|Abilities|| Fights |
Mining boost (7) - invisible
|Special moves||Volcanic Strength|
|Examine text||Four fists can make quite an impression IN someone...|
Obsidian golem pouchEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,876|
|137 ( 3,425)||77|
|I can summon a obsidian golem familiar with this.|
An Obsidian golem pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 195 spirit shards, a Blue charm and an Obsidian charm in the player's inventory. Using the pouch to summon an Obsidian golem costs 8 summoning points.
Volcanic strength scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|211 coins||317 coins||255 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||10 ( 250)||77|
|A scroll for a obsidian golem familiar.|
The Volcanic strength scroll enables the use of the Volcanic strength special move for an Obsidian golem. Using an Obsidian golem pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten Volcanic strength scrolls.
Volcanic strength is a special move of the Obsidian golem, activated by a Volcanic strength scroll. When activated, it gives +9 strength levels to the player. Each use of a Volcanic strength scroll requires 12 special move points.
- While the +9 strength boost is not much in comparison to super strength or extreme strength bonuses, due to the 55 minute summoning timer and stackable scrolls, Obsidian golem pouches and scrolls are a good strategy for camping trips where you camp for so long you outlast your combat boosting potions.
- The Obsidian Golem is also useful for activities where you die multiple times, and respawn with your familiar still summoned, and opt to not potion each time you die, such as in free for all Clan Wars and Castle Wars, or Duel Arena. This would save money and mean you have to bank less often, and leaves more slots in inventory for other items.
- The Obsidian Golem seems to function similarly to the clay golems used by the ancient Menaphites of the Kharidian Desert, such as the one found at the ruins of Uzer.
- The Obsidian Golem bears a strong resemblance to the TzHaar race as they appeared prior to their graphical rework; particularly the TzHaar-Ket.
- The Obsidian Golem states that it wants to fight TzTok-Jad, and asks you if you can take it there, though familiars aren't allowed in the Fight Caves.
- The Obsidian Golem can be understood even without the +10 requirement you need for other familiars, because it is one of the TzHaar.
- The Obsidian Golem occasionally shouts "Onward to Glory!", which may be a reference to the popular computer RTS game Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Winter Assault, where the Commisars shout "Onwards, to glory!" in battle.
- Attacking an Obsidian Golem will not use charges on a TokKul-Zo ring.