|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 128 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 7,862 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 315 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 475 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,794
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 639 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 152 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 44 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 148 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 3,399 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,581 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,565 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,460 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,417 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 9,329 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 9,348
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 172 Cosmic rune 2 Common 614 Law rune 2 Common 1,056 Death rune 2 Uncommon 534 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,455–2,910 Blood rune 2 Rare 730
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 1,568 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 30 Ruby ring 1 Rare 934
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350;3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,323 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,865 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,437 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,788 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,445 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 45,120 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,552 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,564 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,393 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,197 Rune javelin 5 Rare 850 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,492 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,458 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,374 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,572,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,197 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,639 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,814 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,208 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 14,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,267,050 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,975 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,616 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 133,900–187,460 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 126,900–177,660 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 991 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 346 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,460–23,280 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,420 Law rune 45 Rare 23,760 Death rune 50 Rare 13,350 Blood rune 50 Rare 18,250 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 50,250–100,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 366,250 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 97,650–117,180 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,000–168,000 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 324,000–540,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,061,200 Rune bar 1 Common 13,675 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 683,750 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 155,505–199,935 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 141,060–164,570 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 142,912–303,688 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,555 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 41,717 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,023 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 427,980–998,620 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,101,940 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 175,500–214,500 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace