly from Al Kharid by telling Shantay that they are outlaws. If they disagree to his terms, he will teleport them to Port Sarim Jail. They can then pick the lock (both F2P and P2P) in their cell to get out.
- Fairy ring (code A•I•Q) travels to Mudskipper Point, the southern extent of Thurgo's Peninsula, south of Port Sarim.
Quests started in Port SarimEdit
- Pirate's Treasure - Port Sarim's sole quest; may be started by talking to Redbeard Frank south of the bar.
- Impressing the Locals - Miniquest to unlock access to The Arc
Quests involving Port SarimEdit
- Pirate's Treasure
- Dragon Slayer
- Catapult Construction
- One Small Favour
- Swept Away
- A Void Dance
- Rocking Out
- Purple cat (miniquest)
Port Sarim JailEdit
The jail is at the south-west point of the port. It is home to Wormbrain, a goblin who is involved in the Dragon Slayer quest as well as two notable NPCs and former random event characters, Cap'n Hand and Rick Turpentine.
Located between Port Sarim and Falador, the farm has chickens, cows, and a cabbage field. Two eggs can be found in the chicken coop and a sink can be found on the east side of the farm. Members can access a farming shop here and use the loom in the south-east room. There are pigs and piglets on the farm, though they can not be attacked. In the north-eastern field of the northern farm are several allotment patches, notably for beginning farmers. This farm is often referred to as 'Falador Farm'.
Spirit tree patchEdit
East of The Rusty Anchor, in the north-eastern corner of Port Sarim, there is a patch to plant a spirit tree. Having this spirit tree fully grown with the rest of the spirit trees is one of the requirements for the completionist cape.
An altar can be found by walking south-west from the jail and by entering the church. A summoning obelisk is also located north of the church. This church a branch of the Church of Saradomin. Next to the church there is a graveyard. The graveyard consists of some characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet, such as Ophelia, Horatio, and a diseased resident named Yorick. Along with the other gravestones, another reads, "...let last P..nce of..." Restored version is "Hamlet last Prince of Denmark".
Thurgo's Peninsula & Mudskipper PointEdit
- One of the last known Imcando dwarves, Thurgo, in his hut
- The entrance to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon
- A members only fairy ring (code A•I•Q)
- The spot for slaying mogres
Also, once a player has advanced far enough in the player-owned port minigame, there is bank access within their port.
Betty's Magic EmporiumEdit
In recent times, running wizard hats has become popular, because they are worth nearly 100 times as much at the Grand Exchange as they are here.
Grum's Gold ExchangeEdit
Grum's Gold Exchange is located directly south of Betty's Magic Emporium. Grum runs the store and sells various jewellery. Players can purchase rings, necklaces, and strung amulets. The store is stocked only by other players selling their jewellery.
Brian's Battleaxe BazaarEdit
Gerrant's Fishy BusinessEdit
On the north wall of the store respawns a white apron. Fishing poles and Lobster traps are also common occurrences.
Wydin's Food StoreEdit
The store plays an important part in the Pirate's Treasure quest. Players can also be hired as a worker for Wydin once they reach a certain point on the quest. Once they are hired, they can receive free food. If you ask him what he recommends he will tell you about bananas.
The Rusty Anchor InnEdit
The Rusty Anchor Inn is located east of Brian's Battleaxe Bazaar. The inn is owned by the bartender, and sells beer for 2 coins. Due to an update, the musician located in the bar is just like regular musicians (except for the bug, described below in the trivia section). The Inn also plays a small part in the A Void Dance quest, whereby several patrons, and even the barkeep are under the draining effect of the strange goo, located in the basement of the inn.
Members can travel to Entrana from here. The monks will not allow player to carry weapons or armour, though it is possible to import materials to fletch a bow and arrows or to craft leather armour. Runes are also allowed.
All players can travel to Karamja from this dock, for a price of 30 coins. There is a right-click option on any of the sailors, to "Pay fare" and travel without any additional dialogue. This price will be reduced if wearing Karamja gloves, or the trip will be free after asking, while wearing the ring of charos (a). Both items are members only.
- The Lady Lumbridge, a ship in need of repair, is moored here. She features in the Dragon Slayer quest. After the quest the original owner reclaims it and paints over the name with paint, denying that it was once the player's.
- The Void Knights dock can be found on the centre pier. Talk to the squire to go to the Void Knights' Outpost where members can play the minigames Pest Control or Conquest.
- Wander - The area north of Port Sarim near the Falador farm
- Sea Shanty II - All of Port Sarim north of the jail
- Long Way Home - The goblin-infested wood west of Port Sarim
- Tomorrow - Port Sarim Jail
- Attention - The fishing spots south-west of Port Sarim, near the Church and Thurgo's Peninsula
- Mudskipper Melody - Mudskipper Point, south of Port Sarim
- Honkytonky Sea Shanty - Unlocks in The Rusty Anchor Inn
- Sea Shanty XMAS - Unlock during Christmas 2006
- The Art of Hocus-Pocus - Only during the 2008 Hallowe'en event.
- Nightfall - North-west of Port Sarim
- If you look in Gerrant's Fishy Business and the axe shop, you can see one tile that is not like the others. Another tile like it floats above it. This is yet to have been fixed. This is only present in Minimum - Low detail.
- Port Sarim has been in Gielinor since DeviousMUD.
- When using the home teleport spell to Port Sarim, a bug used to occur when the loading screen gets stuck on "Loading - Please wait. (50%)" forcing the player to have to restart RuneScape. This has since been fixed.
- After the update that made "Listen to" the default option of musicians, Jagex forgot to change the text on the musician in the Rusty Anchor Inn. Clicking "Talk to" will result in your character sitting down and listening, while "Listen to" will begin talking to the character you clicked "Talk to".
- The cemetery outside Port Sarim refers to several of Shakespeare's works, Including references to Ophelia, Horatio from Hamlet, etc.
|Part 1 of the Pirate quest series|
|Boat to the Arc|