Pirate Pete is a pirate from Mos Le'Harmless currently in the service of Captain Braindeath. Before the events of Rum Deal, Braindeath sent Pete to find help in fighting the invasion of Captain Donnie. Players must talk to him to start the quest, and he is located on a dock near the Ectofuntus. He also offers the player transport to Braindeath Island after the quest. He is the only person who knows how to reach Braindeath Island, and will distract and knock out anyone wishing to go there to ensure the island's location remains secret. When travelling back and forth, players are knocked unconscious every time, which does not deal any damage. Players will then wake up on the island, which does not appear on the RuneScape map.
Pirate Pete is the cousin of Party Pete, Pumpkin Pete, Parroty Pete and Postie Pete. His fifth birthday party is listed as the worst fifth birthday party in the Official History of RuneScape. No such document exists, however Pirate Pete claims cannonballs were swapped with balloons maiming a significant number of guests.
Pirate Pete is the piratical representative on the Lumbridge Secret Council. He is present when the Culinaromancer is freed during Recipe for Disaster and is frozen. In order to save him, he must be fed his favourite food, a fishcake.
From time to time, Postie Pete visits Pirate Pete. Players can have a piratey conversation with Postie.
- Dramatic irony is experienced when Pirate Pete knocks the player unconscious. The person playing knows exactly what happens every time, but the in-game character has no idea.
- When Postie Pete turns up, Pirate Pete will say to him it is "all quiet on the eastern front" which is a reference to the novel All Quiet on the Western Front.
- Sometimes, when you speak with Pirate Pete to go back to Port Phasmatys, he'll say "Turn around three times, then clap your hands an say the place you want to go." This may be a reference to the movie, The Wizard of Oz.
- Pirate Pete is summoned when reading the pirate spell sheet and knocks the user out, transporting them to Braindeath Isle or Mos Le'Harmless. If the sheet is read in Pete's vicinity, he will suspiciously remark that the magic won't work until moving further.
- Pete appears in the Walk the Plank emote, being the one pushing the player. His look is completely different however.
- Pirate Pete is one of the possible people requiring identification in order to obtain the enchanted egg in Recipe for Disaster/Freeing the Lumbridge Sage.
|Initial subquest of Recipe for Disaster|
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|