|Start point||Talk to the observatory professor in the observatory north of Castle Wars.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Length||Short (~19 minutes)|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
- Talk to the Observatory professor in the house near the Observatory which is located North of Castle Wars.
- Talk to his assistant.
- Obtain a bronze bar, 3 planks, and molten glass.
- Talk to the assistant then the professor three times (until he takes all of the above items).
Obtaining a LensEdit
- Leave the house and go East to the abandoned buildings.
- Climb down the stairs in the Western building.
- Every dead end will have a chest that must be searched until a Goblin kitchen key is found in one of them.
- On the interface make sure to click "Click here to continue" or the key will not be found.
- Go back to the staircase at the entrance, but do not exit the dungeon.
- Go East, then North, and then head West until a guard is seen guarding a kitchen.
- Kill him or lure him away from the kitchen.
- Inspect the stove in the kitchen.
- Talk to the professor.
- Use the molten glass on the Lens mould.
- Talk to the professor again.
- Go back to the abandoned building and climb down the stairs.
- Climb the stairs to the observatory, as indicated on the map.
- Talk to the professor.
- Watch the cutscene and talk to him again.
- Look through the telescope and tell him which constellation is seen.
- Quest complete!
- 2 quest points
- 2,250 experience
- 875 experience in , , , or (random)
- Depending on the astrological sign you see through the telescope, you will receive one of these items:
- An uncut sapphire (Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo)
- About 25 Water runes (Aquarius)
- Amulet of defence (Cancer)
- Black two-handed sword (Gemini)
- 3 Law runes (Libra)
- 3 Fish pies or 3 Tunas (Pisces)
- Maple shieldbow (Sagittarius)
- Weapon poison (Scorpio)
- Super strength potion (1) (Taurus)
- You can talk to Historian Minas at the Varrock Museum to receive 5 Kudos.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Additional rewards/activities
Should a player look through the telescope again after the quest is completed, they will see the Scorpio constellation. The Observatory professor will suggest going to see his assistant. Upon speaking to the assistant, who reveals that his name is Patrick, he'll thank you for having made his life easier and give you a jug of wine.
He also mentions a book on the nearby table named 'The book of astronomy', which speaks of Scorpius' grave. Travel past the abandoned buildings, and keep going north until you see some level 28 ghosts near the entrance of the Ourania runecrafting altar. The Spirit of Scorpius is located in this area with the ghosts; after a brief conversation (Note: there is currently a bug when you first speak to the spirit, where he will say that you already have an unholy mould; if this happens, simply speak to him again and ask for a replacement), it will give you an unholy mould and tell you to return when you are worthy. With the mould, a ball of wool and a silver bar, make an unholy symbol and return to the grave so that Scorpius can bless it.
- Music unlocked
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|