|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|Exchange||187 coins (info)|
|A plank of wood! Used in Construction (1).|
A Plank is a common Construction item and is used in several quests. It is made of normal wood. Although Construction is a Members-only skill, the plank is available to Free-to-play as it is used in Dragon Slayer and was used in Unstable Foundations.
Members can take four different types of logs to the sawmill near Varrock, in Prifddinas or the plank maker in Taverley to be changed to different types of planks for a price. The basic plank costs 100 coins to make. Planks can then be used to make Construction furniture. Using a plank in Construction grants varying quantities of Construction experience and usually also involves nails.
In addition to physically taking logs to the sawmill, players may also send their servant to the sawmill to convert them into planks. The Plank Make spell from the Lunar spellbook may also be used by players who have completed the Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor quests and have level 86 Magic.
Planks also spawn in certain locations:
- North of the Barbarian agility course (4) (This is a great spot due to the bank chest in the next building.)
- Crandor near wrecked ship, on the beach (2) and in the water (2+1, requiring Telekinetic Grab move both ends of ship)
- On Entrana west of the Law altar (2)
- Miscellania dungeon near the platform
- Port Khazard near the General Store (2)
- Near the start of the Underground Pass
- Ape Atoll, in an abandoned shack south of the gates (2)
- In the Wilderness:
- In the goat pen in the Mountain Camp (1)
- In the dungeon beneath Miscellania and Etceteria - use the lift platform to go up (1)
- Hunt for Red Raktuber - 4 needed. (5 needed, if you don't have a penguin suit.)
- Dragon Slayer - 3 needed.
- The Great Brain Robbery - 18 needed.
- Horror From The Deep - 2 needed.
- Mountain Daughter - 1 needed.
- Observatory Quest - 3 needed.
- Perils of Ice Mountain - 2 needed.
- Royal Trouble - 1 needed.
- Underground Pass - 1 needed.
- In Search of the Myreque - 6 needed.
- Darkness of Hallowvale - 2 needed.
- Glorious Memories - 1 needed.
- In Aid of the Myreque - 11 needed.
- Unstable Foundations - 1 needed.
Dropping monsters Edit
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Undead lumberjack||30; 35; 40; 45; 50; 55; 60; 64; 70||1||Always|
|Armoured zombie||85||9 (noted)||Uncommon|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Razmire Builders' Merchants||100||Coins||50||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Prior to the introduction of the Construction skill, a plank was mainly a quest-related item and generally had a relatively low street value.
- Unless free players purchase planks on the Grand Exchange or from another player, they can only be obtained from the Wilderness and Crandor respawn locations. The former was a common player killing spot, due to a steady traffic of players attempting to complete the Dragon Slayer quest, including a number of players who generally avoided player killing areas and were unfamiliar with the tactics in the Wilderness.
|Plank • Oak plank • Teak plank • Mahogany plank • Protean plank|