|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 129 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,825 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 315 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 413 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,895
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam 1 Common 420 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 98 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 29 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 79 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 2,312 Grimy irit 1 Rare 1,709 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 3,164 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 2,861 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,757 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 7,266 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 7,264
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 4 Common 208 Cosmic rune 2 Common 524 Law rune 2 Common 876 Death rune 2 Uncommon 572 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,540–3,080 Blood rune 2 Rare 984
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Ruby ring 1 Uncommon 901 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 831 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 27
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,385 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,535 Uncut ruby 1 Common 2,910 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,550 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 32,626 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,365 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,622 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,167 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,602 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,267 Rune javelin 5 Rare 910 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,287 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,281 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,976 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,565,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,135 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,757 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,813 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,243 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,262,550 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,800 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 96,512 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,553 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,400–88,760 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,250–88,550 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 684 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 462 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 17,000–25,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 18,480–24,640 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,280 Law rune 45 Rare 19,710 Death rune 50 Rare 14,300 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,600 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 62,125–124,250 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 284,500 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 83,550–100,260 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–168,700 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 198,150–330,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,900 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,124,700 Rune bar 1 Common 14,107 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 705,350 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 116,025–149,175 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 102,990–120,155 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 88,272–187,578 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,389 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 19,111 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,679 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 486,141–1,134,329 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,234,910 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 163,800–200,200 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace