Pernix armour is a set of degradable high level Ranged armour that requires 80 Ranged, 80 Defence, and 80 Constitution to wear. It was first mentioned on 3 January 2011 and released into the game on 10 January 2011. Pernix armour pieces may only be obtained as rare drops from Nex, the boss of the Zarosian stronghold of the God Wars Dungeon, the Ancient Prison. It is the Ranged companion armour set to Virtus equipment and Torva armour, which are Magic and melee sets, respectively.
As level 80 equipment, Pernix armour is currently the second highest-level Ranged armour in the game, behind Death lotus armour.
Degrading and repairEdit
The largest drawback to this armour set is that it degrades after 10 hours of combat. The pieces do not degrade in increments, rather they retain their stats throughout the ten hours and then immediately drop to 0. The amount of time remaining is recorded in-game in increments of 1%. This percentage can be checked by right-clicking the armour piece and selecting 'check-charge' while it is either in your inventory or equipped. Each individual item in the set has a charge value that must be replenished either at Bob's Brilliant Axes or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. Repair costs at an armour stand decrease linearly based on the player's Smithing level, which can be boosted, but not assisted.
|Pernix Set Repair Cost|
|Piece||Bob's Brilliant Axes||Armour stand with 100 Smithing|
|Pernix cowl||500,000 coins||250,000 coins|
|Pernix body||2,000,000 coins||1,000,000 coins|
|Pernix chaps||1,000,000 coins||500,000 coins|
|Pernix gloves||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Pernix boots||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Full set||3,700,000 coins||1,850,000 coins|
Grand Exchange PriceEdit
|Pernix Grand Exchange Cost|
|Pernix cowl||19,709,085 [view]|
|Pernix body||36,176,835 [view]|
|Pernix chaps||28,963,421 [view]|
|Pernix gloves||12,263,481 [view]|
|Pernix boots||12,486,455 [view]|
|Mainhand Info||Offhand Info||Attributes||Critical bonuses|
Set effect (Before 30th april 2013)Edit
In addition, a set effect is activated when wearing all of the above pieces of equipment. Wearing these pieces of equipment will yield an extra 23 damage in addition to the regular damage bonus from each individual piece. The total damage bonus from wearing all pieces of Pernix armour is therefore 74.
Armour effect (After 30th april 2013)Edit
As with all power armours wearing a full set grants a total 10% damage boost, this is not a set effect and is provided individually amongst the set pieces. This damage boost is equivalent to a 'fastest' weapon of the same tier (level 80).
- Body - 3.5%
- Chaps - 2.5%
- Coif - 2.0%
- Gloves - 1%
- Boots - 1%
- "Pernix" is Latin for "swift", "nimble", or "agile".
- Ancient rangers in the Ancient Prison wear a purple and gold version of this.
- FightpitPKer, a player spoof, wears a full set of this armour during The Elder Kiln quest.
- Although Torva was updated with many armours on 6th March 2012, neither Pernix or Virtus were. Pernix received a graphical update on 5 September 2012.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Behind the Scenes - January". 1 January 2010. RuneScape News. *
- ^ Mod Chris L. "God Wars Dungeon - The Ancient Prison". 10 January 2010. RuneScape News. *
- ^ Pernix. Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid. University of Notre Dame. 22:05, January 18, 2011 (UTC). “pernix -nicis [swift , nimble, agile].”*
Leather • Hardleather • Studded leather(t), (g) • Frog-leather • Carapace • Snakeskin • Green d'hide(t), (g) • Blue d'hide(t), (g) • Red d'hide • Demon slayer equipment • Black d'hide • Blessed • Karil's • Third age • Royal d'hide • Armadyl • Morrigan's • Pernix • Death lotus
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|