Pernix armour is a set of degradable high-level Ranged power armour that requires 80 Range, 80 Defence, and 80 Constitution to wear. It was first mentioned on 3 January 2011 and released into the game on 10 January 2011. Pernix armour pieces may only be obtained as rare drops from Nex, the boss of the Zarosian stronghold of the God Wars Dungeon, the Ancient Prison. It is the Ranged counterpart to Virtus armour and Torva armour, which are respectively Magic and Melee sets.
Wearing any piece of Pernix, Torva, or Virtus armours, or wielding a Zaryte bow, Virtus wand, Virtus book or ascension crossbow, will cause all factions of monsters in the God Wars Dungeon (aside from bosses or the Ancient Prison) to be unaggressive.
Degrading and repairEdit
Pernix armour fully degrades after 10 hours of combat. Its bonuses are not lost as it degrades; they remain constant throughout the ten hours. The percentage of an item's charge can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Each individual item in the set can be repaired either at Bob's Brilliant Axes or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. Repair costs at an armour stand decrease linearly based on the player's Smithing level, which can be boosted, but not assisted.
|Pernix armour repair cost|
|Piece||Bob's Brilliant Axes||Armour stand with 100 Smithing|
|Pernix cowl||500,000 coins||250,000 coins|
|Pernix body||2,000,000 coins||1,000,000 coins|
|Pernix chaps||1,000,000 coins||500,000 coins|
|Pernix gloves||200,000 coins||100,000 coins|
|Pernix boots||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Full set||3,800,000 coins||1,900,000 coins|
Grand Exchange priceEdit
|Pernix cowl||7,633,024 [view]|
|Pernix body||21,428,128 [view]|
|Pernix chaps||25,165,136 [view]|
|Pernix gloves||7,580,726 [view]|
|Pernix boots||15,070,454 [view]|
Item shards are obtained from certain monsters while having CoinShare on. When a rare drop is given by the monster, 120 item shards are divided up among the involved players and sent to their banks. 120 shards can then be combined to give the original item.
|Pernix cowl shard||101,779||12,213,480|
|Pernix body shard||199,730||23,967,600|
|Pernix chaps shard||189,113||22,693,560|
|Pernix gloves shard||96,584||11,590,080|
|Pernix boots shard||88,611||10,633,320|
|Mainhand Info||Off-hand Info||Attributes||Strength bonus|
- "Pernix" is Latin for "swift", "nimble", or "agile".
- FightpitPKer, a player spoof, wears a full set of this armour, before its graphical update, during The Elder Kiln quest.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Pernix armour is named and modeled after Pernix, an elite ranger who served in Nex's army during the Third Age.
- With the release of Araxxor, the price of Pernix more than tripled.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Behind the Scenes - January". 1 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Mod Chris L. "God Wars Dungeon - The Ancient Prison". 10 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Pernix. Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid. University of Notre Dame. 22:05, January 18, 2011 (UTC). “pernix -nicis [swift , nimble, agile].”*