|Release date||1 June 2011 (Update)|
|Location||Varies; see below|
|Notable features||A powerful ranger|
Ozan is one of the seven Signature Heroes first announced in the Development Diary "Who are the Signature Heroes?" Not much is yet known about Ozan, though it is known that he will appear in a future quest. He features in the background of the RuneScape homepage that was released with Dungeoneering, which shows Ozan Dungeoneering with two of the other signature heroes, Ariane and Sir Owen. He appears to be a powerful ranged user. He was released in-game on the 1 June 2011 along with the Fremennik Sagas.
"Who are the Signature Heroes?" describes Ozan as being a good speaker, bold, and carefree.  He is a bard and tells embellished stories of his adventures, and those of others, emphasizing sensationalism over accuracy. He seems to be more concerned with fame than with doing what's right. It is shown in the Burthorpe tutorial that he possibly has a soft spot for cute and or harmless things. Ozan also tends to smile a lot.
In addition to being charismatic, seemingly able to affect others similarly to the Ring of Charos, Ozan has a high Agility level. In the Fremennik Saga Three's Company, he is shown to have a Constitution level of 30. In the RuneScape cinematic trailer, Ozan is shown wielding a primal longsword, a dragonfire shield, a staff of light, a chaotic crossbow, a zaryte bow and torva armour, showing he has 99 attack, at least 75 magic, 80 ranged, 80 defence, 80 strength, 80 constitution and 80 Dungeoneering (indirectly 95, as it is required to encounter Blink, the only source of primal longswords). He is shown at the Dominion Tower, indicating he has a combat level of at least 110. He is also seen wielding a dragon scimitar and a blisterwood polearm, which shows he has completed high-level quests such as Monkey Madness and at least started Branches of Darkmeyer. In one scene he is fighting a Ganodermic beast with Ariane in the Polypore dungeon, indicating him to have a slayer level of at least 95. Ozan might also have a decent Agility level, as he is able to slide around the ice in Three's Company, and avoid a swing from the troll in the cinematic trailer.
Ozan is also an accomplished thief, as revealed in one of his conversations in the Legends' Guild, his exploits including stealing artefacts from a museum on behalf of a private collector. Along with that, in the cinematic trailer, he is shown as a young boy stealing an apple from a vendor cart. This is also shown as he steals a diamond necklace. The Thieves' Guild also wishes that Ozan would join him
RuneScape cinematic trailer
Ozan plays a large role in the RuneScape cinementic trailer that could be watched here.
The trailer opens in the druidic city of Taverley, where Sir Owen and Ariane are talking on a balcony while Ozan wanders past a couple of girls in the street below.
Suddenly, a gigantic troll appears and wrecks havoc before charging straight at Ozan, who dodges the first swing of the troll's enormous axe, but the scene changes to an Ozan's flashback when he couldn't evade the second strike.
He is shown as as small boy in the streets of Burthorpe and Taverley, where he stole an apple from a stall.
When he is older, he is shown dabbling in smithing along with Linza; battling giant rats and goblins in steel armour; fighting off a horde of skeletons along with Sir Owen, with a dragon scimitar, in the Wilderness Volcano; joining forces with the Imperial Guard against trolls; fighting against a demon with Raptor; defending himself from the dragonfire of two red dragons with a dragonfire shield at Red Dragon Isle, while wielding a primal longsword he somehow smuggled out of Daemonheim; fending off three vampyres with a blisterwood polearm; fleeing from a Grifolaroo in the Polypore Dungeon; torching what seems to be a skeleton with a cast of Fire Surge narrowly avoided by Karil the Tainted while wielding a staff of light; aiming a zaryte bow at the TzTok-Jad; entering the Dominion Tower; being chased by a couple of ghasts in the Mort Myre Swamp; standing atop the Grand Tree; shooting a ganodermic beast with a chaotic crossbow accompanied by Ariane while the Ramokee Skinweaver watches; standing in front of the entrance to the TzHaar City; standing in front of the Burthorpe castle; walking in the streets of Darkmeyer wearing full Darkmeyer disguise; having his path blocked by two TzHaar-Kets; sneaking up behind a troll; walking towards the stairs leading to the upper floor of the Daemonheim castle; running from two fungal magi; holding a sword in front of himself in an unknown area; gazing into the portal to a clan citadel; jumping over the Wilderness wall to face two skeletons; standing behind two vampyres in Darkmayer, again with full Darkmeyer disguise; standing outside what seems to be the Body Altar; walking into the Draynor market; walking towards an arch adorned with a dragon's head in yet another unknown location; standing in front of a door in what seems to be the Barrows area; digging at a Barrows mound; 8 scenes flashes by, but there are simply blurred versions of the last 8 scenes before them; the flashback ends with a scene of Ariane, Sir Owen, Ozan, Raptor and several unidentified characters surrounded by a huge army of monsters, including, but not limited to: a horde of skeletons, TzTok-Jad, at least three unidentified demons, a big troll and many more characters that are too blurry to be identified. Among the creatures, the elusive Stone of Jas stood behind one of the demons.
The Raptor saves Ozan by slamming into the troll's axe shield-first. As the troll attempts to grab him, Sir Owen leaps off the balcony railing and smashes its right arm to little effect, and is shoved aside into a pillar. Ariane seizes her chance and hit it with a continuous stream of ice, freezing it solid. Ozan then shoots an arrow into the creature's chest, shattering it into blocks of frozen troll.
After the RuneScape icon appears and disappears, three more trolls are seen charging.
Many of the later scenes of Ozan's flashback flashes by too fast to be seen clearly; for a slowed-down version, see this video.
Ozan can be found in many places throughout the world of RuneScape.
Places where he may stop by in passing include:
- Outside the South Entrance of Varrock Palace.
- Inside the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock.
- In the Ranging Guild.
- In a bar in the Bandit Camp.
- "The Other Inn" on Mos Le'Harmless.
- On Ice Mountain.
- Near the crossroads just north of Falador.
- In the Rusty Anchor at Port Sarim.
- At the Thieves Guild with Darren and Robin.
- Upstairs in the Rising Sun Inn in Falador.
Places where Ozan may always be found include:
- On the balcony of the Heroes' Guild with all the Signature Heroes except The Raptor.
- On the second floor of the Champions' Guild with all the other Signature Heroes.
- On the first floor of the Legends' Guild with all the other Signature Heroes. In this location, he sometimes plays a version of the first section of The Beatles song With a Little Help From My Friends when the player first gets to his floor.
Places where Ozan may be found only once include:
- Speaking to a Guard in Varrock Square.
- Breaking out of the jail in Port Sarim.
- Entering Daemonheim with Ariane and Sir Owen.
- Within the Thieves' Guild, talking to Darren Lightfinger.
Quest and Miniquest Appearances
He also plays a role in the Burthorpe tutorial, where he shoots down a troll that ambushes and kills two Imperial Guards. He then follows the player to a troll general, which he helps bring down, and finds a baby troll, which he nearly shoots before changing his mind.
- The homepage background that features Ariane, Ozan and Sir Owen was released one and a half months before they were announced.
- Darren Lightfinger says he wishes he could have convinced Ozan to join the Thieves' Guild at the start of Buyers and Cellars. When speaking to Ozan, he mentions your work for Darren Lightfinger, and says he needs to step up his game; he mentions stealing the River Salve.
- When speaking to him, after completing The Blood Pact, he says something about going out with Ilona and says that you "recused" her. This spelling error has been fixed.
- When examining Ozan, it states that he wrote his examine info himself.
- During Three's Company, he has 300 life points. In Troll Warzone, he is shown to have roughly 100 life points, but 80 consitution is required to wield torva armour, which he did in the trailer.
- When trying to do Home Teleport while on ice in the Myths of the White Lands quest, you get a game message telling you 'You need to talk to Ozan'.
- In the RuneScape cinematic trailer Ozan has white skin with blue eyes but in game he has brown skin with brown eyes.
- Ozan is a Turkish and Arabic name, since he was born in Al Kharid this may indicate middle eastern influence.
- In two of the scenes in the trailer, he is shown to wield an arrow on his left hand.
- At the one-time meeting with Ozan at Varrock Square, if you walk out of the conversation after Ozan says you are his accomplice, Ozan will disappear and the guard will suddenly not want to arrest you.