- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||28 February 2005 (Update)|
One Small Favour is a quest where the player accepts a favour, which ends up you traveling around much of Gielinor.
|“|| If you're fresh to Shilo Village after solving the mystery (or even if you did it some time ago), you may like to check out Yanni Salika's antiques shop.
He's a busy chap, revamping antique items, checking out new stock from potential adventurers and maybe he'll have a small(1) favour to ask of you. It is probably nothing particularly large - Yanni isn't a demanding(2)person, after all - and it should hardly take you any time(3) at all really. Just something to do when you have a spare moment.
That's assuming there aren't any complications.
1: - Perception of the word "small" may be open to interpretation.
2: - In a recent vote, Yanni Salika was only voted the second most demanding person in Shilo Village.
3: - As everyone knows, time is relative.
|Start point|| |
Talk to Yanni in the antique shop in Shilo Village.
|Length||Long (1 - 2 hours; lots of travel, but can be considerably reduced by using the lodestone network)|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat|
Be warned that players who have completed the old version of Druidic Ritual, will be required to complete the new version of the quest to continue One Small Favour.
Around the World...Edit
To begin the quest, you need to travel to Shilo Village. A few easy routes are:
- Using Fairy Ring code CKR brings you to the area directly west of the village.
- Using an amulet of glory teleport to Karamja and using the cart ride into Shilo Village for 10gp is an alternative.
- Charter a ship from Catherby, Ardougne (after Pirate's Treasure), Port Sarim, Khazard, or Phasmatys to Brimhaven. From Brimhaven take the cart ride into Shilo Village for 10gp as above. (If you haven't completed Pirate's Treasure, Catherby is the cheapest, 480gp (240gp with a Ring of Charos (a)) - otherwise, Ardougne is cheapest at 30gp (15gp with Karamja gloves 1)).
- Use a Juju teleport spiritbag to get to the Herblore Habitat. Climb over the vine to the north and run west past two Jogre to get there.
- Using the lodestone network, teleport to Karamja and walk south and then east once past the bridge.
Yanni Salika can be found inside the antiques shop, just north of the river and south-east of the gem mine. When you ask him of any activities to perform in the village, he instead requests you for a small favour - he needs an exotic mahogany polish on one of his antiques which can only be produced from the rare red mahogany logs. As he has none in his possession, you must retrieve it from one of the Jungle Foresters south of the village.
To leave Shilo Village, go out the front gates and then 'Climb over' the cart to jump over it; watch out for the aggressive Undead ones in the area.
Walk south and talk to any Jungle Forester there. They say that they will part with the logs, if you are willing to get their blunt hatchet to Captain Shanks so that he can sail to Port Sarim and get it sharpened.
(Optional) Go due west and up the ladder to talk to Captain Shanks. He will tell you to go to Port Sarim and get the hatchet sharpened yourself. Buy a ticket from him (26-44 coins), or teleport to Port Sarim any way you can (home teleport/lodestone network is recommended).
Items needed: 3 Steel bars.
In northern Port Sarim, speak to Brian inside his battleaxe shop. You quickly find out that he is worried about a friend who is planning to escape into the Wilderness to be rid of his troubles. As he cannot sharpen the hatchet without his peace of mind, you offer to help him with a favour. He tells you that Aggie might be able to help with his situation. Make sure he takes the blunt hatchet before you leave.
Speak to Aggie, the witch in Draynor Village. She agrees to help you, but wants a favour in return! Her apprentice, Jimmy the Chisel, has gone missing while gathering supplies. He was last seen between Draynor Village and Lumbridge, 'near the spiders and goblins'.
Head to the HAM headquarters north-east from Lumbridge and across the River Lum, use your lock pick on the old mine entrance, and climb down. Go to the south-west corner and speak to Johanhus Ulsbrecht, the HAM leader. He will let Jimmy go if you can provide his cult with a month's supply of chickens from Jimmy's brother, Fred the farmer.
Across the River Lum, speak with Seth Groats. He is ready to help, but he requires some chicken cages. He suggests talking to Horvik, the Varrock smith, along with 3 steel bars as debt from a previous job.
With the steel bars, go talk to Horvik in Varrock; he owns the platebody shop there. Unfortunately, he is very ill and needs a herbal antidote, and some pigeon cages to modify into chicken cages. He tells you to go to Ardougne to get the pigeon cages.
For the antidote, go to the apothecary in Varrock. He gladly agrees to help you, favour-free, but as he is giving you the breathing salts, he drops the pot. Since the salts cannot be stored in a non-airtight container, he will ask you to get him a new airtight pot. Airtight pots from Grand Exchange do NOT work.
Go to Gunnarsgrunn (Barbarian Village) and talk to Tassie Slipcast the potter, as suggested by the apothecary. She is too upset to show you how to make an airtight pot, since she is being pressured by Hammerspike Stoutbeard, a dwarf from whom she took a loan and who is now unfairly increasing the interest on it.
Enter the Dwarven mines from the northern entrance (near the Ice Mountain). Go south, and then west when you see the anvils. Keep going west until you see Hammerspike Stoutbeard surrounded by some Dwarf Gang Members. Ask him about Tassie Slipcast and his choice of profession; he actually always wanted to be a druid. He'll relieve Tassie of her grief if you can help him become a druid initiate.
- Note: If you have not completed the new version of the Druidic Ritual quest, you must speak with Sanfew first to complete the updated version BEFORE continuing.
Go to Taverley and speak with Sanfew; he is in the house north of the slayer master. Sanfew will allow Hammerspike to become his apprentice, in exchange for two favours: He wants you to give a Guthix rest potion to Captain Bleemadge on top of White Wolf Mountain and convince him to take Sanfew down to the Feldip Hills, so that he can spread awareness about Guthix amongst the inhabitants.
- Make a Guthix rest potion - you will need a vial of water, along with a clean harralander and marrentill. The herbs must be added in this specific order only, as any other way does not concoct a restful potion.
- Travel to the top of White Wolf Mountain and present the potion to Captain Bleemadge. There is an aggressive level 62 Big Wolf near him, so be wary; there is a tree nearby that you can lure him behind. Feeling refreshed, he agrees to take Sanfew into ogre territory, although he needs some special, lightweight ropes known as T.R.A.S.H. (Triple Redundant Aero Super Hawsers) for the trip down to the Feldip Hills.
Items needed: Around 2000gp (or 2 cut opals, jades and red topazes incase you crush the ones you get).
Travel to Catherby and speak to Arhein, the general store manager on the docks. He says that he himself designed T.R.A.S.H and is willing to barter it for a weather report to protect his cargo from bad weather.
Go to Seers' Village and talk to Phantuwti Fanstuwi Farsight in the house with the water-drop symbol south-west of the bank. He is busy looking for a girl named Petra and will not perform the weather forecast until she is found. He points in a vague direction about Petra's whereabouts - in a nearby cave, to the south-west of the village.
Travel to the goblin cave just east of the Fishing Guild. Inside the cave, follow the east wall until you come to a cavern. As you enter the cavern a cut-scene pans the camera to a distorted rock in the wall – an impression of a woman, possibly Petra. Search the sculpture, and you find a message telling you to speak to Wizard Cromperty.
Cromperty can be found north-east of Ardougne square; his house has a blue-checked floor, also indicated in the mini-map. He explains that the girl was another of them adventurers on whom he experimented his teleport spells, but he couldn't track her down. He can free the girl with some iron oxide, but he needs your assistance in getting some from the antique merchant in Port Khazard.
Go to Port Khazard and talk to Tindel Marchant - he is on the pier south of the Fishing Trawler. He promises to hand you some rust if you could, unsurprisingly, get his stodgy mattress stuffed by Rantz and spare him the insomnia.
Go to the Feldip Hills (quick access available by using fairy ring code "AKS," then heading east) and talk to Rantz on the eastern side of the hills. He cannot do it because of the loud disturbance caused by a small man, which is scaring the chompy 'flapper' birds away.
Go west until you see a gnome glider beside a gnome named Gnormadium Avlafrim. Talk to him and he will tell you he needs to repair the landing strip for a new glider route. Search each landing light for a gem, cut it, and put it back in their respective positions. The gnome can sell you a chisel at 10 coins and spare gems at 500 coins each if you happen to crush them (you might want to bring some jade, opal and red topaz with you, but it is not necessary). Once you repair the strip, talk to the gnome again; he will start up the lights on the runway.
...and Then Back AgainEdit
- Go back to Rantz, who stuffs the mattress with feathers and gives you a comfy mattress.
- Take the mattress to Tindel in Port Khazard, for some iron oxide. (Use fairy code D-J-P then go south)
- Take the iron oxide to Wizard Cromperty in Ardougne; he will give you an animate rock scroll.
Take some armour and a weapon and travel back to the goblin cave near the Fishing Guild. Inside the east cavern, cast the spell ("Um nahi listic durooo-rah!") near Petra. You will mis-hit and accidentally animate another rock, causing a level 90 Slagilith to appear.
- It can hit as high as 260, so remember to use Protect from Melee. When you defeat the Slagilith, it drops an uncut ruby, an uncut diamond, and an adamantite ore.
Cast the spell again and Petra will be freed.
Travel back to Seers' Village and speak to Phantuwti. Go through the various options one by one, until you finally threaten him. He will confess that his weather vane is broken, and give you permission to go up on the roof to fix it. Access the roof via the ladder, in the building with the spinning wheel, to the east.
Deliver the latest news to Sanfew, who agrees to let a dwarf become his initiate.
Talk to Hammerspike Stoutbeard in the Dwarven mines. Apparently, he has changed his mind and wants to keep being a gangster, not sparing Tassie. When you threathen him, his Dwarven Gang Members will attack you; defeat them and he will agree to stop harassing Tassie.
This fight is multi-combat. All three will attack at once. You could either use a familiar to help or kill them off before speaking to him - this way you would only have to fight them one at a time.
Travel to Gunnarsgrunn and talk to Tassie. For being a good samaritan, she teaches you how to make pot lids - just use the wheel to make an unfired pot lid. Fire the pot lid in the Pottery oven, and then use it on a pot to get an airtight pot. Tassie will provide you with one workable piece of clay.
Bring the airtight pot to the apothecary in Varrock to obtain some breathing salts.
Inform Johanhus, in the HAM headquarters, about his renewed food supply and keeping his side of the deal, he releases Jimmy.
Finally, speak with Yanni in Shilo Village to hand over his red mahogany logs. When he responds with just a 'thanks', you obviously get upset. Summarising your journey halfway across the world and then some more, Yanni agrees to reward you with some of his antiques.
Congratulations, quest complete!
- 2 Quest Points
- 2 experience lamps giving 10,000 experience to any skill of your choice. Skill must be at least level 30.
- Steel key ring
- Ability to make Guthix rest potions.
- Ability to craft pot lids.
- Access to the gnome glider route to the Feldip Hills
- 2 Treasure hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter.
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of One Small Favour is required for the following:
- Back to my Roots
- King's Ransom
- Swan Song
- Seers' Village Tasks:
- Medium: "I Can Seer My House From Here"
- When talking to Tassie Slipcast during the quest about Hammerspike, she says "I hope that he doesn't grind your bones to make his bread!". This is a reference from the nursery rhyme Fee-fi-fo-fum from the tale Jack and the Beanstalk.
- You do a total of 19 "small favours" in this quest (21 if you count releasing Petra and Jimmy The Chisel).
- When you complete the quest, the scroll says: 'Congratulations! 'One Small Favour' complete!' This is one of the only quests that say something different to having completed a quest, along with My Arm's Big Adventure, Between a Rock and Horror from the Deep.
- When completing the quest "Devious Minds" there is a reference to this quest. After you hand the bow-sword to the monk he will ask you for one final favour, after which the player will say "wait....this sounds familiar...".