Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||17 May 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||10,334 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ancient ogre bones from the ogre burial tomb.|
Ourg bones are used to train the Prayer skill. When buried, they give 140 Prayer experience. Ourg bones can be obtained by either stealing them from Ogre coffins via the Thieving skill or using keys dropped by Zogres and Skogres on nearby chests. They are also a possible loot from Zombie Implings and can also be dropped by General Graardor. Although General Graardor's bones look different, and are treated as a completely different item on the Grand Exchange, they still give the same amount of experience when buried. Ourg bones give the second highest amount of Prayer experience of any re-obtainable bone, following frost dragon bones.
While training, multiple dragon bones can be bought for the price of one Ourg bone. Just two dragon bones gives 144 experience, which is 4 more experience than a single Ourg bone. If inventory space is an issue, Ourg bones may be a more suitable choice, especially if using on a house altar or the Ectofuntus.
They give 490 prayer experience when used on a gilded altar with both incense burners lit, and 560 prayer experience when used with the Ectofuntus. It is advised to sell Ourg Bones that you get from an Ogre Coffin rather than using them because of their high price/experience.
Dropping monsters Edit
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||38.4%|
Cost and XP AnalysisEdit
|Experience||140||490||560||630 (Total)||350 (Prayer) + 280 (FM)|
|Cost per XP||-73.8||-21.1||-18.5||-16.4 (Total)||-29.5 (Prayer) or -36.9 (FM)|
- It is assumed that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar and does not include the cost of clean marrentill.
- In the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor, there is a Bandos unit available called "Ourg" with an image extremely similar to Graardor. When Armies of Gielinor was first released, it was unconfirmed that Graardor was actually Ourg, however it has since been confirmed in Postbag from the Hedge 39 and with the addition of Ourg bones to Graardor's drops.
- Slash Bash, the boss from Zogre Flesh Eaters may very well be an undead Ourg. He drops three Ourg bones.
- These are the only set of buriable bones that have more than 1 image.
- These are one of the only items, along with cabbage, that as of yet has two completely different GE images and pages.
- Since Jagex added these bones to the drop list of General Graardor, the value has dropped by around 20%.
- These held the accolade of being the best set of re-obtainable bones for just over 5 years, until the Dungeoneering Update where its record was broken by the Frost dragon bones by 40 experience.
- When burying the Ourg bones around Zogres, there is a chance that you will gain no xp, lose the bones and have a Zogre resurrected that is aggressive towards you.