|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 132 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,565 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 300 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 431 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,846
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam 1 Common 496 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 98 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 41 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 139 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 3,282 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,885 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,554 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,977 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,407 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 8,800 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 8,857
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 4 Common 180 Cosmic rune 2 Common 612 Law rune 2 Common 770 Death rune 2 Uncommon 452 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,460–2,920 Blood rune 2 Rare 878
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 1,088 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 28 Ruby ring 1 Rare 993
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,309 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,748 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,341 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,805 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 32,238 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 39,390 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 16,201 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,311 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,499 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,238 Rune javelin 5 Rare 890 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,198 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,315 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,605 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,513,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,272 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,603 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,792 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,080 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,268,550 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 112,856 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,165 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 139,575–195,405 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 134,575–188,405 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 840 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 517 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 16,000–24,000 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,520–23,360 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,120 Law rune 45 Rare 17,325 Death rune 50 Rare 11,300 Blood rune 50 Rare 21,950 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 53,875–107,750 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 340,500 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 87,750–105,300 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 136,950–174,300 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 285,450–475,750 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,900 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,054,300 Rune bar 1 Common 13,910 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 695,500 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 143,570–184,590 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 150,510–175,595 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 130,672–277,678 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,443 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 29,470 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,655 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 412,698–962,962 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,123,210 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 165,600–202,400 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace