- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Also called?|| OSF
|Release date||28 February 2005 (Update)|
|Official length|| Short |
(with some longer parts as well)
|“|| If you're fresh to Shilo Village after solving the mystery (or even if you did it some time ago), you may like to check out Yanni Salika's antiques shop.
He's a busy chap, revamping antique items, checking out new stock from potential adventurers and maybe he'll have a small(1) favour to ask of you. It is probably nothing particularly large - Yanni isn't a demanding(2)person, after all - and it should hardly take you any time(3) at all really. Just something to do when you have a spare moment.
That's assuming there aren't any complications.
1: - Perception of the word "small" may be open to interpretation.
2: - In a recent vote, Yanni Salika was only voted the second most demanding person in Shilo Village.
3: - As everyone knows, time is relative.
|Start point:||Talk to Yanni in the antique shop in Shilo Village.|
|Length:||Long. (Lots of travel; 2 - 5 hours without teleports or other forms of transportation but time can be reduced by a large amount using the lodestone network.)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:|
Recommended for this part: Fairy rings, Amulet of Glory, Explorers Ring 3 or 4, 60 coins
- Travel to Shilo Village and talk to Yanni Salika. Using Fairy Ring code CKR grants access to the area direct west of Shilo Village (using a Glory Amulet to Karamja and then running behind the Agility Course towards the docks and using the cart ride into Shilo Village for 10gp is faster). Be warned that although players may have completed the old version of Druidic Ritual, the new version of the quest might be required to continue One Small Favour. He is inside the antiques shop north of the river. Yanni will ask a small favour - get some red mahogany logs from a Jungle Forester, just south of the village. To leave Shilo Village go out the front gates (click 'Open metal gate') and then right click the cart and choose to search it. (Left clicking the cart merely causes the player to look at the cart.) There are aggressive medium-level Undead ones in the area of the gate and cart. Also, if you have 74 Agility, you can use the stepping stones shortcut to leave the northern area into the southern area of Shilo Village.
- Go south of the village and talk to a Jungle Forester there. He/she will want a small favour for the mahogany logs. He/she will ask you to take his/her blunt hatchet to Captain Shanks to get it sharpened. (There is a drummer about half-way there to rest.)
- Go due west (to the ocean) and up the ladder to talk to Captain Shanks. He will tell you to go to Port Sarim and get the hatchet sharpened yourself. Buy a ticket from him (26-42 coins), or teleport to Port Sarim any way you can (home teleport/lodestone network is recommended).
Asgarnia and Misthalin
Recommended teleports: Explorer's ring 3+ or amulet of glory, Varrock teleport, Skull Sceptre, house teleport if your house in in Taverley , Ring of Duelling or other teleport near a spirit tree to allow quick access to gnome gliders
- Speak to Aggie, the witch in Draynor Village. She will help you, but wants a favour in return! Her apprentice, Jimmy the Chisel, has gone missing.
- Go to the HAM headquarters east of Draynor Village, pick the lock on the trap door (right click for option) and climb down. Go to the south-east corner and speak to Johanhus Ulsbrecht; he will let Jimmy go if you provide him with a month's supply of chickens. He suggests talking to Fred the farmer.
- Exit the HAM headquarters and go north of Lumbridge. Talk to Fred the farmer. He does not have enough chickens, but Seth Groats does, in the other farm on the road between Lumbridge and Varrock.
- Talk with Seth Groats, he wants another favour! He wants you to give 3 steel bars to Horvik in Varrock, and needs some cages to put the chickens in.
- Take 3 steel bars and go speak with Horvik in Varrock; he owns the platebody shop there. He is very ill, and needs a herbal antidote, and some pigeon cages to modify for chicken cages. He tells you to go to Ardougne to get the pigeon cages.
- Go to the Apothecary in Varrock; as he is giving you the breathing salts, he will drop the pot. He will ask you to get him a new airtight pot. Note: airtight pots from Grand Exchange do NOT work.
- Go to Gunnarsgrunn(Barbarian Village) and talk to Tassie Slipcast the potter. She is too worried to show you how to make an airtight pot, because she is being pressured by a dwarf called Hammerspike Stoutbeard in the Dwarven mines.
- Enter the Dwarven mines from the northern entrance (near the Ice Mountain.) (Note: you can go to Ice mountain via railroad from Keldagrim, you will come out at the pickaxes. Head south, then West at first turning. You can conveniently use the mine cart system to move from the GE to Keldagrim to Ice Mountain and then on to White Wolf Mountain, where you will come out very near the herb shop in Taverley.) Go south, and then west when you see the anvils. Keep going west until you see Hammerspike Stoutbeard surrounded by Dwarf Gang Members. Ask him about Tassie Slipcast; he will tell you that he always wanted to be a druid. (Note: If you have completed Perils Of Ice Mountain Quest, Head east again, then take first North tunnel. Climb ladder. You will be above Falador)
- Go to Taverley and talk with Sanfew; he is south of the slayer master-right across from the shop where you buy pets. He will allow Hammerspike to become a druid apprentice, but he wants two favours! He wants you to give a Guthix rest tea to Captain Bleemadge on top of White Wolf Mountain, and organise a trip for himself down to the Feldip Hills.
- NOTE: It states that if you have done the old version of the Druidic Ritual quest, you must first complete the new version of the quest before Sanfew will talk to you about One Small Favour. This may be true for some users, however as of now it appears to be a glitch and Sanfew will still talk to you about One Small Favour. If you go and speak to Kaquemeex to start the new version of the Druidic Ritual quest, there appears to not be an option for a conversation to start the new version of this quest.
- Make a Guthix rest tea - you will need a bowl of water, heated on a range or fire, then use this with the cup, add 1 harralander, 2 guam leafs and a marrentill. Attempting to make this tea by adding the herbs to the cup of hot water before speaking with Sanfew, even partially into the quest, will result in: "You have no idea what effect this would have."
- Once you have this, travel to the top of White Wolf Mountain and speak to Captain Bleemadge.
Note: There is a level 73 Big Wolf near him that may attack. There is a tree nearby you can lure him behind.
- Give him the tea; he will want some special ropes known as T.R.A.S.H. (Triple Redundant Aero Super Hawsers) for the trip down to the Feldip Hills.
Items needed for this part: Chisel, around 2000gp (or 2 cut opals, jades and red topazes incase you crush the ones you get)
- Travel to Catherby (head down the West side of Wolf Mountain to get to Catherby) and speak to Arhein who runs the shop just south of the bank (general store on the dock). He will ask a small favour - a weather report.
- Go to Seers' Village and speak to Phantuwti Fanstuwi Farsight who is in the house with the water drop symbol south-west of the bank. He is searching for Petra Fiyed and will not do the weather forecast until she is found.
- Travel to Goblin Cave just east of the Fishing Guild. Go into the cave and head north, (follow the east wall until you come to the cavern on the east. As you enter the cavern a cut scene will show you Petra) until coming to a cave to the east of where Petra is trapped in rock. The rock is part of the wall, between two rock piles. Right-click and select the search option on the sculpture, and you find a message telling you to speak to Wizard Cromperty.
- Go to Ardougne and speak to Wizard Cromperty who is just north east of the square; his house has a blue-checked floor, on the mini-map. He needs some iron oxide from a man in Port Khazard. (There is a musician about half-way there, to rest.)
Note: Whilst you are in Ardougne, go west and pick up five pigeon cages which are just south of the north-western bank (behind the first house to the south). Remember that Horvik requested them earlier. Empty pigeon cage from the Biohazard quest works as well.
- Go to Port Khazard and talk to Tindel Marchant (he is on the pier south of the Fishing Trawler). He will want his stodgy mattress stuffed for the iron oxide.
- Go to the Feldip Hills (quick access available by using fairy ring code "AKS," then heading east to quest start icon) and talk to the ogre Rantz. He is on the east side of the hills. He cannot do it because there is a disturbance caused by a small man, which is scaring the chompy birds away.
- Go west until you see a gnome glider with a gnome called Gnormadium Avlafrim. Talk to him and he will tell you he needs to repair the landing strip. Search each landing lights for a gem, cut it, and put it back in the landing lights. For some reason, you must go to the other side of each landing light to put the cut gem back in. The gnome can sell you a chisel at 10 coins each and spare gems at 500 coins each if you happen to crush them (so you might want to bring some jade, opal and red topaz with you, but it is not necessary). Then talk to the gnome again; he will start up the lights on the runway.
Completing the favours
Items needed for this part: Armour and pickaxe (strongly recommended for fight against Slagilith), hammer, bronze bar, iron bar, steel bar, pot, 5 pigeon cages.
- Go back to Rantz, (head East) he will stuff the mattress with feathers and give you a comfy mattress.
- Take the mattress to Tindal in Port Khazard, he will give you iron oxide. (Use fairy code D-J-P then go south.)
- Take the iron oxide to Wizard Cromperty in Ardougne, he will give you an animate rock scroll.
- Take some armour and a weapon and travel back to the Goblin Cave near the Fishing Guild, cast the spell ("Um nahi listic durooo-rah!") near Petra, and a level 92 Slagilith will appear.
- If you get the message "You don´t feel that you should cast this with enemies around." just kill the bats outside of the part of the cave.
Note: If you do not kill it fast enough he will disappear and you will have to fight him all over again! For low levels: If you have a friend stand in front of you and not move while you cast the spell you can range or mage the monster without being hit.
- Cast the spell again and Petra will be freed.
- Go to Seers' Village and speak to Phantuwti. Go through the various options one by one, until you finally threaten him. Then go through those options. He will confess that his weather vane is broken, and give you permission to go up on the roof to fix it. Access the roof via the ladder in the building to the east with the spinning wheel. Go up to the roof of his house, and search the weather vane, then use a hammer with the weather vane and search again to get three broken vane parts. Go to an anvil with a bronze bar, an iron bar and a steel bar and use the parts of the weather vane with the anvil (the nearest anvil is in the nearest building to the north of Phantuwti's house). Go back to the roof of the house (level 36 Agility) and put the weathervane pillar, the directionals and the ornament back. Talk to Phantuwti again and he will give you the weather report.
- Take the report to Arhein in Catherby. He will send somebody to send T.R.A.S.H. to Captain Bleemadge.
- Talk to Captain Bleemadge on top of White Wolf Mountain.
- Talk to Sanfew in Taverley, he will agree to let the dwarf become an initiate.
- Talk to Hammerspike Stoutbeard in the Dwarven mines. He has changed his mind, his Dwarven Gang Members will attack you, defeat them and he will agree to stop harassing Tassie.
Note: This fight is multi-combat. All three will attack at once. Having a familiar to help fight would not hurt.
- Go to the Gunnarsgrunn and talk to Tassie Slipcast, she will teach you how to make pot lids, just use the wheel and pottery oven to make a pot lid. Fire the pot lid in the kiln, and then use it on a pot to get an airtight pot. Tassie will provide you with one piece of clay.
- Go to the apothecary in Varrock and give him the pot.
- Go to Horvik and give him the herbal tincture, breathing salts and five pigeon cages to get some chicken cages.
- Go to Seth Groats in the farm in Lumbridge and give him the chicken cages.
- Go to the HAM headquarters and talk to Johanhus, he will agree to let Jimmy go.
- Go to Draynor Village and talk with Aggie the witch.
- Go to Port Sarim and talk with Brian, he will give you a sharpened hatchet.
- Go back to Shilo Village, speak with a Jungle Forester just south of there, and he/she will give you some red mahogany logs in exchange for the sharpened hatchet.
- Speak with Yanni in Shilo Village to complete the quest!
- 2 Quest Points
- 2 experience lamps giving 10,000 experience to any skill of your choice. Skill must be at least level 30.
- Steel key ring
- Ability to make Guthix rest tea.
- Ability to craft Pot lids.
- Access to the gnome glider route to the Feldip Hills
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
Required for completing
Completion of One Small Favour is required for the following:
- Back to my Roots
- King's Ransom
- Swan Song
- Seers' Village Tasks:
- Medium: "I Can Seer My House From Here"
- When talking to Tassie Slipcast during the quest about Hammerspike, she says "I hope that he doesn't grind your bones to make his bread!". This is a reference from the Nursery Rhyme "Fee Fie Foe Fum" from the tale "Jack and the Beanstalk".
- The girl you rescue from the rock is named Petra Fiyed, a play on the word petrified, and she's only level 1, despite her being somewhat well-armed compared to lower-levelled humans.
- Upon the completion of this quest, one's Adventurer's Log will read: "Offering to do ‘one small favour’ for Yanni Salika of Shilo led to doing the same for a forester, Captain Shanks, Brian, Aggie, Jimmy the Chisel, Farmer Fred..."
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...I still can't believe how long that 'one small favour' took me! I ended up walking all over the world doing small favours for all and sundry!"
- When asked to visit Rantz for the feathers, your character will retort that he can't hit a chompy bird at all. Your character will reply this even if you have not yet done Big Chompy Bird Hunting, or even met Rantz before at all.
- If you can't find the pigeon cages, try switching worlds as sometimes they don't appear.
- When asked about a sequel to One small Favour, Mod Avatar stated "You never know..." indicating that One small Favour 2 may be a future quest.