|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||38 coins|
|Low alch||25 coins|
|Exchange||3,146 coins (info)|
Papaya fruit can be obtained from a Papaya tree using the farming skill, obtained by killing Jungle Strykewyrms or foraged with a Fruit bat familiar. Papaya can be eaten to heal 500 life points and restore 10 run energy, but they are not usually eaten due to their value.
The main uses for papaya fruit are:
- NPC farmers will watch palm trees, which can be grown with level 68 Farming, in exchange for 15 papaya. Because palm trees are commonly grown by players achieving high farming levels, this places large demand on papaya fruit.
- At level 66 Hunter the Pawya can only be caught with papaya as bait.
- Papaya are also used at 84 Herblore in combination with a Super energy potion to make an adrenaline potion, which restores 25% of the Adrenaline bar.
Many players choose to use papayas as a way to make money. By using the Fruit Bat familiar and its Fruitfall Scroll (requires 69 Summoning), players can cause fruit to appear around them. This fruit generally contains at least one papaya, which can then be gathered and sold for reasonable profit.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||37.3%|
- After the 7 October 2012 Herblore update that made Papaya a Herblore ingredient, the price rose from under 975 coins to 2000 in 11 days.
- Papayas restored 5 run energy instead of 10 before the Rest update.
|Fruit tree produce||