This article is about the item made from ordinary logs. For information on the various planks available, see Planks.
|Release date||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||60 coins|
|Low Alch||40 coins|
|Store price|| 100 coins|
|Exchange price||475 coins (info)|
|Examine||A plank of wood!|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Undead lumberjack 30,35,40,45,50,55,60,64,70 Common Armoured zombie 85 9 (noted) Uncommon
Members can take four different types of logs to the sawmill to be changed to different types of planks for a price. The basic plank costs 100 coins to make. Planks can then be used to make construction furniture. Using a plank in construction grants 33 construction experience.
In addition to physically taking logs to the sawmill, players may also send their servant to the sawmill to convert them into planks. Also, the Plank Make spell from the Lunar spellbook may be used by players who have completed the Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor quests, and have level 86 Magic. A full inventory of logs with coins has 54 kg while wearing nothing, you will lose 33 kg when you convert these into planks, which will weigh 21 kg.
Planks also spawn in certain locations:
- North of the Barbarian agility course (4) (This is a great spot due to the bank deposit box in the next building.)
- Crandor near wrecked ship, on the beach (3) and in the water (2, requiring Telekinetic Grab)
- On Entrana west of the Law altar (2)
- Miscellania dungeon near the platform
- Port Khazard near the General Store (2)
- Near the start of the Underground Pass
- Ape Atoll, in an abandoned shack south of the gates (2)
- In the Wilderness:
- In the goat pen in the Mountain Camp (1)
- In the dungeon beneath Miscellania and Etceteria - use the lift platform to go up (1)
- Hunt for Red Raktuber - 4 needed. (5 needed, if you don't have a penguin suit.)
- Dragon Slayer - 3 needed.
- The Great Brain Robbery - 18 needed.
- Horror From The Deep - 2 needed.
- Mountain Daughter - 1 needed.
- Observatory Quest - 3 needed.
- Perils of Ice Mountain - 2 needed.
- Royal Trouble - 1 needed.
- Underground Pass - 1 needed.
- In Search of the Myreque - 6 needed.
- Darkness of Hallowvale - 2 needed.
- All Fired Up (activity) - 2 needed.
- Glorious Memories - 1 needed.
- In Aid of the Myreque - 11 needed.
- Unstable Foundations - 1 needed.
|Item||Profit(Loss)/Gp||Profit(Loss)/Gp (w/ Sc tool)|
|Plank||14.39 gp/exp||7.2 gp/exp|
If players have access to the Balloon transport system they may use it to make Planks quickly. Start at Castle Wars, using the Bank chest, and use the balloon to travel between there and the Varrock Sawmill. Due to weight restrictions, players may only carry about 18 logs to be made into planks at a time (as well as the money to make the planks and the Willow logs for the transport and a Ring of duelling to return to Castle Wars. Players can take the maximum 26 logs per trip by using Weight-reducing equipment.
Note: Familiars cannot be used on the balloon transport system.
- Prior to the introduction of the Construction skill, a plank was mainly a quest-related item and generally had a relatively low street value.
- Unless free players purchase planks on the Grand Exchange or from another player, they can only be obtained from the wilderness and Crandor respawn locations. The prior was a common player-killing spot, due to a steady traffic of players attempting to complete the Dragon Slayer quest, including a number of players who generally avoided player killing areas and were unfamiliar with the tactics in the wilderness.