During the God Wars, over 4,000 years ago, many of those that died were trapped eternally in the Wilderness, their souls twisted by the evil magic and corruption that surrounds it. They were then forced into the Forinthry Dungeon as players took back the wilderness.
Today these creatures, known as Revenants, continue to hunt those who enter their area of the Forinthry Dungeon, doing whatever they can with their melee, magic, and ranged skills to eliminate anyone who happen to cross their paths. They tend to be much stronger than what their combat level suggests.
Revenants patrol the North-eastern room in the Forinthry Dungeon.
WARNING: The Forinthry Dungeon is a multi-combat, PVP-enabled area, meaning it is entirely possible for other players to attack you while fighting the revenants in the dungeon. Do not bring equipment that you are not willing to lose.
What to BringEdit
Depending on the player's choice, food can be varied. However, if meleeing, Super sets (attack and strength only) must be taken for faster damage rates. If one is maging, a Polypore staff should be used due to its cheapness and high damage output (at high magic levels and damage boosting magic abilities, players can hit 3000+ on Revenants). If one is ranging, a Crystal bow or Royal crossbow should be used for ammo/damage rate. Prayer potions are a must to prevent losing your most valuable item. A charged glory should be also taken at all costs to teleport from PK'ers or bank loots.
Here are a summary of weapons that may be useful for killing Revenants:
- Goliath Gloves: Equivalent stats to a whip, can be obtained for free and with little effort, allowing a player to take a special attack weapon without increased risk, and have a very effective (and rather annoying) effect that freezes players and drain their stats. The special is VERY good at deterring attackers.
- Godswords: Godswords are another powerful weapon against them. With the correct equipment, you can hit 600s as a regular hit on them, therefore one-hitting or two-hitting most of the Revenants. A Bandos godsword is used due to the cheap cost, a Zamorak one to stop PKers, a Saradomin for healing/prayer restore, and Armadyl for high hits.
- Zamorakian spear: One of the best weapons in RuneScape. The spear has a very high attack bonus (at an astounding 1712) and is also somewhat cheap. The fact that it is two-handed will mean players can use abilities like Meteor Strike and Pulverise that can deal very high damage against revenants, and the Smash ability to disable a PK'ers protection prayers (except Protect Item).
- Polypore staff: The Polypore staff is a decent magic weapon to bring to Revenants. It's already spell-charged, so no runes are needed. Magic does good damage against revenants and any melee PKers that may want to kill you.
- Royal crossbow: The crossbow is one of the best 2h crossbows in-game. However, due to the difficulty of parts (one must forge it on the Queen Black Dragon's fourth phase and semi-expensive parts), this is not recommended if the player fears using it. It only needs Royal bolts though, which are some of the best in-game.
- Crystal bow: Can be used due to no ammo being used when fighting Revenants, making ammo pointless and saving a large amount of money from bolts/arrows.
- Dragonhide: Dragonhide is the go-to armour for killing revenants. It's low cost, good all-round defense bonuses, and bonuses to Range accuracy (If anti-pking) are very helpful, and it can be easily re-obtained on death.
- Ganodermic: Some players choose to bring Ganodermic armour due to its high requirements (higher is better), and its semi-expensive prices. It provides a good magic bonus, but gives almost no bonuses to range defense.
- Batwing: Very cheap to afford and reclaim. Also provides decent lifepoint boost and armour.
- Vampyrism: Only really useful for those without Soul Split, it converts 5% of your damage to lifepoints and returns it to you..
- Penance: Very, very useful, can prevent smiting and save prayer throughout a trip to Revenants. This aura will reduce the effects of Smite to 5% drain, and will negate the effects of Soul Split. This makes it MUCH less likely that you will lose your protected item in an emergency.
- Dragon defender: The most useful offhand for revenant hunters. It gives good offensive bonuses, a great strength bonus, and can be re-obtained for free. (although many players consider it annoying). It is a very cheap off-hand weapon, and provides useful bonuses offensively and defensively.
- Smash: Disables a PK'ers combat protection prayers making it useful against rangers that attempt to use Protect/Deflect Melee when fighting you.
- Berserk: A higher damage rate as players can hit over 5000+ against the Revenants, having the potential to one, two or three-hit Revenants in rapid succession. It only lasts 20 seconds however, which is enough to unleash one threshold ability.
- Slaughter: 3x damage if the target moves from current spot. Useful when killing strong Revenants or PK'ers that try to flee from you.
- Backhand/Kick: Stun moves that are especially effective against PK'ers.
- Assault: Threshold ability that can deal very good damage (2000+) often on Revenants.
- Slice: Can deal good amounts of damage onto the Revenants.
- Dismember: Damage over time ability.
- Deadshot: Useful when rapidly removing chunks of lifepoints from Revenants or PK'ers.
- Incindary shot: Useful for dealing with powerful Revenants as it can deal up to 5000 damage onto them if it successfully hits.
- Chain: Useful for dealing with pockets of Revenants at once.
- Wrack: Basic magic ability.
- Freedom: Useful when you are stunned or bound by a PK'er.
- Anticipate: If used correctly, it will prevent any stuns or binds from putting you in place for a while.
- Single/Multi-Way Wilderness: Single-Way Wilderness will allow you to attack one Revenant at a time, meaning PK'ers will also be unable to pile you at once. However, there is a glitch where if the monster attacks you, you must wait until you are in the "idle" position to attack them again. Multi-Way Wilderness will mean much more faster kills, however it also increases your death chances as this allows for multiple players to pile you at once.
- Regenerate: For healing in-between combat.
The Revenants have various levels and that with different max hits and hitpoints. The lowest revenant has at 1500 hitpoints, while the highest have around 9600 hitpoints. They are weak to no type of attack, so players can freely use what weapon they would like.
Rewards from the Revenants may include:
- Brawling gloves (see Brawling gloves for more information)
- Ancient warrior's equipment. It may also come in corrupt version, but regular lasts 1 hour and has better stats then the corrupt which lasts for 15 minutes with worse stats. (execpt Morrigan's weapons, which have a different way (see Morrigan's javelin and Morrigan's throwing axe for more details)
- Corrupt dragon equipment (this has the same stats as regular dragon but only last for 30 minutes)
- Ancient artefacts, valuable items from 5000 to 5000000 coins worth.
- Try to never log in inside the Revenant area, you'll never know who will be there or if they are aggressive unless a clan or friend of yours is in there as they will not attack you.
- Don't bring rare or valuable items in the Wilderness. Not only will this cause greater losses upon death, but it will also make you a more tempting target for PKers. Such examples would be bringing a full set of Bandos, Torva or Tetsu.
- Always keep one source of level 30- teleport. Who knows who's going to attack you before you can get onto your senses! This is useful if you've skulled yourself or collected a valuable item, such as stackables.
- If you have time, log out in the revenant area and wait a moment. Most revenant pkers don't tend to notice players and won't camp waiting for you, and people will eventually come back after they are gone. If you log in one of the pathways and there are PKers, immediately log out because as soon as they start moving, their familiars will go after them and you'll be revealed. To tell if there are PKers around, in groups they tend to bring healing/storing familiars.
- Due to the fact that PKers tend to come in unannounced, always watch for 'scouts'. Scouts are players assigned in a group to go look for worlds with people killing revenants. If you're suspicious that you find a scout, immediately log out or leave the area as a PKer group will inevitably arrive and kill everyone there. A scout may often be identified as a player who is not killing revenants. Many scouts are low combat level (<50), but are easily told by their lack of armour or poor equipment.
- Revenants tend to drop a lot of coins, so pick them up if you want to. It is not recommended to unless you will teleport as soon as someone attacks you, as you will lose it all upon death, and coins cannot be stored in the Wilderness.
- If you don't have a Pak Yak, collect three items from Revenants and run for it to the nearest bank. This is not recommend if you are carrying Morrigan's weapons.
- If you want, you can just bring food and a good weapon with some super attack/strength. Most players tend to know that you won't have anything good with your one item, but they might still kill you because you're making it harder for them to get a valuable item.