|Release date||7 August 2006 (Update)|
|Examine|| He looks like he's a long way from home.|
Penwie can be found south-west of the Gnome glider among the jogres on Karamja. He can also be found near the tribesmen directly west of the Gnome glider. Penwie is difficult to see because the clothes he wears blend in with his surroundings. He is involved in the Gnome restaurant minigame, as a hard order. Penwie has a chance of giving the unique reward of a raw oomlie, but does not drop the special rewards of a gnome scarf or gnome goggles.
Please note that the amounts of the rewards are incomplete and are being updated with the variable range of the items given.
- 6 Uncut sapphires (noted)
- Uncut emeralds (noted)
- 3 Uncut rubies (noted)
- 1 Uncut diamond
- 8-12 Mint cakes
- 3 Clean Toadflax
- 1 Clean Snapdragon
- 8-10 Grand seed pods
- 1 Gnomeball
- 1 Half of a key
- 1 Raw oomlie
- 1 Bird's nest
- 1 Palm tree seed as a VERY RARE reward (currently 171,522 coins at the Grand Exchange).
- Penwie has the same examine text as Brambickle, another gnome explorer that can be received for the Gnome restaurant minigame, as a hard order.
- His examine texts states that he is a long way from home, however, this may or may not be true depending if Penwie has access to the Gnome gliders. If he did, then he wouldn't have to walk too far because the nearby glider could easily take him home. Then again, even if it takes the player a short time to travel to south Karamja from the Grand Tree via Gnome glider, they are quite a distance apart on the map.
- Originally, Penwie was the only Gnome Restaurant customer that gave Mint cakes, and when he rarely did, they were only given out in ones. However, this changed with a recent update, now many different customers can give Mint cakes and in larger numbers too (up to 10 at a time).