|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||112 coins (info)|
|Examine||Logs cut from an oak tree. Used in Firemaking (15), Fletching (20).|
Oak logs are logs obtained from cutting oak trees using the Woodcutting skill at level 15 Woodcutting. Doing so grants 37.5 experience points per log cut, resulting in 1,050 experience per inventory. Players may then burn these logs using the Firemaking skill at level 15 Firemaking for 60 experience each, or 71.5 if adding oak logs to a bonfire. Members can also fletch these logs. Members training Construction can bring oak logs to the Sawmill operator north-east of Varrock to make oak planks at a cost of 250 each. Alternatively the Lunar Spell Plank Make can allow players to convert them to oak planks at a lower cost, but with the use of runes.
With the release of the Construction skill, the demand for oak logs has increased, causing their price to rise. This has occurred because many players use oak planks (made directly from oak logs) as a cheap way of levelling Construction.
A popular spot to chop oak logs would be at the east entrance to Varrock where there are several oak trees. Also due to the close proximity to banks and the fact that oak logs sell for higher prices than Willow logs, this area has become a strategic Woodcutting spot. Often it is crowded since many find it favourable. It is also recommended to go to Lumbridge since there are a few Oak trees behind the castle. There is also a very good spot for members at the west part of Falador if you take the shortcut. There is another spot in Draynor right next to the bank. Two oak trees are right there. There are also several oak trees around the Tree Gnome Stronghold bank, for members.
There are also two oak trees next to Falador east bank, one right next to the bank and one behind the Estate agent building. The place is rarely crowded.
There are a few Oak trees by the Grand Exchange. You can sell the logs after you cut them so it is recommended that you cut here.
East of Draynor bank is another rarely used spot to cut oaks, as most players are busy cutting the nearby willows instead. Another good spot is under the Castle Wars area, many oak trees and a bank is close by.
As mentioned in the opening paragraph, there are various ways to make logs into planks. This outlines the fastest way to do it.
- Oak logs (noted)
- Gold coins (equal to 250x the number of logs; make sure to pay your servant from your bank, or bring extra coins)
- Tell your servant to "un-cert" (which means to "un-note") as many logs as they can (26 if using the Demon butler).
- When they come back with the logs, the option to "Send logs to Sawmill" should be clicked.
- The first time your servant comes back with planks, accept them. Your inventory should now be full.
- Right click your servant and choose "Fetch-from-bank" and then choose the top option (which is to repeat the last task).
- The second time your servant comes back, you won't have space for items anymore and your servant will hold onto them.
- Repeat step 4-5 until you are out of logs.
|Obtain method||Log cost||Sawmill cost||Servant cost||Total cost||Profit|
Around 4836 Oak logs may be converted into planks per hour using this method (186 loads), yielding a loss of -183,768 per hour.
- Prior to the release of the Construction skill, the price of oak logs were around 20 coins each. After the skill was released, the prices of all logs (including oak logs) rose, and oak logs cost 200 coins to 300 coins each.
- The value of one Oak logs in Mobilising Armies is 5 Investment Credits.
- As of 24 January when dropping oak logs close to the tree on grass, the logs would turn green. This has been fixed.