|Release date||4 January 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||Run away! Run away!|
The Penance Queen is the boss monster of the Barbarian Assault activity, as well as one of RuneScape's most powerful monsters in combat level, though some believe she is easily as hard as the Kalphite Queen. She uses ranged attacks in rapid succession that can easily hit up to 130, and simultaneously strikes all players fighting her. Her melee attack can also hit up to 130, though it isn't that accurate, especially against those with higher defence. Players may not use protection prayers whilst fighting her. She can easily wipe out a whole party of players, especially if there is no cooperation between team members.
Upon defeating her, players will receive 80 Honour Points in their chosen class, as well as 5 points in all other classes. Also, players may now receive trade items from Commander Connad on the ground floor of the Barbarian Assault building. Previously, this was not the case.
Since the Queen is located within a "safe" activity, you will not lose any items if you die when fighting her, though you will have to restart the wave.
Recommended member roles:
- 1 Attacker (2 if the Healer is level 5 or is skilled)
- 1 Defender
- 2 Healers(1 if the Healer is level 5, or if all players have high defence a level 1 Healer will also suffice)
- 1 Collector (preferably with a high Defence level)
The CHAD system must be used to defeat her, it goes as follows:
|Collector||Put eggs in egg hopper||Launch at Penance Queen|
- The Collector gathers Yellow eggs that the Queen drops. The eggs are passed ("Use" option) to the Healer.
- The Healer dunks the eggs in the poison springs. Once done, the eggs are given to the Attacker.
- The Attacker adds spikes to the eggs from the spiked mushrooms. The eggs are passed along to the Defender. It is recommended that you collect the spikes before the queen comes, as it will speed up the process of passing the eggs on, and ultimately improves chance of survival.
- The Defender dunks the eggs in the lava craters, and hands them back to the Collector.
- The Collector places them in the Egg Hopper, and the Egg Launcher is ready to be fired.
Once the Omega eggs are loaded, any team member can start shooting the Penance Queen. Each hit damages the Queen by about 300+ damage. Keep hitting with Omega eggs until the Queen is killed (this is about 8 eggs).
- Guthan's armour is quite useful for this fight. Players with this set can heal off the Queen Spawn, taking some pressure off the healers.
- It is best for the team to stay near the healing pool, so they can be constantly healed by one of the healers.
- Dragonhide armour seemed to make no difference from Rune armour in protecting against her assumed Magical attacks, as she can hit constant 130s on either armour, later proven after the Hitsplat Update to be Ranged attacks. The collector should also have a high Defence level, as she can also hit up to 130 with her melee attacks.
- Patience is necessary, as killing the Penance Queen may take a while.
- As with all Barbarian Assault waves, prayer cannot be used.
- Level 5 healers are VERY useful in this wave.
- Super strength and attack potions can be used by attackers to speed up killing the Penance Rangers and Fighters.
- The examine text "Run Away! Run Away!" may be a reference to the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."
- If Vengeance is cast it will have no effect on the Penance Queen.
- Before the Hitsplat update, it was assumed her rings were a magical attack. It has now been revealed they are Ranged attacks.
- It looks as if she has a mouth under the belly.
Rulers and Monarchs
|Miscellania and Etceteria|
|Ape Atoll and Karamja|
|Land of Snow|
King Alvis • King Veldaban • Hreidmar • King rat • Sea Troll Queen • Queen Black Dragon • King Black Dragon • Spider Queen • The Pescallion • Walrus • Pest Queen • Queen of Sunrise • Fairy Queen • Penance Queen • Frog Prince • Frog princess • Flora • King Arthur • The Queen