|Release||6 January 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|Exchange||7,319 coins (info)|
|Examine||A feather from a phoenix. Used in Summoning (72 & 84).|
A Phoenix quill is the secondary ingredient in creating Phoenix and Reborn phoenix pouches. The five only known ways to get these so far (except by buying from other players or the Grand Exchange) are:
- Completing the quest In Pyre Need (one-time five quills).
- Challenging the Phoenix with level 51 Slayer each day for 5 more quills after completing the quest.
- Receiving them in a Challenge Mystery Bag.
- Finding some in a Bag of lost items (after completing the easy desert tasks). Note: this is not possible when the GE price exceeds 5,000 coins.
- Receiving them as a common prize on Treasure Hunter.
10 phoenix quills can be used to skip directly to the fight against the Phoenix, avoiding all the Reborn creatures in the previous caves of the Phoenix Lair. As you get five from successfully slaying the phoenix, this comes to a net loss of five quills.
It takes roughly 2 minutes to go through the Phoenix Lair which means that paying 10 phoenix quills breaks even if you can otherwise make 2,195,700 coins per hour.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|