|Release date||1 February 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||78,000 coins|
|Low Alch||52,000 coins|
|Store price|| 390 Honour points|
|Exchange price||Not sold|
|Examine||A mage weapon made from the carcasses of Penance creatures (upgraded)|
The penance master trident is a staff from Barbarian Assault. It is a members only item. It requires 70 Magic and Attack to wield, and provides players with stat bonuses identical to ahrim's staff. This weapon is an upgraded version of the regular penance trident. The penance trident can be bought with 170 Barbarian Assault reward points in every role. If the player has 70 Attack, they can upgrade their trident for an additional 220 reward points (a total of 390) into a master trident.
When wielded, it will attempt to 'save' runes used in any spell. This is how it does so:
- The trident finds out how many different rune types you are using for your spell.
- For each rune type the trident makes a 1 in 60 roll.
- If successful it will save all runes of that type.
So for example, the spell Earth Blast requires 3 air runes and 3 earth runes; there is a 1 in 60 chance that once cast, your penance trident will save either 3 air runes or 3 earth runes. The penance trident cannot save only some of the runes of any rune type, it will either save none or all of any rune type.
Note: the master trident has the same special rune saving ability as a normal penance trident.
A player wielding the penance master trident
|[view] • [talk]|
- Despite being a trident, the master penance trident is considered a staff.
- A trident is the weapon/symbol of the Greek/Roman mythological god Poseidon/Neptune.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the master penance trident, along with the penance trident, had a special attack called Reap, which gave a chance of instantly killing an enemy with a combat level less than 50 (not including players, bosses, summoning familiars, or creatures that must be killed in a specific way). In PvP, 'Reap' had the same chance of removing a third of the opponent's current life points. The Reap special attack consumed 50% special attack energy. The special attack couldn't be attempted on NPCs above level 50. The chat box said "The Penance Trident only works on foes with a Combat Level less than 50." and no special attack energy was drained.
- The popularity of this weapon has dropped since the release of the staff of light, although it still remains a viable magic weapon if players are low on funds.
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower Zuriel's corrupt