|Release date||20 June 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can retrive this item from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A sharp blade from the Eastern Lands.|
An ornate katana is a vanity item offered as an occasional in-game benefit from RuneScape Game Cards. This item used to be available in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia as a bonus for redeeming a membership card during the promotional period. The item would have been automatically placed in the player's bank and if they didn't have enough space, Diango would give it to the player. If it is lost, another may be reclaimed from Diango. The katana can be kept after the subscription has ended, but it is a members-only item.
This is the second item which can only be obtained by paying real world money e.g. dollars and pounds (after the flagstaff of festivities). The ornate katana was available for players in the United Kingdom who purchased a 90-day membership card between 8th and 31st of July 2011 or by purchasing the gold membership package between 20 December 2012 and 31 January 2013. According to the Update FAQ, the katana will also be used for other promotions, and was able to be obtained a second time for purchasing a 30 day subscription through Game's GAMEwallet scheme. It was also available for a third time after buying and redeeming either the premium or deluxe packs from MCM Expo London 2012.
It is identical in every aspect to a bronze 2h sword, other than appearance and wielding stance.
A player wielding the ornate katana
|[view] • [talk]|
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the animation for an ornate katana's stab attack is simply a different slash attack.
- Game cards purchased from GameStop before the promotion event began also contained katana as long as the cards were activated during the event.
- Due to the way a player stands whilst wielding an ornate katana, the player's cape (if worn), goes through their left foot. This glitch has yet to be fixed.
- Currently, there have only been four time periods in which an ornate katana was obtainable.
- The ornate katana is one of only three katana in the game, the other two being the auspicious and golden katana.
- There is currently a glitch when you activate the festive aura with the ornate katana sheathed. The light on your main hand shows an outline of where the blade would be if it were unsheathed and was a one-handed sword.
- Unknown if intentional, but the Ornate Katana has a blade and guard remeniscent of the legendary sword Derflinger from the anime 'Zero no Tsukaima'.
Vanity items and membership thanks gifts
|Membership thanks gifts||