Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||17 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|Exchange||1,782,642 coins (info)|
|Examine||This sceptre has no remaining charges.|
The Pharaoh's sceptre is a rare item obtainable from looting the grand gold chest or opening the sarcophagus in each room during the Pyramid Plunder minigame in Sophanem. The probability of receiving this item is increased if you wear a Ring of wealth. It is classed as a two-handed magic weapon. The sceptre stores 3 teleports to 3 pyramids in the Kharidian Desert (after completion of the hard Desert Tasks, when recharged it will hold a total of 6 charges). When you obtain it you will be ejected from Pyramid Plunder. Teleporting by using this sceptre works up to level 30 wilderness.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The sceptre can be used to teleport to the following pyramids:
- Jalsavrah - the Pyramid Plunder minigame, inside Sophanem, where you can recharge with artefacts.
- Jaleustrophos - the Agility Pyramid, North-East of Sophanem, next to Simon Templeton.
- Jaldraocht - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure which is convenient for switching to Ancient Magicks, and also provides quick access to the Exiled Kalphite Hive.
It is recommended that players use two charges, and teleport to Pyramid plunder to recharge if needed, saving time. When the sceptre's charges are used, it may be recharged by using it on the Guardian mummy in the Pyramid Plunder minigame, with appropriate artefacts in the inventory. He will complain about the player owning it, but will go ahead and recharge it anyway. The items used to recharge the staff must be unnoted.
If players have multiple types of rewards in their inventory, i.e. stone seals, and stone scarabs, and they select to recharge, the mummy will take the items with the lowest value first (of the selected category, of course).
The following table shows the total cost of recharging the Pharaoh's sceptre by buying ornaments from Grand Exchange. This table assumes you recharge your sceptre with only one type of ornament.
|Item||GE price||Total cost||Cost per charge|
|Jewelled golden statuette (×1)||14,761||14,761||4,920.33 (2,460.17)|
|Gold seal (×6)||756||4,536||1,512 (756)|
|Golden scarab (×6)||1,012||6,072||2,024 (1,012)|
|Golden statuette (×6)||1,271||7,626||2,542 (1,271)|
|Stone seal (×12)||148||1,776||592 (296)|
|Stone scarab (×12)||171||2,052||684 (342)|
|Stone statuette (×12)||197||2,364||788 (394)|
|Ivory comb (×24)||718||17,232||5,744 (2,872)|
|Pottery scarab (×24)||112||2,688||896 (448)|
|Pottery statuette (×24)||98||2,352||784 (392)|
- ^ Shows the cost of each teleport charge when buying the item from the Grand Exchange. Cost in parentheses are after completing the Hard Desert Tasks, giving 6 charges.
- During the Skilling Weekend on 6 December 2014 through 7 December 2014, the chance of receiving this item as a reward doubled.
- As of 23 March 2010 the 1 charge and 2 charge versions of the Pharaoh's Sceptre can no longer be traded on the Grand Exchange.
- If you try to sell the sceptre to Simon Templeton at the Agility Pyramid, he will try to convince the player that it is worthless and try to buy it for 100 gp, which your character refuses.
- If your inventory is full when you find the sceptre, it will be on the ground under you when ejected from the pyramid.
- The Pharaoh's sceptre's teleport animation is similar to the Ancient Magicks teleport, and the Daemonheim teleport (done with the Ring of Kinship).
- Though the player who finds the sceptre can't see it happen (being ejected from the pyramid), the Guardian Mummy (this time called Annoyed guardian mummy) briefly appears in some of the rooms when the sceptre is found.