Over 4,000 years ago, during the god wars, many of those that died were trapped eternally in the Wilderness, their souls twisted by the evil magic and corruption that surrounds it. They were then forced into the Forinthry Dungeon as players took back the wilderness.
Today these creatures, known as Revenants, continue to hunt those who enter their area of the Forinthry Dungeon, doing whatever they can with their melee, magic, and ranged skills to eliminate anyone who happen to cross their paths.
Revenants patrol the north-eastern room in the Forinthry Dungeon. This room covers levels 28-31 Wilderness.
WARNING: The Forinthry Dungeon is a PVP-enabled area, meaning it is entirely possible for other players to attack you while fighting the revenants in the dungeon. Do not bring equipment that you are not willing to lose.
When bringing armor, try to put it so that the revenant will either used ranged or melee against you. If you make yourself weak to magic attacks against the revenants, their magic attacks are capable of stunning you, which is far more tedious to deal with especially on Legacy Mode compared to their ranged or melee, which has no side effects (excluding the revenant dragon, who can poison with ranged).
Ranged is the most essential way to kill revenants. It is advised to wear ranged armour so they will either use melee or ranged against you.
The Ghost hunter equipment offers a damage bonus against ghosts depending on how many pieces of the armour set you have; one piece grants a 3% damage bonus, two pieces grant 6%, and three pieces grant 10%. Ghost hunter serves as a hybrid armour set, so revenants will only range you as long as your boots/gloves don't cause you to be weak to magic. You can get the set while killing revenants, so you do not have to kill other ghost-like creatures.
The recommended equipment below is from the most effective, to the most effective without the risk of losing too much.
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Ghost hunter goggles||Royal dragonhide coif||Black dragonhide coif||Red dragonhide coif||Blue dragonhide coif|
|Salve amulet (e)/Demon horn necklace||Salve amulet||Amulet of glory||Amulet of power||Amulet of accuracy|
|Ghost hunter backpack||Ava's alerter||Cape of legends||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter body||Royal dragonhide body||Black dragonhide body||Red dragonhide body||Blue dragonhide body|
|Ghost hunter legs||Royal dragonhide chaps||Black dragonhide chaps||Red dragonhide chaps||Blue dragonhide chaps|
|Hellfire bow||Noxious longbow||Dark bow||N/A||N/A|
|Jennica's ring||Ring of wealth||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Note: Hellfire bow is only if you want a relatively risk-free setup. You'll need to find the bow though, which can be anywhere in the Wilderness. Use the Wilderness swords to make finding the bow easier.
Melee has the advantage of stronger attacks which can easily decimate almost every revenant in combat.
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Ghost hunter goggles||Pathfinder hood||None||N/A||N/A|
|Salve amulet (e)/Demon horn necklace||Salve amulet||Amulet of glory||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter body||Pathfinder jacket||None||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter legs||Pathfinder trousers||None||N/A||N/A|
|Any main-hand drygore weapon||Blade of Nymora||Any main-hand chaotic weapon||N/A||N/A|
|Noxious scythe||Dragon Rider lance||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Any off-hand drygore weapon||Blade of Avaryss||Any off-hand chaotic weapon||N/A||N/A|
|Ring of wealth||None||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Antipoison++ - only if fighting the Revenant dragon, whose ranged attacks are poisonous and deals very high poison damage, which lasts two minutes.
- Forinthry brace - when used, makes the player immune to damage from revenants for one minute, and prevents aggression for one hour while staying in the dungeon.
- A familiar - A Beast of Burden is recommended, especially the Pack yak so you can send any potential non-stackable valuables to the bank while staying at the revenants.
- Food - Not needed with Soul Split and high level weaponry, but should be taken in the event that you take too much damage or are attacked by a PK'er.
- Potions - to increase combat stats when fighting and to restore prayer. Not needed with a demon horn necklace/attuned ectoplasmator but should be taken as a precaution.
Suggested healing abilitiesEdit
|Extremely useful if you are stunned or bound by a PK'er.|
|If used correctly, it will prevent any stuns or binds from putting you in place for a while.|
|For healing in-between combat.|
|Large healing, only should be used after a fight where you have almost no life points left.|
|While using ranged for healing without using food or Soulsplit.|
The Revenants have various levels and that with different max hits and life points. The lowest revenant has at 1500 life points, while the highest have around 10500 life points.
When killing Revenants, you'll will want to try and kill them quickly before they make your fight last long. Each revenant has 20 "food", which they start to consume once they fall below half health. The amount of hitpoints they recover is approximately 6% of their maximum hitpoints. If the player finds themselves in a prolonged fight with a revenant, continue attacking to deplete its' food supply.
Use of combos is not needed for the weaker revenants, which can easily die to simple basic or threshold abilities. Stronger revenants, which include the demon or higher, will need to be killed with combos.
- Snap shot, Rapid Fire, and Ricochet. The most effective way to quickly kill revenants is by using the Death's swiftness ability, which will drastically increase damage when the player is in it.
- Ensure that the revenant is not taking damage from the shroud, or they will rapidly heal off it much more harder to kill. The same also applies for Sunshine.
- Another effective way is by using the Balanced Strike ability, but this only works well when you are at low health and the revenant's health is high. Furthermore, you may miss against the stronger revenants (even with tier 90 weaponry) which can result in a waste of adrenaline.
What you may want to avoid when killing them is:
- Long combo attacks. The revenant may heal very quickly and waste your abilities.
- Any bleed except Slaughter. They will not deal enough damage to outdamage the healing proficiency of stronger revenants.
Drops from the Revenants include:
- Brawling gloves (see Brawling gloves for more information)
- Ancient warrior's equipment (and their corrupt counterparts)
- Corrupt dragon equipment
- Ancient artefacts, valuable items that can be traded to Mandrith or Nastroth from 5,000 to 5,000,000 coins worth.
- Avoid logging out in the dungeon, as it's possible that there are players waiting to kill you upon logging in.
- The revenant cave is a multi-combat zone. This means any number of players can attack you at once.
- Dual-wielding, while allowing faster kill rates, adds an extra item that you risk losing if killed by another player. Bringing a 2h weapon is safer for this area.
- Having a loot beam set to 50,000 coins can help identify several low-valued revenant drops better, as many of their drops are usually between 150,000 to 700,000 coins and can be missed if the loot beam is set at a high value.
- Bringing along a gold accumulator is not required but can help to pick up the common coin drops of the revenants. Any red dots you see on the minimap when one is brought along will allow the player to easily identify any potential drops.
- Completing the Elite Wilderness Tasks will increase the drop rate of ancient warrior equipment slightly.