This article is about the village. For other uses, see Piscatoris (disambiguation).
|Release date||2 May 2006 (Update)|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||1|
|Main music||Making Waves|
|Teleportation||Use Spirit kyatt teleport to Piscatoris Hunter area, just south of the Summoning Obelisks; fairy ring A-K-Q; Phoenix lair teleport and travel north|
|Inhabitants/Race||Humans, Sea Trolls|
|Location on World Map|
|Pirates' Cove||←||Piscatoris Fishing Colony||→||Waterbirth Island|
|Piscatoris Hunter area|
The Piscatoris Fishing Colony is on the north-western corner of Kandarin (fairy ring code A-K-Q). It is accessible once a player has completed the Swan Song quest. The town can be reached by talking to Kathy Corkat outside of the west fence of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Kathy will take players up the river for free if they have a Ring of Charos (a) or if they pay her 50 coins (you don't have to pay for the ride back). You can also buy Phoenix Lair Teleport scrolls for faster access to the Colony.
The colony once thrived on the monkfish industry but has recently come under attack from sea trolls. Players get a chance to help the town during the Swan Song quest.
After completing the quest, players may fish for monkfish at any of the five fishing spots along the colony's northern coast. The colony has become a popular spot to fish for higher level players capable of doing the quest due to the speed and high experience associated with monkfish and the fishing spots' proximity to the bank. This is a good method of making money. Tuna and Swordfish can also be harpooned at the colony, although almost all players concentrate on netting the Monkfish.
The colony also has:
- A Bank and a General store. Arnold Lydspor runs both of these, and players can access either by right clicking on Lydspor. The store sells an eclectic mix of items, which can be rapidly bought and banked using Lydspor.
- A Range, which some players use to cook the fish they catch. Players who can enter the Rogue's Den in Burthorpe, however, prefer to just bank the fish at the colony. They then use a Games necklace to teleport to Burthorpe and go to the den. The den has a banker who is located near a fire, allowing for rapid cooking and banking of the fish. Another way to fast cooking the fish is using the range in the Cook's Guild, however this requires a cooking level of 32 and a chef's hat to enter to the guild.
- A Furnace.
- Several sources of Water.
The colony is occasionally used as a base by players using the other attractions of the Piscatoris region. Players who have completed Swan Song sometimes find the bank here useful to withdraw and deposit items. Players can find the following south of the colony:
- The Piscatoris Hunter area, one of the few hunting zones of RuneScape.
- A Summoning Obelisk, located in a cave.
- A nearby mine, which is notable for its three iron rocks right next to each other. This makes it an excellent spot for power mining.
- The Phoenix Lair, which features in the In Pyre Need quest and can be used once a day after the quest as one of the Distractions and Diversions activities.
- The Eagle transport system, which after the Eagles' Peak quest, can be used for fast transport to other hunter areas and the Jade vine maze on Karamja.
- Herman Caranos
- Kathy Corkat
- David Mendleberg
- Franklin Caranos
- Arnold Lydspor
- Devin Mendelberg
- George Laxmeister
- Ramara du Croissant
- The word Piscatoris has significance in two different ways. The Latin word "Piscator" means fisherman, so Piscatoris Fishing Colony could simply mean "Fishing Colony of the Fisherman." However, the scientific name of the real-life monkfish is Lophius piscatorius, as the fish is an anglerfish, meaning the fish itself hunts (angles) for smaller fish. In this context, Piscatoris Fishing Colony could mean "Monkfish Fishing Colony".
- Examining a wheelbarrow in the Fishing colony yields the text; "'Can I borrow a Shallow Barrow?' Now say that faster, FASTER!" This is a tongue twister.
- When a Bunyip dies while in the Piscatoris Fishing Colony, a message appears saying "Your familiar has returned to the spirit plane."
- In the sound FX inside the colony you can hear Seagulls, however none can be seen.