|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 121 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,955 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 300 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 452 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,808
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 718 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 94 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 35 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 165 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 3,038 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,789 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,356 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 4,497 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,130 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 8,906 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 9,828
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 164 Cosmic rune 2 Common 532 Law rune 2 Common 620 Death rune 2 Uncommon 360 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,400–2,800 Blood rune 2 Rare 572
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 2,202 Gold bar 1 Rare 89 Mackerel 1 Rare 21 Ruby ring 1 Rare 943
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,318 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,707 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,697 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,310 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,967 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 39,712 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,617 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,122 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,403 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,212 Rune javelin 5 Rare 875 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,200 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,208 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,355 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,123 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 820,150 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,211 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,544 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,258 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,109 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 16,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,150 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,591,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 89,644 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,788 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 100,500–140,700 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 100,675–140,945 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 1,004 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 277 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,600–22,400 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,400 Law rune 45 Rare 13,950 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 9,000–21,780 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,300 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,250–394,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 438,500–877,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 91,350–304,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 35,550–1,777,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 268,500–1,432,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,500 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,114,100 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,000,000–21,000,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,228–711,400 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 134,025–1,340,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 129,150–516,600 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 89,700–897,000 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,967 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 69,344–3,467,200 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 116,711–816,977 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,147,970 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,574 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,650–8,260,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace