This article is about the quest. For the song sung by Bard Roberts, see Pirate's Treasure (song).
- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|“||Redbeard Frank knows where secret pirate treasure is hidden. It may require some work to persuade him to let you know where, though.||”|
|Start point:||The northmost dock at Port Sarim, just south of the Pub.|
|Length:||Short - Medium (10-30mins)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||Optional kills:
Gardener lvl 4
Talk to Redbeard Frank, located at the end of the most north-eastern pier in Port Sarim. He talks about his old captain; One-Eyed Hector, who has a treasure buried somewhere and Frank is willing to help you find it. He wants you to get some karamjan rum before he'll tell you the location of the treasure though.
Agree to help Frank, who will tell you where to acquire the rum he seeks: Musa Point. Walk down south on the docks to see three sailors, Captain Tobias, Seaman Lorris, and Seaman Thresnor. Talk to any one of these sailors to board the ship to Karamja for 30 coins.
Hide 'n' SmuggleEdit
Head back east towards the pier, and go to the small house north-east of the pub. Speak to Luthas and ask him about the Customs officer, and then ask him for a job. He'll want you to fill a crate of bananas outside his store. Agree to help him. Walk outside his store and then go west past the bar, then north into the banana plantation. Click on the banana trees to obtain bananas; you'll need 10.
Go back to Luthas' house. On the right side of the house's entrance there is a wooden crate. First, use your rum with the crate, then right click on the crate and choose Fill Crate to fill it with bananas. Afterwards head inside and talk to Luthas to get your payment. Talk to the Customs officer. Let her search you, then pay the 30 coins to go back to Port Sarim.
After the quest, you can work for Luthas by filling crates with bananas. He will pay you 30 coins for every crate you fill. You may use the coins for transportation off of Karamja or to purchase the karamjan rum.
Now head into Gerrant's Fishy Business to the west, grab the apron on the north wall. Put on the apron and enter Wydin's Food Store just to the south. Try to enter the door that leads towards the back of the store. Wydin will tell you only employees can go there. Ask to work for him, and if you have your white apron on, he'll agree. Now enter the room and search the crate with the banana on top to get the rum. Go back and give it to Redbeard Frank.
Frank gives you a key to a chest in a bar in Varrock. The Blue Moon Inn is located to the south. Enter and go up the stairs. Look in the south-west room for a chest. Open it to obtain a pirate message. It will give you a clue to the treasure's location:
Visit the city of the White Knights. In the park, Saradomin points to the X which marks the spot
Head to Falador. Get a spade. You can find one in Falador Estate Agent building.
In Falador park, stand on the bare dirt spot to the west of the statue (Pictured left). Click on your spade, you will be interrupted by an angry combat level 6 Gardener. Kill him and dig again in the same spot to get One-Eyed Hector's treasure chest. You have completed Pirate's Treasure, now open the chest and claim your reward!
In RuneScape Classic, the player must dig behind the bench by using the spade with the flowers.
- 2 quest points
- A casket containing 450 coins, an emerald and a gold ring
- Ability to use the payfare option to go to and from Karamja
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Pirate's Treasure is required for the following:
- If you dispose of the note found in the chest, your quest log will say that you are glad you remember the notes information as you have lost it.
- When the quest was first released, the Karamja rum was tradeable and the bottles would not break if players tried to teleport. Some players simply bought a whole load of rum and sold it to players doing the quest, allowing them to skip a large part of it. When this was posted on fan forums, a Jagex developer saw it and the problem was soon corrected.
- Whilst your character is talking to Redbeard Frank about obtaining the Karamja rum several alcohol references in regard to rum are made. The rum references initiate when your player says, "I guess I could give it a shot" (a shot glass) progressed by Redbeard Frank exclaiming, "That's the spirit!" (spirit being the class of alcohol rum is distinguished as)
- When a gardener sees you as you dig up the treasure, he says "First giant moles and now you!" referring to the Level 110 Giant Mole that resides under Falador Park.
- Upon completion of the quest the players adventurer's log will read: "I incurred the wrath of an angry gardener by digging up some treasure."
- Even if the gardener is killed beforehand he will respawn and start attacking the player when digging for the treasure.
Black Knights' Fortress • The Blood Pact • Cook's Assistant • Death Plateau • Demon Slayer • Druidic Ritual • Ernest the Chicken • Goblin Diplomacy • Gunnar's Ground • Imp Catcher • Let Them Eat Pie • Myths of the White Lands • Pirate's Treasure • The Restless Ghost • Rune Mysteries • Shield of Arrav • Stolen Hearts • Swept Away • Vampyre Slayer • Wolf Whistle What's Mine is Yours
|Removed or significantly changed|
Italics denote that the removed quest was later made into a miniquest.