|Release date||1 October 2010 (Update)|
|End date||17 October 2010 (Update)|
|Head developer||Mod Leeny & Mod Argus|
The Oktoberfest (Oktober (October) + Fest (festival)) was an event, being a derivative of the German celebration by the same name. An NPC named Pretzel Bert east of Varrock sold pretzels, which he called a Bavarian delicacy. They were worth 1 coin each and healed 1 life point.
Schedule for the FestEdit
Announced plans included:
- Opening party on 1 October.
- Three-day event organised by "voluntary moderators" (not clear if this is Player Moderators, Forum Moderators, or both), presumably 1 October to 3 October.
- Stealing Creation tournament 4 October to 10 October, held with national or regional teams.
- A daily hunt for hiding Jagex Moderator 11 October to 17 October.
- Small gatherings and events such as a PvP pub crawl, a bear hunt and team fishing.
- A "hidden surprise in-game" (Which may refer to pretzel Bert)
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
Oktoberfest • Start of May • RuneScape 10th Anniversary • Wildywyrm • Royal Wedding • The Ultimate Showdown • Açaí • Diamond Jubilee • Gielinor Games (Preparation) • Festival of the Dead • Tribute to Guthix