|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||138 (and 45.5 experience)|
|Examine text||Looks pretty otherworldly to me!|
Otherworldly beings are found in the south-west of Zanaris, south of the range.
They used to be popular monsters due to the chance of their dropping dragon helms and their close proximity to a bank. However, this was back when the helms were very rare and above 1 million coins in price. Due to the frustrating and constant mini-random events in Zanaris, the Otherworldly beings are not commonly fought. They are located just South of the bank and cooking range in a separate room. Good gear is recommended for lower and higher levels as they can frequently hit 60s and 70s, therefore it is recommended you have good food (such as monkfish or sharks).
Slayer masters give the following advice for this creature: "Otherworldly Beings are ethereal beings making them weak to ranged attacks."
- The best places to safe spot them is in both crooks of the nearby pond (on the North and the South side respectively).
- Hold them behind obstacles like the large trees and the space between the pink flower bush and the pond, which is impassable, providing a very easy way to safe spot. You must be careful to attack when the Otherworldly Being is walking away, and not around, the bush or you'll find yourself running around the bush to attack.
- Wait until a fairy has positioned itself in an open area, where the 8 squares around it are unblocked, then talk to the fairy without walking through it. You can then attack an Otherworldly being on the other side of the fairy. As long as you don't walk away from the fairy, it will stay next to you where it is, blocking the path of the Otherworldly being. As long as you don't walk through the fairy, the Otherworldly being will not be able to walk through it.
- Simply use the pond itself as an obstacle; Trap the beings diagonally, or directly opposite from you and attack them with the combat style you are using, However, Otherworldly beings have the tendency to flee, so players must be aware that their character may give chase.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril mace 1 Uncommon 115 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,109 Mithril arrow 15 Rare 300 Adamant hatchet 1 Rare 454 Rune mace 1 Very rare 7,816
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 713 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 73 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 36 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 194 Grimy ranarr 1 Rare 3,111 Grimy irit 1 Rare 2,685 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,998 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 4,892 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,753 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 10,171 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 12,626
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 4 Common 164 Cosmic rune 2 Common 560 Law rune 2 Common 642 Death rune 2 Uncommon 316 Nature rune 5,10 Uncommon 1,530–3,060 Blood rune 2 Rare 628
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15–479 Common Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 1,349 Gold bar 1 Rare 90 Mackerel 1 Rare 15 Ruby ring 1 Rare 960
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,532 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,097 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,742 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,345 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 18,233 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,955 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,529 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,834 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 15,618 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,236 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,160 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,385 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,317 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,385 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 780,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,208 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 30,926 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,390 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,477 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,000 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 21,450–71,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,621,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,565,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,361,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 99,273 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,370 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 82,825–115,955 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 81,850–114,590 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 1,054 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 409 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,000–300,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,120–24,480 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,040 Law rune 45 Rare 14,445 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 7,900–19,118 Blood rune 50 Rare 15,700 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,250–394,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 385,000–770,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 92,100–307,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 33,600–1,680,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 366,750–1,956,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,160,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,439,000–24,073,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,426–2,163,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 110,154 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 120,125–1,201,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 146,280–585,120 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 77,020–770,200 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 230,500 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,789 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,026–3,351,300 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 157,923–1,105,461 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,067,760 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,451 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 24,543–760,833 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,464 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 25,200–10,080,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Otherwordly beings received a graphical update along with Zanaris on 13 May 2010. Prior to the graphical update, Otherworldy beings were apparently invisible beings, and hence appeared as floating Dark Wizard robes. However, after the update they now have visible body parts.
- Their old examine text was: Is he invisible or just a set of floating clothing?
- If a Zanaris random event is triggered which renders you temporarily unable to attack (like turning into a pig or a chicken, performing the Dance emote) and you are in combat with an Otherworldly being, the Otherworldly being continues to attack, hitting for no damage. You are unable to retaliate, however.
- In Runescape Classic, Otherworldly beings dropped 2 coins each kill.
- If under a raincloud, it will disappear.
- Irksol, an Otherworldly being in the Zanaris Marketplace