|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 114 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,111 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 285 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 452 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,858
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 979 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 83 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 34 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 186 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 3,654 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,794 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,749 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,713 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,955 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 10,325 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 12,357
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 164 Cosmic rune 2 Common 504 Law rune 2 Common 544 Death rune 2 Uncommon 338 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,500–3,000 Blood rune 2 Rare 644
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 1,490 Gold bar 1 Rare 89 Mackerel 1 Rare 14 Ruby ring 1 Rare 908
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,368 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,997 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,806 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,487 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 43,434 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,516 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,710 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,438 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 23,920 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,386 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,311 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,975 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 821,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,436 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,191 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,290 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,080 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 22,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,265,850 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,622,200 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,630,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,084,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,881 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,892 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 77,100–107,940 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,375–112,525 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 960 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 303 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,000–24,000 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,280 Law rune 45 Rare 12,240 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 8,450–20,449 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,100 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 46,000–368,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 406,000–812,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 90,600–302,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 32,700–1,635,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 323,100–1,723,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,155,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,165,000–22,155,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,398–2,159,700 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 122,760 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 120,275–1,202,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 146,490–585,960 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 76,080–760,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 178,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,913 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,615–3,430,750 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 153,198–1,072,386 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,001,410 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,319 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 23,156–717,836 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,242 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 23,450–9,380,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace