|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Wolf Whistle, Three's Company|
|Sells items?||Summoning items and cape|
|Examine|| He's a very important druid.|
|Notable features|| Master of Summoning|
Pikkupstix is the central character surrounding the Summoning skill. The player may begin the Wolf Whistle quest by speaking to him. He runs the shop Pikkupstix's Summoning Shop alongside the Summoning skill tutor Magestix selling essential items such as spirit shards and pouches. He also sells the Cape of Achievement - Summoning, for 99,000 coins, provided that the player has 99 Summoning.
According to Bowloftrix, he is a walking disaster magnet, although he is never the target and his assistants suffer under whatever catastrophe he attracts.
In addition, Pikkupstix can enchant helmets for them to hold summoning scrolls (combat scrolls only), provided the owner of the helmet has the required summoning level. Once filled ('charged'), the helmets gain a cyan colour. It should be noted that, while players may own multiple enchanted helmets, only one can be charged with scrolls at any given time; attempting to add scrolls to a second helmet results in the chat message, "You already have some charged headgear". The scrolls must first be removed from the existing charged helmet before any can be added to another.
List of Pikkupstix's assistantsEdit
In one "busy week", Pikkupstix lost the following assistants:
- Stikklebrix - killed by white wolves
- Scalectrix - gone missing, but rescued
- Bowloftrix - almost cooked by trolls
- Lunatrix - went mad - ran out door with pants on head after communing with Elder Spirits
- Ashtrix - cut off hand - got saw in stump and panicked
- Spartrix - captured by Kinshra - killed in slave rebelion
- Beezeltrix - incident with smoke devil
- Felitrix - lost
- Hastrix - "The less said about Hastrix, the better!"
- Two twin druids - captured by trolls
- The name is a play on "Pick-up sticks".
- Like several other druids, his name ends with "-ix", which is a reference to the English translation of the Asterix and Obelix comic books, where most of the Gauls have punny names ending in "-ix". Like most of the characters in the Asterix series, his name is also a pun.
- On 2 September 2009, after the Personalised shop update, the unlimited stocks were removed and, instead, each shop's stock was made unique to each player's account so that one player's activity did not affect what was available to another player. The update also removed the "buy X" feature, with the result that spirit shards could only be purchased in lots of 500 per purchase. Many players complained that this update impaired summoning training because it made buying supplies too time-consuming: with high-level familiars requiring more than 200 shards each, players training at higher levels - using tens of thousands of Spirit Shards in a single session - found the 500-per-click limit slow and frustrating. In response to these complaints, a 9 September 2009 update introduced the spirit shards pack, a pack containing 5000 spirit shards; players needing large quantities could thereafter purchase up to 500 packs (for a total of 2.5 million shards) at one time. Shops currently carry 65000 spirit shards individually and 65000 spirit shards packs.
- Pikkupstix is the only cape seller with no front tassels on his Summoning skillcape.
- Pikkupstix originally sold the Summoning cape via his store Summoning Supplies, but after the Troll Warzone update he no longer does so as the store and stock is shared with Magestix.