|Release date||15 February 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Ghosts Ahoy, Animal Magnetism|
|Location||East of the Slayer Tower|
|Examine||An old, cranky lady|
The Old crone can be found in the house east of the Slayer Tower.
During both quests, she will modify a player's ghostspeak amulet in ways that are required to complete the quests successfully.
After the Swept Away quest, players who talk to her with the broomstick in their inventory receive 7,139 Magic exp. Maggie knows of the Crone's mystical abilities and whereabouts, hinting the two may have known each other in the past. Furthermore, when a player asks The Old Crone to enchant his broom, she says: "I suppose I could, just this once, for old times' sake." This may be another suggestion that Maggie and The Old Crone know each other.
Players can reach her via the following ways:
- The fastest way is to use the Slayer ring and walk outside.
- Fairy ring access code CKS leads to a spot just south of the tower and west of Canifis.
- Kharyrll Teleport either via a house portal or through Ancient Magicks. (Canifis again)
- Ectophial can be used to teleport to Port Phasmatys. Walk west.
- Players can walk from Varrock, although this is by far the longest route.
- The Old Crone will say, "When 100 years old you reach, look like an old prune you will." This could be a reference to Yoda from Star Wars, who makes a similar comment when talking to Luke.
- While the Old Crone enchants the player's Ghostspeak amulet, she performs the old Dance emote.
- In her house, there are three shelves. Currently only one shelf is examinable.
- Her son, the old man, can be found at a shipwreck east of her house.