|Release||31 March 2008 (Update)|
Mining +7 (invisible)
|Special moves||Volcanic Strength|
|Examine||Four fists can make quite an impression IN someone...|
The Obsidian golem is a level 87 combat Summoning familiar. Level 73 Summoning is required to create the pouch and the scrolls. While this familiar is summoned, an invisible +7 Mining boost is in effect. The Obsidian golem, along with other combat familiars, had their damage boosted.
Obsidian golem pouchEdit
|195 ( 4,875)|| 7.6|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,876|
|I can summon an obsidian golem familiar with this.|
An Obsidian golem pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 195 spirit shards, a blue charm and an obsidian charm in the player's inventory, and 72 Summoning. Using the pouch to summon an Obsidian golem costs 8 Summoning points.
Volcanic strength scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||10 (250)||77|
|A scroll for a obsidian golem familiar.|
The Volcanic strength scroll enables the use of the Volcanic strength special move for an Obsidian golem. Using an Obsidian golem pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten Volcanic strength scrolls.
Volcanic strength is a special move of the Obsidian golem, activated by a Volcanic strength scroll. When activated, it gives +9 Strength levels to the player. Each use of a Volcanic strength scroll requires 12 special move points.
- While the +9 Strength boost is not much in comparison to super strength or extreme strength bonuses, due to the 55 minute Summoning timer and stackable scrolls, Obsidian golem pouches and scrolls are a good strategy for camping trips where you camp for so long you outlast your combat boosting potions.
- The Obsidian golem is also useful for activities where you die multiple times, and respawn with your familiar still summoned, and opt to not potion each time you die, such as in free for all Clan Wars and Castle Wars, or Duel Arena. This would save money and mean you have to bank less often, and leaves more slots in inventory for other items.
- The Obsidian golem seems to function similarly to the clay golems used by the ancient Menaphites of the Kharidian Desert, such as the one found at the ruins of Uzer.
- The Obsidian golem bears a strong resemblance to the TzHaar race as they appeared prior to their graphical rework; particularly the TzHaar-Ket.
- The Obsidian golem states that it wants to fight TzTok-Jad, and asks you if you can take it there, though familiars aren't allowed in the Fight Caves.
- The Obsidian golem can be understood even without the +10 requirement you need for other familiars, because it is one of the TzHaar.
- Attacking an Obsidian golem will not use charges on a TokKul-Zo ring.