Revenants patrol the north-eastern room in the Forinthry Dungeon. This room covers levels 28-31 Wilderness.
WARNING: The Forinthry Dungeon is a PVP-enabled area, meaning it is entirely possible for other players to attack you while fighting the revenants in the dungeon. Do not bring equipment that you are not willing to lose. It is highly recommended to set player settings to "Hidden" so that you do not accidentally attack another player and skull trick yourself.
If bringing armour, ensure that the armour you are wearing is either hybrid, range or magic-based, depending on your preferred combat style. This will ensure that the revenants will only use ranged and/or melee, based on your overhead prayers/curses and armour rating. If you use melee armour, the revenant will use magic attacks, which have a chance of binding and stunning the player for up to 3 seconds.
Players can opt between an enchanted salve amulet or a demon horn necklace. The enchanted salve amulet provides a 20% accuracy and damage increase against undead, which Revenants are classified as. The demon horn necklace can allow for players to stay for an unlimited amount of time, though this requires a charged attuned ectoplasmator and can potentially decrease the amount of profit gained from revenants.
The Ghost hunter equipment offers a damage bonus against ghosts depending on how many pieces of the armour set you have; one piece grants a 3% damage bonus, two pieces grant 6%, and three pieces grant 10%. Ghost hunter serves as a hybrid armour set, so revenants will only range you as long as your boots/gloves don't cause you to be weak to other styles of combat. You can get the pieces of this set from killing revenants, so there is no need to kill other ghost-like creatures to obtain it beforehand.
Ranged is the most essential way to kill revenants. It is advised to wear ranged armour so they will either use melee or ranged against you.
The cheapest inventory that you're willing to risk should consist of at least 1 to 2 Forinthry braces, and the rest of your inventory should be filled with food such as Monkfish or Sharks. You should also have some ranging potions on hand with your weapon, as even the hellfire bow can still miss against the the dark beast, knight and dragon relatively often if no boosts are used.
The recommended equipment below is from the most effective, to the most effective without the risk of losing too much.
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Ghost hunter goggles||Royal dragonhide coif||Black dragonhide coif||Red dragonhide coif||Blue dragonhide coif|
|Salve amulet (e)/Demon horn necklace||Salve amulet||Amulet of glory||Amulet of power||Amulet of accuracy|
|Ghost hunter backpack||Ava's alerter||Cape of legends||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter body||Royal dragonhide body||Black dragonhide body||Red dragonhide body||Blue dragonhide body|
|Ghost hunter legs||Royal dragonhide chaps||Black dragonhide chaps||Red dragonhide chaps||Blue dragonhide chaps|
|Hellfire bow||Noxious longbow||Royal crossbow||N/A||N/A|
|Jennica's ring||Ring of wealth||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Note: Hellfire bow is only if you want a relatively risk-free setup. However, players must first find the bow, which can be time consuming and potentially dangerous if someone is carrying it, as the wilderness sword only vaguely informs them of the quadrant it is at, and not the exact location. The bow may also be hidden in a secluded spot.
Melee has the advantage of stronger attacks which can easily decimate almost every revenant in combat.
Note: Dharok's set may be used for those on a low budget, as it is possible to kill revenants in one or two hits. The set is far more cheaper than tier 90 weaponry. Ensure that the Protect Item prayer/curse is active at all times, as there is a high chance of losing a piece if attacked by another player. If using Dharok's, your inventory will mostly consist of forinthry braces to nullify damage.
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Ghost hunter goggles||Pathfinder hood||None||N/A||N/A|
|Salve amulet (e)/Demon horn necklace||Salve amulet||Amulet of glory||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter body||Pathfinder jacket||None||N/A||N/A|
|Ghost hunter legs||Pathfinder trousers||None||N/A||N/A|
|Any main-hand drygore weapon||Blade of Nymora||Any main-hand chaotic weapon||N/A||N/A|
|Noxious scythe||Dragon Rider lance||Dharok's greataxe||N/A||N/A|
|Any off-hand drygore weapon||Blade of Avaryss||Any off-hand chaotic weapon||N/A||N/A|
|Ring of wealth||None||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Antipoison++ - only if fighting the Revenant dragon, whose ranged attacks are poisonous and deals very high poison damage, which lasts two minutes.
- Forinthry brace - when used, makes the player immune to damage from revenants for one minute, and makes them tolerant for one hour while staying in the dungeon.
- A familiar - A Beast of Burden is recommended, especially the Pack yak so you can send any potential non-stackable valuables to the bank while staying at the revenants.
- Food - Not needed with Soul Split and high level weaponry, but should be taken in the event that you take too much damage or are attacked by a PK'er.
- Potions - to increase combat stats when fighting and to restore prayer. Not needed with a demon horn necklace/attuned ectoplasmator but should be taken as a precaution.
- Shield switch with Mobile to escape from aggressive players.
Suggested healing abilitiesEdit
|Extremely useful if you are stunned or bound by a PK'er.|
|If used correctly, it will prevent any stuns or binds from putting you in place for a while.|
|For healing in-between combat.|
|Large healing, only should be used after a fight where you have almost no life points left.|
|While using ranged for healing without using food or Soulsplit.|
The Revenants have various levels and that with different max hits and life points. The lowest revenant has at 1500 life points, while the highest have around 10500 life points.
When killing Revenants, you'll will want to try and kill them quickly before they make your fight last long. Each revenant has 20 "food", which they start to consume once they fall below half health. The amount of life points they recover is approximately 6% of their maximum life points. If the player finds themselves in a prolonged fight with a revenant, continue attacking to deplete it’s food supply.
Use of combos is not needed for the weaker revenants, which can easily die to simple basic or threshold abilities. Stronger revenants, which include the demon or higher, will most likely need to be killed with them.
Drops from the Revenants include:
- Brawling gloves (see Brawling gloves for more information)
- Ancient warrior's equipment (and their corrupt counterparts)
- Corrupt dragon equipment
- Ancient artefacts, valuable items that can be traded to Mandrith or Nastroth for 5,000 to 5,000,000 coins depending on the rarity of the artefact.
- Avoid logging out in the dungeon, as it's possible that there are players waiting to kill you upon logging in.
- The revenant cave is a multi-combat zone. This means any number of players can attack you at once.
- Dual-wielding, while allowing faster kill rates, adds an extra item that you risk losing if killed by another player. Take weapons at your own risk.
- Having a loot beam set to 1,000 coins can help identify several low-valued revenant drops better, due to the random values of their drops.
- Bringing along a gold accumulator is not required but can help to pick up the common coin drops of the revenants. Any red dots you see on the minimap when one is brought along will allow the player to easily identify any potential drops.
- Completing the Elite Wilderness Tasks will increase the drop rate of revenant items by 5%, and a Revenant drop enhancer increases it by 10%. Both stack together for a 15% drop rate increase.