Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||1 February 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||78,000 coins|
|Low alch||52,000 coins|
|Examine||A mage weapon made from the carcasses of Penance creatures (upgraded).|
The penance master trident is a staff from Barbarian Assault. It requires 70 Magic to wield, and provides players with stat bonuses identical to ahrim's staff. This weapon is an upgraded version of the regular penance trident, and requires 220 Honour Points in each role to purchase.
When wielded, it will provide infinite water runes similar to an elemental staff. Like the regular penance trident, it will also attempt to 'save' runes used in any spell:
- The trident finds out how many different rune types you are using for your spell.
- For each rune type the trident makes a 1 in 15 roll.
- If successful it will save all runes of that type.
For example, the spell Earth Blast requires 3 air runes and 3 earth runes; there is a 1 in 15 chance that once cast, your penance trident will save either 3 air runes or 3 earth runes. The penance trident cannot save only some of the runes of any rune type, it will either save none or all of any rune type.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Penance trident has a special attack called "Reap". It uses 50% adrenaline and causes 25-200% active spell damage.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
- Despite being a trident, the master penance trident is considered a staff.
- A trident is the weapon/symbol of the Greek/Roman mythological god Poseidon/Neptune.
- When casting a spell with the trident, it uses the casting animation for a wand, rather than for a staff.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the master penance trident, along with the penance trident, had a special attack called Reap, which gave a chance of instantly killing an enemy with a combat level less than 50 (not including players, bosses, summoning familiars, or creatures that must be killed in a specific way). In PvP, 'Reap' had the same chance of removing a third of the opponent's current life points. The Reap special attack consumed 50% special attack energy. The special attack couldn't be attempted on NPCs above level 50. The chat box said "The Penance Trident only works on foes with a Combat Level less than 50." and no special attack energy was drained.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the master penance trident, penance trident and staff of light are the only 3 magic weapon that have a special attack.
- The popularity of this weapon has dropped since the release of the staff of light.
- When killed in PvP 65k is dropped in place of the Penance master trident.