|Location||Uzer Hunter Area|
|Preferred bait||Marrentill tar|
|Examine||Slightly slimy but kind of cute.|
Hunting orange salamanders Edit
Orange salamanders are found in the Kharidian Desert, so the following equipment is recommended:
- Marrentill tar for bait.
- Broomstick (enchanted by the Sorceress' Apprentice).
- Desert clothing, such as the desert robe top, bottoms, and boots.
- Supply of run energy, such as the level 3 Explorer's ring or Energy Potions.
- Water source, such as 4-8 waterskins, or an enchanted water tiara (requires the completion of Dealing with Scabaras).
- 3-5 sets of small fishing nets and ropes.
- One or more arrows of any type, to quickly get your marrentil tar back if accidentally equipped.
- Dramen or Lunar staff (not needed if completed Fairy tale III)
You shall notice that if you use the Humidfy spell from the Lunar speelbook , you can use it to refill waterskins. When using this method you may bring the full set of Graahk fur, which will function like a camoflage and increase the xp/hr. If you're using this method alongside with an Arctic Bear at level 75 hunter, it is possible to get more than 100k experience per hour at orange salamanders.
From Shantay Pass, head east then south and cross the bridge. Go east until you find the hunting grounds. Click on a Young Tree to set a trap.
Orange salamanders do not sell quickly or for much, so it is recommended that you catch and release the salamanders for faster hunter experience. If you wish to keep them, you will need to bank frequently.
If you have access to the Dominion Tower you should simply run to the bank in the tower, and then run back. This requires a Combat Level of at least 110, and a variety of quests.
For those who don't have access to the Tower, simply operate the broomstick to fly to the Sorceress's Garden, which is the closest place to a bank and to the Shantay Pass, where you can start your next run.
An alternative is to use the fairy ring just south of the Hunter area, code DLQ, and head north. This can also be used as a quick way to access facilities to refill waterskins and bank.
This may be dangerous to low level players due to the proximity to the Desert Lizards.