|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 124 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,873 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 330 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 370 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,886
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam 1 Common 428 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 127 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 35 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 83 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 2,631 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,182 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 3,957 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,686 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,026 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 6,764 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 6,858
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 4 Common 192 Cosmic rune 2 Common 564 Law rune 2 Common 868 Death rune 2 Uncommon 704 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,820–3,640 Blood rune 2 Rare 988
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Ruby ring 1 Uncommon 940 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 585 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 22
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,056 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,101 Uncut ruby 1 Common 2,862 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,100 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,107 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,266 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 13,010 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,961 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,620 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,015 Rune javelin 5 Rare 870 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,377 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,451 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,781 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,574,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,340 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,804 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,602 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,243 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 11,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,950 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 95,152 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,758 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 65,700–91,980 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,100–88,340 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 560 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 416 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 21,840–29,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,860 Law rune 45 Rare 19,530 Death rune 50 Rare 17,600 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,700 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 56,375–112,750 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 282,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 88,500–106,200 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 151,250–192,500 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 198,150–330,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,058,700 Rune bar 1 Common 14,165 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 708,250 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 117,530–151,110 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 111,480–130,060 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 87,952–186,898 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 1,464 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 15,386 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,653 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 476,637–1,112,153 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,438,630 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 159,750–195,250 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace