For the character controlled by the player at all times, see Account.
A playable character is a character that can be temporarily controlled by the player. The options with the character are very limited, and are usually restricted to movement, combat and the inventory screen. Each character serves a specific purpose. Currently, they are used only in quests, Fremennik Sagas and the Player-owned Port minigame.
Playable characters have included:
- Zanik (The Chosen Commander)
- Korasi (Quiet Before the Swarm)
- Three of the Signature Heroes, Sir Owen, Ozan and Ariane (Three's Company)
- Kay Thanxby and The Forgotten Warrior (Vengeance)
- Marmaros (Thok It To 'Em)
- Thok (Thok It To 'Em and Thok Your Block Off)
- Kennith, Eva and Ezekial (Salt in the Wound)
- Vanescula Drakan (The Branches of Darkmeyer)
- Moia (Nadir)
- Baron Von Hattenkrapper (A Clockwork Syringe)
- Surula the Barmaid (Player-owned port minigame)
- Felix the Black Marketeer (Player-owned port minigame)