"Mortar" redirects here. For the cosmetic override, see Mortar Board
A Pestle and mortar is an item that is used to crush items into fine powder. It is used mainly in Herblore, though it is used in many quests as well. On 9 November 2009 the pestle and mortar grinding code was rewritten. It can be bought from Herblore shops in cities such as Keldagrim, Taverley, and Entrana, from the Grand Exchange, or from Polypore Dungeon Supplies in the Polypore Dungeon. It can be used to grind several items in order to produce a dust. It can be stored in the toolbelt.
- Unicorn horn - produces unicorn horn dust which is used in anti-poison potions.
- Chocolate bar - produces chocolate dust, used in energy potions and chef's delight brew. Also used in the quest Plague City. A knife also works for this item.
- Kebbit teeth - produces kebbit teeth dust for use in the hunting potion.
- Gorak claw - produces crushed gorak claw, used in A Fairy Tale Part II Quest and making magic essence potion.
- Bird's nest - produces a crushed bird's nest which is used in Saradomin brew.
- Desert goat horn - produces goat horn dust for use in combat potions.
- Blue dragon scales - produces dragon scale dust for use in anti-fire potions.
- Mud rune - makes ground mud runes for use in extreme magic potions.
- Sq'irk - produces sq'irk juice when crushed into a beer glass during the Sorceress's Garden activity.
- Ashes - makes ground ashes for use in the Warriors' Guild.
- Poison karambwan - makes karambwan paste, which can be used to poison spears.
- Fishing bait - makes ground fishing bait, which is used to feed pet birds.
- Guam, marrentill, tarromin and harralander - makes their respective ground versions for use in salamander bait/ammo.
- Seaweed - makes ground seaweed which is an ingredient of fish food.
- Neem drupe – produces neem oil which could be used to weaken monsters in the Polypore Dungeon.
- Bat bones - makes ground bat bones in Watchtower.
- Charcoal - makes ground charcoal in The Dig Site
- Cod, kelp, crab meat, and bread - makes ground cod, ground kelp, ground crab meat, and breadcrumbs for raw fishcake in Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Pirate Pete.
- Rune shards - makes rune dust in Garden of Tranquility.
- Astral rune shards - makes ground astral rune in Dream Mentor.
- Suqah tooth - makes ground tooth in Lunar Diplomacy.
- Diamond root - makes diamond root dust in Glorious Memories.
- Dried thistle - makes ground thistle in Eadgar's Ruse.
- Garlic - makes garlic powder in Desert Treasure.
- Black mushroom - makes black mushroom ink, which is used in a number of quests.
A player using the pestle and mortar to grind ingredients.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.