|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 186 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,400 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 315 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 609 Rune mace 1 Very rare 8,273
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 361 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 56 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 168 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 463 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 2,244 Grimy irit 1 Rare 1,863 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 3,940 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 2,183 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,156 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 7,886 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 9,087
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 168 Cosmic rune 2 Common 284 Law rune 2 Common 380 Death rune 2 Uncommon 334 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 575–1,150 Blood rune 2 Rare 578
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–401 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 199 Gold bar 1 Rare 141 Mackerel 1 Rare 15 Ruby ring 1 Rare 1,088
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,110 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 10,649 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,280 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,457 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,857 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,240 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,963 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,049 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 842,850 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,283 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,692 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 20,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,606 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,050–26,670 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 50,400–70,560 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 175 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 195 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,405–8,855 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,450 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,250–290 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 256,500–513,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 68,100–227,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,850–1,942,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,824,000–19,768,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,017–1,952,550 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 85,700–857,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 103,980–415,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 163,646–981,876 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,043,290 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,087 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 52,500–10,500,000
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace