|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Combat level||53, 58, 63|
|XP per kill||240 (level 53)- 320 (level 63)|
|Slayer XP||60, 70|
|Always drops||Big bones|
An ogre is a monster found in several locations, most notably the ogre city of Gu'Tanoth. The caged level 63 ogres at the Combat Training Camp near Ardougne (which can be entered after finishing the Biohazard quest) are unique in that they are for ranged training only and often are visited for such by players, although they can be meleed by using a halberd. The cage can be entered through a loose railing at the side. Ogres can deal a fair amount of damage for their level, but in contrast, they have very low defence. Ogres have a slow attack speed and take up two squares.
The race of ogres
Ogres are a race which dwells upon Gielinor. They may be related to orks, giants and trolls, although this is not known. They may have originated from Yu'biusk and Bandos had legions of ogres fighting in his armies to take control. Ogres appear as huge, giant-like humanoids weighing up to a ton in muscle and fat, they have white skin and "dark" brown rags for clothes. Ogres have poor technology and are a tribal race with constant wars and rivalries. Their main weapons are spears, clubs, maces, and bows, while others just use their bare hands.
Ogre religion is shaman-like, and they can summon as part of their magicks. The shamans are highly respected and feared by ogres as Bandos' representatives on Gielinor.
Ogres can be as unintelligent as trolls, though they are more creative, with better rules and a more religious and cultural society. Ogres who choose to live outside the city in tribes tend to be very uneducated and feud with each other where the strongest rule. Ogres in the city may be more educated and select ogres can speak very well without butchering words. In ogre culture, females dominate the weaker males, and the males fear the ogresses, instead leaving them to their own city in the south. Ogres are highly savage to newcomers like humans, and will attack them, although the gnomes study them at a safe distance or atop their mechanical gliders.
They are good for training range levels...75-80.
- Gu'Tanoth, south of Yanille. The marketplace contains level 53 ogres, level 81 ogre chieftains, level 83 enclave guards, and ogre traders and merchants. There is a single ogre outside the walls of Gu'Tanoth, at the bottom of the ramp leading into the city.
- West of Yanille in the Tree Gnome Village maze and the area to the south of the maze, including an island with several ogres.
- South of Castle Wars are 6 NPC ogres and 2 level 76 ogre guards.
- There are a few level 53 ogres south of Gu'Tanoth in the Feldip Hills (Death rune spawn)also with level 64 Wolves.
- Toban's Island, to the west of Gu'Tanoth
- Contains Toban, Gorad (level 68), and several level 53 ogres.
- Chaos Druid Tower just north of Ardougne, with a Blood rune chest inside (requires level 59 Thieving).
- In the basement of the Clock tower south of Ardougne (level 53).
- Witchaven dungeon, east of Ardougne (level 53)
- In the Underground Pass.
- In a cage at Combat Training Camp After Completing Biohazard Quest.
- God Wars Dungeon (level 58)
- Oo'glog north of Feldip Hills, south of Castle Wars
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Big bones 1 Always 449 Ogre ribs 1 Common Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold
The charm drop rates vary between areas, and ogres only drop charms in certain places. Ogres at the training camp do not drop charms.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Strawberry seed 1 Uncommon 359 Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 1,890 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 33 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 10 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 2,354 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 26 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 9 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 74 Jangerberry seed 1 Uncommon 3 Limpwurt seed 1 Uncommon 971 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 54 Spirit weed seed 1 Uncommon 359 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 4 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 702 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 36 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 28 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 12 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 1,019 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 38,269 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 34,922 Watermelon seed 1 Rare 2,010 Kwuarm seed 1 Rare 363 Torstol seed 1 Very rare 78,509 Snapdragon seed 1 Very rare 2,196
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
Species of ogre
Species of ogre that count for Slayer assignments
- It appears to be when ogres exhale, their stomachs flap up and down.
- The ogres and ogresses are possible references to the Gargareans and the Amazons due to the ogres being an all-male tribe, and the ogresses an all-female tribe.
- It seems the ogre that wears the least amount of clothes near Castle Wars is almost always aggressive.