|Release date||1 June 2011 (Update)|
|Location||Varies; see below|
|Notable features||A powerful ranger|
Ozan is one of the seven Signature Heroes first announced in the Development Diary "Who are the Signature Heroes?" Not much is yet known about Ozan, though it is known that he will appear in a future quest. He features in the background of the RuneScape homepage that was released with Dungeoneering, which shows Ozan Dungeoneering with two of the other signature heroes, Ariane and Sir Owen. He appears to be a powerful ranged user. He was released in-game on the 1 June 2011 along with the Fremennik Sagas.
"Who are the Signature Heroes?" describes Ozan as being a good speaker, bold, and carefree.  He is a bard and tells embellished stories of his adventures, and those of others, emphasizing sensationalism over accuracy. He seems to be more concerned with fame than with doing what's right. It is shown in the Burthorpe tutorial that he possibly has a soft spot for cute and or harmless things. Ozan also tends to smile a lot.
In addition to being charismatic, seemingly able to affect others similarly to the Ring of Charos, Ozan is very agile.
Ozan is also an accomplished thief, as revealed in one of his conversations in the Legends' Guild, his exploits including stealing artefacts from a museum on behalf of a private collector. Along with that, in the cinematic trailer, he is shown as a young boy stealing an apple from a vendor cart. This is also shown as he steals a diamond necklace. The Thieves' Guild also wishes that Ozan would join them.
In a lore story, The Rising Sun - Ozan's Tale, it is revealed that he is exiled from Al Kharid after being accused of attempting to steal a gigantic diamond. He also met Leela and her father, Osman on the way.
RuneScape cinematic trailer
Ozan plays a large role in the RuneScape cinematic trailer that could be watched here.
The trailer opens in the druidic city of Taverley, where Sir Owen and Ariane are talking on a balcony while Ozan wanders past a couple of girls in the street below.
Suddenly, a gigantic troll appears and wrecks havoc before charging straight at Ozan, who dodges the first swing of the troll's enormous axe, but the scene changes to a flashback when he couldn't evade the second strike.
The Raptor saves Ozan by slamming into the troll's axe shield-first. As the troll attempts to grab him, Sir Owen leaps off the balcony railing and smashes its right arm to little effect, and is shoved aside into a pillar. Ariane seizes her chance and hit it with a continuous stream of ice, freezing it solid. Ozan then shoots an arrow into the creature's chest, shattering it into blocks of frozen troll.
After the RuneScape icon appears and disappears, three more trolls are seen charging.
Ozan can be found in many places throughout the world of RuneScape.
Places where he may stop by in passing include:
- Outside the South Entrance of Varrock Palace.
- Inside the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock.
- In the Ranging Guild.
- In a bar in the Bandit Camp.
- "The Other Inn" on Mos Le'Harmless.
- On Ice Mountain.
- Near the crossroads just north of Falador.
- In the Rusty Anchor at Port Sarim.
- Upstairs in the Rising Sun Inn in Falador.
Places where Ozan may always be found include:
- On the first floor of the Champions' Guild with Xenia, Ariane and Ozan. (Before Heroes' Quest is completed)
- On the balcony of the Heroes' Guild with Xenia, Ariane, Ozan and Linza. (Before Legends' Quest is completed)
- On the first floor of the Legends' Guild with all the Signature Heroes. (After Legends' Quest is completed)
Places where Ozan may be found only once include:
- Speaking to a Guard in Varrock Square.
- Entering Daemonheim with Ariane and Sir Owen. (Before starting Three's Company)
Quest and Miniquest Appearances
He also plays a role in the Burthorpe tutorial, where he shoots down a troll that ambushes and kills two Imperial Guards. He then follows the player to a troll general, which he helps bring down, and finds a baby troll, which he nearly shoots before changing his mind.
Located in the northern area of Draynor Village, the quest Stolen Hearts can be started by talking to Ozan. He wants you to investigate the Skulls, a gang run by Khnum. The quest replaced Prince Ali Rescue.
Diamond in the Rough
A members quest that can be started by talking to Osman directly after finishing Stolen Hearts.
- The homepage background that features Ariane, Ozan and Sir Owen was released one and a half months before they were announced.
- Darren Lightfinger says he wishes he could have convinced Ozan to join the Thieves' Guild at the start of Buyers and Cellars. When speaking to Ozan, he mentions your work for Darren Lightfinger, and says he needs to step up his game; he mentions stealing the River Salve.
- When examining Ozan, it states that he wrote his examine info himself.
- During Three's Company, he has 300 life points. In Troll Warzone, he is shown to have roughly 100 life points, but 80 constitution is required to wield torva armour, which he did in the trailer.
- When trying to do Home Teleport while on ice in the Myths of the White Lands quest, you get a game message telling you 'You need to talk to Ozan'.
- In the RuneScape cinematic trailer Ozan has white skin with blue eyes but in game he has brown skin with brown eyes.
- In two of the scenes in the trailer, he is shown to wield an arrow on his left hand.
- At the one-time meeting with Ozan at Varrock Square, if you walk out of the conversation after Ozan says you are his accomplice, Ozan will disappear and the guard will suddenly not want to arrest you.
- There is currently a glitch where up to three Ozans appear.
- If talked to after the completion of Gunnar's Ground, there is a chance Ozan will talk about that quest. His second line of chat is "I guess that means no more nights out on the town with her. All the times she drank me under the table at the Blue Moon Inn..." which is a reference to a popular movie.