He was one of five captains who attacked This Albatross and Rabid Jack at the Battle of the Archipelago, alongside captains Braindeath, Izzy No-Beard, Bill Teach and Brass Hand Harry. They swore the events to secrecy and charged Young Ralph with keeping memory of the events.
In Year 168 of the Fifth Age, his ship was boarded by agents from the Customs and Excise Office, and he was killed along with most of his crew. His boatswain Redbeard Frank managed to escape, taking Hector's chest key with him. Frank was permitted to give a mark in Hector's place in order for Young Ralph to divulge the events of the Battle of the Archipelago.
- ^ a b Redbeard Frank, "Pirate's Treasure", RuneScape. "Now a deal's a deal, I'll tell ye about the treasure. I used to serve under a pirate captain called One-Eyed Hector. Hector were very successful and became very rich. But about a year ago we were boarded by the Customs and Excise Agents. Hector were killed along with many of the crew, I were one of the few to escape and I escaped with this."
- ^ Redbeard Frank, "Pirate's Treasure", RuneScape. "This be Hector's key. I believe it opens his chest on his old room in the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock. With any luck his treasure will be in there."
- ^ Young Ralph, "Rocking Out", RuneScape. "Well, I'll tell ye the tale but ye'll need t' get the marks of the Cap'ins that were there that black day.[...]Cap'n Braindeath, Izzy No-Beard, Bill Teach, Brass Hand Harry and One-Eyed Hector."
- ^ Young Ralph, "Rocking Out", RuneScape. "When This Albatross was sunk right and true, the Cap'ins swore on Gentleman Mallard's compass that they'd never speak of this again, and charged me with keepin' the secret. None of them will tell ye, but they will let me tell ye if yer a pirate, right and true. They did give ye the marks, right?"
- ^ Young Ralph, "Rocking Out", RuneScape. "'Tis a shame. Is his boatswain, Frank, still alive?"
|Part 1 of the Pirate quest series|