|Release date||19 July 2012 (Update)|
|XP per kill||no|
|Examine text||Solely interested in partying.|
The Party Demon is a special demon released for the RuneScape 200 million accounts celebration. According to Hey Presto, it is attracted by "The music of merriment, the fizz-bang of fireworks and the heady hullabaloo of a sumptuous shindig."
The Party Demon has a very high amount of health, but cannot damage players. The Boogie bow is the only weapon that can damage him. Attacking with any other weapon gives the message "Your attacks don't seem to affect the demon. Try asking Hey Presto..." To get the Boogie bow you have to speak with Hey Presto. Alternatively you can simply right click on him and select the 'Get weapon' option. It has a health of 200 million 'hitpoints', as Hey Presto says, rather than life points. Players usually hit between 10,000 and 30,000 damage, but they would occasionally get a golden hit which would be a multiple of 50,000. The maximum hit that the player can do to the Party Demon is 1,000,000. No experience is gained from attacking him. Once you have defeated him you can talk to Hey Presto to claim your 200m glasses.
After the player has participated in the event, they can speak to Hey Presto to be presented with a pair of 200m glasses.
The Party Demon will say one of the following phrases every time he performs his attack.
- "Where did you find the Boogie Bow? Damn you, Presto!"
- "That's not the way -uh huh, uh huh- I like it."
- "Feel the disco inferno!"
- "I will survive!"
- "I won't stop till I get enough!"
- Contrary to popular belief, the Party Demon does not drop anything after being killed a certain number of times.
- The Party Demon respawns by dropping from the sky.
- The demon's magic attack resembles a disco ball.
- The Party Demon quotes lyrics from 4 different songs:
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Trammps - Disco Inferno
- KC & the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- The Party Demon has 200 million lifepoints to compliment the 200 million accounts that have been created since the launch of RuneScape.
- According to Hey Presto, the demons are known for partying and have been known to be doing so for 200 million years, another reference to the 200 million player milestone.
- The Demon currently has the most lifepoints of any NPC in the game.
- Golden hitsplats are only shown to the player who dealt the hit.
- His hits will degrade Barrows armour.
|God Wars Dungeon|