Graphics optionsEditGraphic settings lets player to choose preferable and best setup to play RuneScape with.
The current options for manual setup are:
The first 4 options are presets of the graphical display options. The custom option allows further manually to fill in the desired selections.
The screen size may be adjusted as follows:
- Fullscreen - This display can be gained by becoming a member.
- Display Mode DirectX/OpenGL
- CPU usage: Maximum/High/Normal/Low/Very low
- Remove roofs: Always/Selectively/All
- Idle animations: All/Many/Few
- Scenery shadows: Dynamic/Static/None
- Lighting detail: High/Low
- Water detail: High/Low
- Anti-aliasing: 4x/2x/None
- Particles: High/Medium/Low
- Max screen size: Any/1024x768/800x600
- Brightness: A slider control to adjust between four brightness levels within the game screen from darkest, on the left, to lightest, on the right.
- Ground decoration: On/Off
- Flickering effects: On/Off
- Character shadows: On/Off
- Fog: On/Off
- Custom cursors: On/Off
- Ground blending: On/Off
- Textures: On/Off
- Skyboxes: On/Off
- Mouseover text On/Off
- Bloom: On/Off
The audio options can be set from the options screen in the lobby or in-game.
What can I change?Edit
- Music Volume: Changes the volume of in-game music player.
- Sound Effects: Changes the volume of in-game sounds, such as fighting or skilling sounds.
- Ambient Sounds: Changes the volume of surrounding area sounds. These include surrounding scenery sounds such as the ones in Lumbridge Swamp and Falador Farm with its surrounding areas or other player actions (teleporting, fighting etc).
- Voice Over: Changes the volume of NPC's voices whilst having conversation.
- Mono/Stereo: Switches between Mono and Stereo sound.
- Global Mute: Turns all in-game audio off.
These options can be found under Gameplay options tab in Settings.
|One-button gameplay:||Toggles between one-button or two-button configuration. If one-button configuration is chosen, left-clicking will bring up a list of options just like with a right-click.|
|Accept Aid:||Toggles the Accept Aid option. It means that a player who has it on can be aided by another player, with spells from Lunar Spellbook such as Teleother and Energy Transfer, but also in few minigames including Barbarian Assault and Stealing Creation.|
|Legacy Combat Mode:||Changes combat to Legacy Mode where abilities don't work, but auto-attacks are much more damaging.|
|Legacy Interface Mode:||Changes the interface to that resembling 2007. Combat using abilities remains.|
|Hide familiar options:||Toggles on and off to show familiar options within the main game screen.|
|Guidance system hints:||Toggles whether to display certain hints when doing actions.|
|Toggle Quick Chat:||Toggles the "Enter" Quick Chat shortcut key.|
|Drag and drop items:||Allows dragging items off the inventory/worn equipment to drop. Dropping like this won't disable actions such as cooking.|
|House Options:||Opens up another interface to control a player-owned house where players can turn on and off Building mode, expel guests, leave their house, toggle all doors to be automatically open or closed upon entering, and see how many rooms their house currently has.|
|Adventurer's Log Settings:||Options for changing notifications shown on the Adventurer's Log.|
These are the options allowed for controls and their defaults
|Move Camera Up (Primary)||Up Arrow||Move Camera Up||W|
|Move Camera Down (Primary)||Down Arrow||Move Camera Down||S|
|Move Camera Left (Primary)||Left Arrow||Move Camera Left||A|
|Move Camera Right (Primary)||Right Arrow||Move Camera Right||D|
|Zoom In||Page Up||Zoom Out||Page Down|
- Lock Zoom
- Camera Type: Classic/RS3
|Action Bar Slot 1||1||Action Bar Slot 8||8|
|Action Bar Slot 2||2||Action Bar Slot 9||9|
|Action Bar Slot 3||3||Action Bar Slot 10||0|
|Action Bar Slot 4||4||Action Bar Slot 11||-|
|Action Bar Slot 5||5||Action Bar Slot 12||=|
|Action Bar Slot 6||6||Action Bar Slot 13|
|Action Bar Slot 7||7||Action Bar Slot 14|
|Previous Action Bar||Shift + Q||Next Action Bar||Shift + E|
|Action Bar 1||Shift + 1||Action Bar 6|
|Action Bar 2||Shift + 2||Action Bar 7|
|Action Bar 3||Shift + 3||Action Bar 8|
|Action Bar 4||Shift + 4||Action Bar 9|
|Action Bar 5||Shift + 5||Action Bar 10|
|Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon||*||Quick Heal|
|Quick Prayer||Familiar Action|
|Upgrades & Extras||F6||RS3 Helper||F7|
|Lock Interface Customisation||L||Toggle Run||R|
|Open World Map||M||Open Home Teleport||T|
|Previous Home Teleport||Ctrl + T||Skills||H|
|Worn Equipment||N||Prayer Abilities||P|
|Magic Abilities||U||Melee Abilities||I|
|Ranged Abilities||O||Defence Abilities||K|
|Friends Chat Info||Clan|
|Group Members||G||All Chat|
|Private Chat||Friends Chat|
|Clan Chat||Guest Clan Chat|
|Trade and Assistance||Group Chat|
|Open World Select|
|Global Mute||Ctrl + G||Music Mute|
|Sound Effects Mute||Ambient Sounds Mute|