Click animation for full size
Plank Make is a Lunar Magic spell. When cast it will convert one applicable log into a plank of the same type, but without running from the bank to the Sawmill. There is still a conversion fee (aside from the rune cost), but it is 30% cheaper than the Sawmill operator. However, this savings is negated by the rune cost of the spell, which is 772 coins (based on GE prices for the Nature and Astral runes, while using a staff for the Earth runes).
Plank Make is a good method to train Magic and is faster experience than High Level Alchemy. The need to stay in a bank area may cause players who prefer to train other skills along with Magic to be more inclined to use High Level Alchemy. Dream Mentor must be completed in order to cast this spell. Temporary boosts cannot be used.
Plank Make may be cast once per 3 game ticks (about 1.8 seconds). Including banking time, up to about 1800 Plank Makes may be cast per hour, giving about 162k magic experience per hour.
|Log||Plank||Cost in coins|
|Spell Make||Portable sawmill||Sawmill|
|Oak logs||Oak plank||175||225||250|
|Teak logs||Teak plank||350||450||500|
|Mahogany logs||Mahogany plank||1050||1350||1500|
The following table is based upon casting the spell with an Earth staff or equivalent.
|Log||Current Coin Values||Profit/Loss||Exp||Profit/Exp|
|Logs||Runes||Direct Coin Cost of Spell||Plank|
- Casting Plank Make on Lunar lumber in the Livid Farm uses a different animation which originally was a large ball of bright light. This was later changed to be not so intense and a dimmer red colour. This was announced in Patch Notes (3 May 2011).
- Plank Make used to have a confirmation screen for each log, but this was removed. The removal of the confirmation screen sped up the cast speed from once per 4 game ticks to once per 3 game ticks.
- In September 2009, the cast speed was changed to 2 game ticks per cast but was later changed back to 3.
- A player casting Plank Make can successfully follow another player as long as some time between casts is given. It is possible to walk around short distances; again leaving some time in between casts. Large distances, however, cannot be covered.
- A player must cast Plank Make exactly 104,853 times to go from 86 - 99 Magic, and will make a loss of -41,416,935 in doing so, if making mahogany planks.