|Source||Catherby Fishing shop or Squeal of Fortune|
|Colour Variations||Green / Blue / Orange|
|Examine||A fishbowl with a tiny greenfish / bluefish / spinefish in it.|
To make a pet fish the player must perform the following steps, or purchase the relevant items:
- Obtain a fishbowl by either trading with other players or making one with level 42 Crafting. To make one follow these steps:
- Fill the fishbowl with water (from a water source like a sink or from a bucket of water).
- Put a piece of seaweed in the fishbowl.
- Speak to Harry in the fish store in south-east Catherby and buy a tiny net for 10 gold coins.
- Use the tiny net on one of the aquarium fishing spots in Harry's shop to catch a fish. This gives 1 Fishing experience.
A spinefish or a bluefish in a fishbowl could be obtained as a prize from the Squeal of Fortune during the "Squeal of Neptune" period.
Once you have used a tiny net on one of the spots, there are three different obtainable types of pet fish. These are:
- Bluefish - very common
- Greenfish - uncommon
- Spinefish - very rare
Players can interact with their pet fish in a number of ways with the following results.
- Good fish. Just keep swimming... swimming... swimming...
- The fish swims. It is clearly an obedient fish.
- (If the character is female): "Jump! 'Cmon boy, Jump!"; (If the character is male): "Jump! 'Cmon girl, Jump!".
- The fish bumps into the side of the fishbowl. Then it swims some more.
- Good fish...
- If you drop your fishbowl it will break!
- Drop it regardless / Keep hold
Feeding your fish Edit
Of course players must feed the little critter! Fish food can be found on the second floor of Draynor Manor. After they have fed the fish, the box contains nothing in it, making it an empty box. An empty box can also just be obtained from Harry (for free) and the player can create their own fish food as shown below. Players can either travel back to Draynor, or they can create their own fishfood, as long as they still have the empty box. Players can feed the fish in their menagerie.
Making the food Edit
The following steps show how to make fish food;
- Empty fish food box (If you don't have or lose an empty fish food box, you may ask Harry for another)
First add the crushed guam to the empty fish food box. Then, use the crushed seaweed. Congratulations, you have made fish food!
- "Just keep swimming...swimming...swimming" is a reference to Dory from Finding Nemo.
- If any item except fish food is used on the pet fish you get the message "Your fish looks at you strangely. You get the feeling this will not work."
- Fish can be put in the menagerie of a player-owned house. However, you will only be able to interact by talking to it.
- When catching the pet fish the player is most likely to get a tiny bluefish. A tiny greenfish is less common while a tiny spinefish is considered very rare.
- In an experiment conducted where 100 fishbowls were filled, 38 bluefish, 38 greenfish, and 24 spinefish were caught.
- You can return your pet fish to the shop in Catherby by using the fishbowl on the aquarium. Doing so will leave you with an empty fishbowl.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found