|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 121 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,821 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 315 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 468 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,868
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 686 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 192 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 38 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 160 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 2,891 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,690 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,270 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,651 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,167 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 8,916 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 9,050
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 172 Cosmic rune 2 Common 664 Law rune 2 Common 966 Death rune 2 Uncommon 430 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,450–2,900 Blood rune 2 Rare 654
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 2,099 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 30 Ruby ring 1 Rare 912
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,332 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,723 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,596 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,964 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,850 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 62,304 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,413 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,486 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,343 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,112 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,523 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,486 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,048 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 817,150 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,359 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,551 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,022 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,997 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,200 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,800–76,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,564,200 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 102,171 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 15,482 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 118,125–165,375 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 111,675–156,345 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 978 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 375 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,000–240,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,800–23,200 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,860 Law rune 45 Rare 21,735 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 10,750–26,015 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,350 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,375–395,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 387,500–775,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 98,700–329,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 37,050–1,852,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 346,800–1,849,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,049,100 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,061,000–21,427,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 13,926–696,300 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 108,425–1,084,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 148,200–592,800 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 86,180–861,800 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,547 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,781–3,389,050 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 145,806–1,020,642 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,152,270 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,172 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 19,750–7,900,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace