- Picking the lock requires level 20 Thieving, yielding 27 experience. Failing to pick the lock yields 1 thieving experience and lowers your Thieving stat temporarily.
- Opening the coffin using an Ogre coffin key. Keys are obtained from drops by Zogres and Skogres in Jiggig, or through gambling in Soul Wars.
Picking the coffin lock Edit
You attempt to pick the lock on the coffin:
- You unlock the coffin... (the dialogue tells you the items found, if any).
- Your lockpick snaps (if you have one; a lockpick not required to pick the locks).
- You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock.
- Outside Jiggig only: You fail to pick the lock - your fingers get numb from fumbling with the lock (and you get caught).
- Ogre Guard: Hey thief! I's gonna teach ya!
- You're knocked unconscious and dropped down a chute.
- You slowly wake up in a strange place (you are in the level one basement of Jiggig).
The locks cannot be picked whilst in combat; attempting to do so will display the message, "You're in mortal danger, thieving is the last thing on your mind."
Each time you fail and your fingers get numb, your Thieving level will be temporarily drained by 1-4 levels. Note that this drain will stack with itself, and if your thieving drops below 20, you will not be able to pick the lock. Failure is frequent even for players with thieving levels in the 80s, so expect thieving ability losses. Lowered Thieving levels can be restored by drinking Super restore potions or via other means such as the Bloated leech and Blood Drain scrolls.
Loot from Ogre coffinsEdit
|Rusty sword||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Damaged armour||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (easy)||1||Rare||Not sold|
- The chances are calculated using a sample size of 2560.
This means that the average profit for looting 100 coffins using keys would result in 284,535 coins profit, ignoring the other rewards, since they are either untradeable or very cheap. Do note, however, that the expensive Raurg bones are almost exclusively used for Daily Challenges, and as such have a very low demand, making them unlikely to sell at or near the Grand Exchange guide price for a very long time.