|Release||17 May 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||12,484 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ancient ogre bones from the ogre burial tomb.|
Ourg bones are the remains of ourgs used to train the Prayer skill. When buried, they give 140 Prayer experience. Ourg bones can be obtained by either stealing them from Ogre coffins via the Thieving skill or using keys dropped by Zogres and Skogres on nearby chests. They are also a possible loot from Zombie Implings. Ourg bones give the second highest amount of Prayer experience of any re-obtainable bone, following frost dragon bones.
Dragon bones may be a more economical choice when training Prayer, as each ourg bone is worth 8 dragon bones, giving 563 Prayer experience compared to the ourg bone's 140 Prayer experience.
They give 490 prayer experience when used on a gilded altar with both incense burners lit, and 560 prayer experience when used with the Ectofuntus. It is advised to sell Ourg Bones that you get from an Ogre Coffin rather than using them because of their high price/experience.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||38.4%|
Cost and XP AnalysisEdit
|Experience||140||490||560||630 (Total)||350 (Prayer) + 280 (FM)|
|Cost per XP||-89.2||-25.5||-22.3||-19.8 (Total)||-35.7 (Prayer) or -44.6 (FM)|
- It is assumed that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar and does not include the cost of clean marrentill.
- These held the accolade of being the best set of re-obtainable bones for just over 5 years, until the Dungeoneering Update where its record was broken by the frost dragon bones by 40 experience.
- When burying the ourg bones around zogres, there is a chance that a zogre will spawn. If this happens, no Prayer experience is awarded and the item is lost.