|The Fremennik Trials|
|Examine||The lowest maintenance pet you will ever have.|
In the quest, it is used to make Lalli, a troll, give you some golden wool. A pet rock, cabbage, onion, and a potato are the ingredients for making rock soup to please the troll. Unlike most pets, the pet rock will not follow you if you drop it. However, the rock can be wielded in the weapon and shield slot, but it can not be used to fight. When wielded the combat menu will say "pet rock."
Pet rocks do not need to be fed, but your player will try to feed it when choosing the "feed" option when on the "interact" menu.
You try and feed the rock.
Your rock doesn't seem hungry.
You stroke your pet rock.
Your rock seems much happier.
"Who's a good rock then? Yes you are... You're such a good rock... ooga booga googa."
Your rock seems a little happier.
Want to fetch the stick, rock? Of course you do...
(Player puts the rock down and throws a stick which lands anywhere but forward. The rock will not move anywhere, because rocks naturally don't enjoy playing fetch. Player shrugs and picks the rock back up.)
"Be a good rock..."
(Character sets the rock down, and stand up for a few seconds. Then the character picks the rock up, and pets it.)
On 19 April 2009 Jagex made an update allowing pet rocks to sleep in baskets in your house. Note that the rock stays in the basket, even after you exited and reentered your house. This also works when you drop it anywhere in your house. It is also the only "pet" that appears when you are in building mode and can be interacted with normally.
For 1000 Loyalty points, players can buy the option to change the colour of their Pet Rock. The colours are red, green, teal, and tan. This cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colours of their rock as many times as they like. When the Members Loyalty Programme was released, the price had been put on sale for 100 Loyalty Points temporarily.
- If you have the Pet Rock in your inventory when receiving a Strange rock, a message is displayed showing the rock's excitement at having a companion.
- The Pet Rock is from the actual fad of 1970s. Gary Dahl, an advertising executive conceived the idea and through selling and advertising of the pet rock, sold usually around $3.95 USD, became a millionaire.
- When fighting Melzar the Mad, one of his quotes is: Leave me alone, I need to feed my pet rock!.
- When used with a Roll, obtained from the Sandwich lady, the game gives the message "I love rock and roll!" as the player uses the Headbang emote.
- Sometimes when you tell your pet rock to "fetch" a stick, the stick will fly behind you.
- It is possible to get more than 1 pet rock by asking for a new one. Or alternatively during the quest when you receive the pet rock, the player may drop it then ask for another. This process can be done multiple times as long as it is not in your inventory.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|